Fuhattan I just can't help myself

Thanks Ken.

I did actually build with some pre made 0.5ohm coils first to get a feel for it and actually did go to the furthest positive on each of those but they were a little bigger and I felt a bit unsure with small coils whether it would be too much of a stretch.

But I’ve cottoned my coils and look at this.

1 Like

Looks good! Seen these wide bore drip tips/top caps? Love these things and they work great on the PV.

1 Like

Nice.

But let me get used to the PV first lol.

J

Hey fellow Vapers.

Here’s some pics of my first quad coil build.

@NewDrip not quite to your standards but only my second ever time building coils.

Big shout out to @Robthevaper who’s guided me through the mech mod paradise and a bit of battery safety.

Now to the pics.

3 Likes

Aimed for 0.7ohm dual coil build.

Achieved a 0.64ohm dual coil build.

I’m preferring the slightly higher dual build at present over the lower quad.

When my IGO-W and PLUME VEIL SS get here I think I’ll try out a few different builds.

I’ll have to order some more Kanthal this week with some other grades too.

I’ll probably get some 22, 24 and possibly some 26 along with my 28awg Kanthal.

May try some parallels and start trying my hand at some twisted coils.

J

2 Likes

Beautiful build. I personally prefer 28g Kanthal because of the ramp up time and flavor, for Kanthal that is. My favorite wire is 316L 26g. It takes a few more wraps but it has low ramp up time, is very durable and provides fantastic flavor with plain microcoil builds. If you look at the other sellers list it is cheaper than the original posting.

Dont hesitate to get some 30g too, great for twisted builds. I order all my Kanthal from either Lightening Vapes or direct from Temco.

Nice job and happy vaping!

2 Likes

Cheers Ken.

I’ll look into the 316L isn’t there 317L also that can be used?

I’m feeling a lot happier about wrapping coils after this dual build as my coils are getting tighter and closer together without much need to crimp them before heating etc.

The only reason I mentioned the thicker gauges of Kanthal is that I want to try and get more surface area with my dual coil builds to hopefully achieve greater flavour again.

I’ve seen a RipTrippers video where he does a 28g 4strand parallel 10wrap single coil that I wouldn’t mind trying and it comes out at 0.5ohms. It’s a big one that’s for sure and needs to be built slightly angled to fit most decks.

But it looks like it would be a great build to try.

But that’s a few more coils away just yet lol.

J

1 Like

317L is also available but 316L is easier to get in small lengths. To purchase 317L you need to purchase it by the pound as it is for welding, the 316L is surgical steal and used in jewelry making. In the years that i have been wrapping coils i went through the experimental phase and wrapped all kinds of crazy coils. I ended up just going with a single coil 7 wraps 317L micro coil for flavor. It puts me at appx .3ohms and seems to be my favorite flavor build.

The experimentation was fun to, thats for sure.

Thanks for the info Ken.

I might grab some 316L next time too in a 26g.

I’m going to twist some 28g tomorrow and see what fun i can have with some twisted coil building. Lol.

J

1 Like

My first attempt at some twisted 28g.

Using rip trippers method with an Allan key and drill and some pliers.

Was all done in about 60 seconds.

Really easy should anyone want to try it.

J

So tonight I made my first build with the twisted 28g kanthal.

7 wraps on a 2mm rod dual coil.

Came out at 0.4ohms.

Oh my fucking God!!!

Flavour is INSANE and Vapor production is CRAZY!!

Here’s some pics of the build.

4 Likes

You’ve got me wanting to try twisted wire again, beautifully done. I use the coffee cup method as im too lazy to walk to the garage.

3 Likes

Thanks Ken. Not too shabby for my 4th ever attempt at wrapping my own coils.

I’m impressed with how quick the learning curve is with coil wrapping.

Made all the easier with my coil master tool.

I have one thing to say about you trying a twisted build again.

BUILD IT BUILD IT BUILD IT BUILD IT lol.

I can vouch for the tightness with the drill and Allen key twist. 10 ridges on my wire measured 12mm.

Divided that by 10 for inputting into steam engine, 1.2mm per ridge, 2 strands in the twist, diameter 2mm rod, 0.4ohm and Bam 7 wraps with a heat flux around 89.

It’s a lovely cool dense Vape with buckets of flavour and I mean BUCKETS!!!

J

3 Likes

Nice! Ill go out and grab the drill when i wake up, 3:30 am here now. Never tried twisting with my drill nor have ai tried twisting with anything but 30g. Im all about the flavor so if i can get a little more out of my PV’s it would be worth it. Its been a year since ive wrapped anything but simple micro singles @ .3ohms.

Thanks for the pics, beautiful!

2 Likes

Hope you have a good sleep its 936am here. I’m in work doing the daily grind. Lol.

Check out rip trippers twisted coil tutorial and that’s how I done it.

Keep spinning your drill until the wire snaps.

J

2 Likes