Frustrated with TPA (cream) flavors ..!

You have a very forgiving palate. All V2 and DX I owned was a bust and unless you have a problem with regular flavors I’d advise anyone to avoid these at all cost.

4 Likes

Regular flavors give me chest ache sometimes so I tried the DX creams and milk when first starting diy. Although I don’t use them as much anymore; in favor of FA fresh cream, I never had a bad experience with them when used in small amounts.

1 Like

I have a diketone free caramel that I mix with less than 2% tfa DX sweet cream and vanilla that’s really good.

1 Like

@Pro_Vapes, you’re obviously many steps ahead in the same road with these creams - can you share some thoughts on next best options to look for? i’m leaning to FW given what i read in the reviews - but i also love (have) FA Fresh Cream … honestly i don’t mind having the same exact cream note as long as it’s close enough and the cream is of decent quality in a mix (for example, if i go FA, they don’t offer BC but may have something close)

as much as possible, i’m hoping it would be one vendor for cream flavors for easier stash management, unless that’s not the right way to go. thoughts?

1 Like

I wish there was a one stop company for creams, but that doesn’t seem to be the case from what I’ve seen. I have heard of people getting pepper notes from some of tfa’s creams, and off notes on cap’s vanillas. I have found the fw creams to be pretty good, and fa’s as well (really taking a liking to fa recently). Some of cap’s creams are pretty decent as well, I really like their butter cream for this shortbread juice that I make. Overall, the flavor notes section here is an excellent place to start as many people have done this footwork for you, but as I said, I haven’t used an fa cream that I didn’t like. Their fresh cream is an excellent canvas to add other notes to, as mentioned above. Vanilla I normally go with the shisha, holy, or Madagascar vanilla, depending on whether I want that note to be more forward or just to support another flavor in the mix.

2 Likes

Their meringue is invaluable to me for sure! I find it best used in combination with other creams to give that “airiness” for a more complete mouthfeel. The fa marshmallow is more like the actual flavor vs say, tpa’s where you can basically just sub it as a sweetener. Just depends on what you’re going after in a mix.

2 Likes

@AZViking, thanks, yeah - after some research here and around, i added FA Marshmallow and Meringue to my next order list (i still have the TPA versions).

i’m still not decided when it comes to FA Vienna cream vs FW Bavarian Cream - may end up with both - will also add a whipped, SC, vanilla ice cream (i have TPA and LB, but want to try another vendor’s VIC). as @Pro_Vapes said, this would be my “break the bond” order. that list is already running long, as creams is not the only thing on it :slight_smile: totally open for more suggestions though - and thanks everyone for helping!

1 Like

For creams I don’t believe one can get much better than FA, or FlavourArt. At least in terms of the more common companies. FA’s Fresh Cream and Vienna Cream are marvellous. As is meringue. Experiment by blending some of these together, a little TFA vanilla Swirl is nice in the mix too.

3 Likes

I was a lot like you in the beginning with mostly TPA and their creams. After so much failure I went on a mission to research flavors and only purchase highly recommended flavors which turned out to be more of the premium flavor variety. Once I got a hold of the FA creams I could see a big difference in my cream based mixes.

These are the creams that are staples in my stash…

• Vienna Cream FA
  • Cream Fresh FA
  • Cream Whipped FA
  • Sweet Cream CAP
  • VBIC TPA

Used singularly or in a combo, these pretty much work in any mix I make without adding any odd flavor notes.

I never really got a good gauge of Bavarian Cream TPA so I don’t exactly know which FA Cream would be a good replacement. The BC FW is one I never tried so I can’t offer any comments on it.

5 Likes

thank you friends for all the help and experiences you shared … i feel good about my next order …

BTW, it will be my 12th flavor order and my DIY 1st anniversary … let’s party !!!

3 Likes