FW Blood Orange oily component?

Just bought a bottle of this flavour and noticed a few bubbles of what looks like an oily layer floating around. Not really worried, just wondering, this is the first flavour where I noticed a separation. Any experiences?

2 Likes

Yep. Mine is the same. No issues for me at least.

3 Likes

Quite a few flavorings do that, two come to mind right away. Rootbeer LB and Orange Banana LB. Oh and coke RFSC. Pretty sure i remember a lemon flavoring from FW do it too.

2 Likes

Well i guess that’s the challenge when you try to make flavorings for vaping. Oils are the best flavor carriers but you can’t use them or just in tiny amounts.

1 Like

I had a Blood Orange from Real Flavors (I believe it was) do that and posted a query about it. If I recall they (Walt) stated that, that will happen and is not something that should be concerned about, just do what you should always do, shake your flavoring prior to using them…

Actually it was @Ken_O_Where stating that they had seen separation in some ingredients…

2 Likes

Mine is the same. From the FW description for Blood Orange:
" Please Note: (Shake well before use). Natural citrus flavorings will vary from batch to batch because of the natural aspect of the flavoring, the season of the crop and the raw material that is sourced at the time of manufacture. Also natural citrus flavors can separate when mixed with glycerin and other base materials." http://flavorwest.com/index.php/blood-orange.html

I looked it up when I first bought it because it looked odd to me, but it tastes fine.

4 Likes

Mine does something similar, just shake it up and good to go.

1 Like

Same here. Normal for this flavor

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

so i have oil in my concentrate.
is this normal?
Kept in room temperature same as all the other flavors.
asdf

1 Like

That’s not oil. Fw Blood Orange separates. Shake it good and you should be good to go.

5 Likes

Looking at the MSDS, it does contain some natural orange oil.

4 Likes

@woftam merge please

5 Likes

I was just searching for that thread :rofl:

5 Likes

good. thanks.

3 Likes