Fur babies!

So sorry she’s gone, but glad you each had the pleasure of the others company for so long.

3 Likes

Thought I would get me another cat…since Lucy and Pepper have both crossed the bridge this year…

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s a Chupacabra :wink: Maybe there is one animal you shouldn’t rescue :scream_cat:

5 Likes

Oh my! What is that? :scream:

I’d say it was either a ‘Pat’…a ‘pit’…a ‘Cig’…or a ‘Cag’ …

“Meoink”

3 Likes

Still think I would purrfer a little kitty over the patpig :pig_nose:

2 Likes

@anon60225325

I do have 20 [not so] little kitties that have over-taken my home…still here.[inside only]

I have rescued for over 50yrs, and so many people do such wonderful jobs of rescuing dogs/cats…
but not many rescue exotic critters. God bless any and all that do what they can, and I swear to you,
I try my damnedest …to give my last dime to help.
Not many people would succumb to giving up a 5000 square foot home to animals and have them
basically take over. They (some/many) call it eccentric …foolish…or even hoarding. That’s just on the
inside of my home ,and I have over 900 acres of land that I have made a home for 100’s of large animals,
most that I had to drive 1000’s of miles to get near , and after days/weeks to corral and load into trailers, and transport back.Or it has been relatively simple to just get a call to rescue a hungry 11 foot python, and go pick her up. Simple, right…just go pick her up. What do you think her diet is to keep her in rescue? [not dissin’ you @anon60225325 , just sayin’, eh?]
I had a Puma [my rescue] that lived like a house cat, for 19+ years in my home…and was a lap kitty. I lost her over the bridge a short while ago.
I am bonded and licensed for exotics, and as much as I adore domestics, I don’t know the difference in loving between the two…critters are critters…and I love them, maybe wrongfully…but more than I do most all humans. I certainly trust them more.
I am NOT slammin’ at you, not pickin’ at you,…you just came along at the time where it found the hole in my heart and I was vulnerable to bleed some of my feelings…and I apologize if it feels negative…not my intention.
I don’t know any other way to be in this life, and I have trusted God, and I have trusted sweat lodges with the Hopi’s, and I believe in spirits.
I do spend hours every day helping disabled US Veterans, homeless Veterans, mostly nights under bridges and interstate overpasses, and most welcome my presence, but the animals ALWAYS welcome me completely…especially if they are harmed or hurting.
I am now so embarrassed to open up like this, but you seeded something, and I apologize if it seemed directed at you, I meant no dis-respect to your post/reply. Forgive me…?

5 Likes

I’m new here on ELR so nobody knows me yet but I thought I’d share a pic of Daphne the Dorkosaurus! A home is not alive without the pitter-patter of four little feet.

10 Likes

Welcome @RusUSA ! Beautiful animal.

1 Like

Thanks Alisa! FYI, I read all the good reviews on Bust-A Nut and the flavors will all be here tomorrow. Can’t wait!

3 Likes

Love, there is nothing to forgive! I totally see where you’re coming from and I’m sorry if I came out disrespectful for the patpig and its fellow beings - it’s just me preferring soft fur for skin. I feel every animal has a soul that shines through and for that one can’t pick one for another, they are all beings for me too. I honor your work and your care for these animals - seems like the love and respect goes both ways as they want to be with you. Thank you for letting me/us in @ozo, I feel humble to the core. :tiger: :heart:

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum, both you and Daphne, looking forward to get to know you.

2 Likes

Welcome @RusUSA
Daphne looks just like Jake.
When you find you are in love with Bust-A-Nut…you MUST try @Alisa DaMomma Hazelnut Cake
I can not go a day…an hour…without both in my rotation. I keep at least two 8oz bottles…of EACH… in the aging closet at all times

Jake

An afternoon with the magnetic stirrer

We have some other puppies…

8 Likes

Are they Staffies? :heart_eyes:

This is my boy Henry

And my girls, Phoebe and Maj

9 Likes

my ‘other’ babies, Beau & Bebe :heart:

9 Likes

Love how they have the same colouring but are so different!

2 Likes

What a beauty! And welcome :smiley:

1 Like

I’m too daft with them, I’ve just bathed them both tonight, it was not a pleasant experience lol, Bebe’s super easy takes like 5 minutes but Beau is 14 now and her legs are shot so doing it without hurting her is tricky as she slips everywhere, we are literally a house of demics at the moment, I look after my 78yr old mum, she fell over and broke her arm on Monday, I got the flu day after, and I come home tonight and Keira has come home from school with an eye infection, :weary: lol…happy days…not so much.

1 Like

Oh my days, what a week you are all having :weary:. Bless Beau too…hard work this getting old business. Henry detests having a bath but I have to do it regularly or his fur matts…have to chase him round the house, I swear he senses it’s b a t h time :joy:

2 Likes