Fur babies!

He was a gorgeous sexy beast LOL. Even today at the vet’s they were having some special adoption event and he got most of the attention. Knowing Athos, he loved every minute of it. That dog would actually pose for pictures, but never begged for attention. It just came to him.

3 Likes

@Josephine_van_Rijn, @Kinnikinnick @BoyHowdy, thank you for your thoughts. I do appreciate it.

I hope I responded to everyone. If I didn’t, leaving you out wasn’t intentional.

4 Likes

We have 2 dogs - a 130 lbs Shiloh Shepherd (Ares) and a 16 lbs Pomeranian (Duchess)

Ares is a big, imposing dog. He’s 4-1/2 years old, in his prime, and strong as an ox. Duchess is 17 years old, nearly blind, bad hearing, missing several teeth and just geriatric as all get out. But Ares is the least aggressive dog I’ve ever owned and the joke around here is if someone was robbing us, he’d hold open the door for them. But I’ve just learned how very sweet he is. I feed him Canidae dry food and the Pom gets a soft food. Wife says the dry is hard for her to chew. But with the Canidae, it’s so high in protein and nutrients that the food has to be metered to prevent obesity, so Ares gets 2-2/3 cups a day, 4/3 in the morning and evening. He’s been devouring both meals for a good while. And with the summer coming to an end, the normal thing for him is to eat more to add more body fat for winter months. The past couple of weeks though, he’s been leaving about 1/4 cup uneaten. I thought for a while he may be getting sick because he would eat then go take a nap. But he leaves that little bit then moves about 10’ away from his bowl and watches as Duchess comes and finishes what was left. Once she’s done he’ll go to his bowl and look, then goes and lays down. Maybe I’m getting to be a total softy but this just brings a tear to my eye to see. Duchess is on her last legs, we all know it. Now I’m convinced Ares knows it too and is showing kindness and nurturing.

13 Likes

awww that is so sweet that he saves her some :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awww…'bout made an old man tear up.

1 Like

Awe man I know what it is like had to do it 3 times myself
It is very sad day but I knew when it was time and I now have a 14 year old doberman that isn’t far from having to do it again

So Sorry

9 Likes

After over a year of illness, Pepper decided to cross the bridge…now she can run and play in peace.
She was a Princess, and had a great, long, spoiled life.
09/11/1996–10/16/2016
[yes, she was born on my birthday]

8 Likes

Such a beauty! So sorry to hear your news @ozo. I’ll bet she is rolling around in heavenly catnip and thinking about how much she was loved. Sending a hug to you and yours.

6 Likes

I’m real sorry to hear that Ozo, I know your pain. :crying_cat_face:

5 Likes

I am sorry to hear of your loss my friend.Pepper is in a better place free of all hardships and hindrances.God bless you for making her life better for the short time your paths crossed.
She will be happily waiting for the time they get to cross again.

6 Likes

My sincere condolences. May Pepper rest in peace.

5 Likes

Before digital cameras…when she was just a lass…

10 Likes

sorry to hear that brother, my condolences, they’re never with us long enough, I’m sure she had an amazing 20 years with you :thumbsup::pensive:

6 Likes

So sorry ozo. She was beautiful and I’m sure she had a great life with you and will be missed. :cry:

4 Likes

I did get vape mail today, nothing unusual about that, and I wasn’t expecting FedEx today, BUT…
I heard the truck coming up the driveway, then the driver was on my porch in a flash [not my usual delivery driver].
He left a box by the door and was gone just as fast. I was not prepared for what I found.

I have been buying animal food, etc. from www.chewy.com for years, and they are absolutely the greatest. Great prices, fast delivery, and exquisite customer service like @Nicotine_River
They called me yesterday to inform me of a product change on one of my auto-ship orders, and as usual, ask me about all the critters. I told them Pepper passed, most all was good with the rest, changed the product for the order, then asked if I would hold for the Jr VP. So out of the ordinary…and Trevor and I talked for 4 hours and 18 minutes.[I have proof on my phone if you have doubts] I felt blessed, and honored.
Anyway, this is what FedEx delivered this afternoon…I am so humbled

Two brilliant bouquets and a large glass vase…Peruvian Lillies

18 Likes

That’s amazing @ozo :slight_smile:

There really are some amazing people in the world. :clap:

5 Likes

That’s a really nice gesture, you don’t hear that often these days :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Sorry for your loss Ozo, but dam that was nice of them. :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Really sorry

3 Likes

Oh wow…how wonderful! That just tells you that there are still some good, genuine people in this world! It also speaks volumes about that company and that they truly do care for animals and their customers. They truly understand your loss and have shown it. What an unexpected gift that hopefully lightened your heart a bit to the sorrow you have been feeling over your loss of Pepper. You know how sorry and sad I feel for you Ozo…I truly hope you are getting along as well as possible since her passing. I know how hard it is…

4 Likes