Fur babies!

When I got this dog and took him to the vet for a check up, I had doubts he was a GSD. The vet seems to think he is, but how often do you see a GSD that big? I mean really, on the outside I’ve seen them around 100 lbs, maybe a tad over. But 130 lbs? I think he’s either a freak of a GSD or he’s Shiloh.

3 Likes

The Lions lay down with the lambs. So yes, I believe that all if r Furr babies will be waiting on us on the other side. They r playing & when we arrive they will recognize us & will cross the rainbow into heaven with us.

4 Likes

I sure hope so and my preacher said the same about his friend he believes he will be there
I am going to have a large pack and Ozo is in trouble all those animals lol

5 Likes

Saint Peter to @ozo (upon his arrival) : “We’re gonna need a bigger bridge!!”

5 Likes

Buummmp… Hey new people? you got any Fur Babies?

4 Likes

I think they all moved over here :laughing:

6 Likes

Thread Necro!!! :partying_face: … in honor of @JoJo hitting the scene. :kissing_heart:

Jam On It!!!

:sunglasses:

6 Likes

Girlie and CAmo

7 Likes

11 Likes

When we finally do get a dog, I’m totally teaching him or her to do that. :rofl: Sadly, I had to have Luna put to sleep about a year ago, so we are down to just this chunky monster. His name is Happy.

Technically he is my daughter’s cat, but we all know how that goes. :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

43119231_10155717790292374_4684740156547137536_n

one of 8 coons for me… I also have 4 feral kitties… 2 possums. they all come and go.

5 Likes

My George & Gracie

8 Likes

They look alot like my Chuck and Gracie :smiley_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

7 Likes

What a different a year makes

Look at me I learnt to sit

Barney’s first hail storm

9 Likes

Wow and just like that she is all grown up it didn’t seem like long ago (i looked and it was Oct 18 lol) @Josephine_van_Rijn when she was just a wee small pup

6 Likes

That’s correct, I got her on the 9th when she was 9 weeks old.
I love her to bits. We always go to the park for a few hours everyday and after that I cannot get her out of the house anymore :grin:
She flat out refuses to get up.
We are a perfect match in that respect, I rather stay in too. She also bites her nails, something I’ve done for most of my life but stopped after I started vaping. I just can’t get her to vape :laughing:
We are born on the same day so that’s probably why we are so alike.

Yours is doing pretty good, he’s getting huge :grin:

6 Likes

I love this thread!
I have read it from the top down over the last few days and gone through every emotion possible :hugs:

I have a few pics to share too!

This is Tansy - she was a stray that someone I knew found at her work. I was offered her to keep, said no, then when I got home, turned around and drove the 30mins back to pick her up. She was with me for 18 years and was my bestie. I had her before I met my Husband and it was hard to let her go… She was a real lap cat but hated the car and would scream the whole time.

When we moved the four-hours to where we are now, I went to the vet to have her checked and get some sedation for the drive. They said she had an arrhythmia and did not want to give her any. I explained that I would rather her die from the medication than stress from being in the car.
They agreed and I gave her half the dose - she was fine - slept the whole way & woke up at the end!

Towards the end we started calling her Bobsy - her head used to bob around like one of those bobble toys you put on the dash of your car.

I was reluctant to take her to the vet given her fear of the car (and a 40 minute drive) but it got to the point where she was going loopy - she attacked a load of bread for no apparent reason - so I took her for a test drive about 15kms and she didn’t make a peep…so the decision was made…

This is Bear - we got him from the RSPCA - he was said to be a Rottie x Kelpie x Shepherd - mostly the Shepherd came through. He was a good friend and my hubby’s buddy.

Thankfully he went quietly with no illness, we were able to take him for a last run on the beach before he passed.

This is Seven (you might recognise her, :crazy_face:)

Bear helped us find Seven -hubby said there was a feral in the yard, so we ‘sicked’ Bear onto it - he stopped - the cat was up the gum tree - hubby said “make up your mind before I get back” - no question - we had a new cat!

We left her in the bathroom overnight with some food & cat litter to see if she could be tamed - it didn’t take much! We found out the next morning she had only been eating crickets to survive!!

Seven’s first bath

First bed

She soon found her place!

And has grown to be quite the “lady”

This is Bosco - his parents belonged to our neighbours’ John and Shirley, who had a collection of great working dogs - we had been thinking of getting a dog to help hubby at work on the farms. Bosco’s mum died not long after giving birth and he and the other pups were hand reared by Johns daughter-in-law. When John offered us one we jumped at the chance, we knew how well his dad Lenny worked in the yards!

The teenage years were a challenge - such an active dog and he was never afraid of anything even when he was little he would be out with hubby fencing or such and would walk right up to the cattle and not blink an eye - didn’t chase them - just looked - can’t say the same for sheep tho!

Bosco has turned out to be worth his weight in gold for hubby at work - he loves working even if he only does it part-time!

A friend at work then offered me a kitten, as a feral cat had kittens in their yard, I said “only if you’ve got a grey one”
Meet Casper…

No kitten photos - i had a phone malfunction and lost a year in 2016. We could never find Casper when she was a kitten, we would call and call and look and look and all of a sudden she would appear - like a ghost.
Casper used to be the hunter at our previous house but since we moved she has turned into a big baby and just wants to sit on your lap no matter what you are doing.

We also have had raised a couple of orphan lambs… Lunch and Dinner :astonished:

Until “The Last Supper” and they were ready for the butcher…

and Chickens to Chooks for eggs

Chooks are great pets too - if you have them from young they become quite friendly. These are different to the two we have now who let me pick them up and carry them back to their house at night!!

Anyway enough of my ramblings… I might go look for another feral cat to tame :laughing:

17 Likes

ROFLMAO!!!

Quite the extended family you’ve enjoyed there! :smiley:
Lovely share :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I wish I had a big house with a piece of land. I’ve always wanted a horse and I wouldn’t mind having a goat :goat:
They are all so cute, especially Bosco, I could eat him up :grin:

4 Likes

Me too. I’ve always wanted a barn with a little of everything. Of course the animals would have to be extremely intelligent so they could feed themselves and I can sleep in.

6 Likes