Gbox mod - now it's actually quite decent

I run it in TC mode with ss coils, and it can give me almost 700 puffs before the batteries go flat. And with these bottles no more bad plasticky bottle, or opening the battery cover to refill it :smiley:

6 Likes

Ya, well, mine ties my shoes in the morning. Ya, that’s right. And fixes dinner at night too. Ya. ROLF, it is a nice fix. Maybe someday. Where did you source the magnets?

5 Likes

miniature wargaming :slight_smile:

I used to build tons of warhammer 40k back in the day, and used magnets for different weapon options. Still have a ton left.

https://www.thewarstore.com/modifix-rare-earth-magnet.html

They are usually cheap and some packs come with a matching drill bit.

4 Likes

Woah! Rare earth no less. Bravo. So where do I buy the vice grips to get the facure back off?

3 Likes

3mm ones are not ‘that’ strong :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Specialty stores will always charge ya more and don’t like that they dont state what grade (strength) they are. Jmak mentions other sources in Geekvape Gbox Silicon Conversion - #31 by JMak642

5 Likes

This is strictly my opinion, but if I was in the market for a regulated 2 battery squonker then the Rage would be my choice.

A few things to note, I am not a fan of GeekVape products and have never used the Gbox. Also, I’ve seen people say that the Rage is made by Smok. I am not 100% sold on that unless Desire Designs, the maker of X Mini, is a sibling company to Smok, or uses Smok chip sets.

The price point may be a factor too. The Rage goes for about $94. But I got mine for $50 thanks to @Lostmarbles. They do run specials some times.

As for my use of the Rage, it goes with me every where.

8 Likes

Very nicely modded. I’m still on my original Gbox bottle, and it hasn’t given me any troubles yet, but time will tell. I do like the magnets however, as that just makes things stupid easy.

4 Likes

Never used em before but as a vendor here one might trust them more??,right?? Buybest.com - Anniversary Flash Sale 9.16-9.18, $44.99 for Desire Rage Squonk Box Mod

6 Likes

Yeah. I’ve seen people post about BuyBest and haven’t seen any negative feedback.

Of course Gearbest is a vendor here too, but I won’t ever order from them

5 Likes

I’ve bought from Buybest and it wasn’t a bad experience. It did take a while to get the item though - about two weeks. At 44.95 for a Rage, I would jump on that and wait the wait.

5 Likes

recoilrda.com is sold out of the Rage, but it’s interesting that they still have the LABORDAY discount code still active. Fingers crossed that it’s still good when they get the 6th batch in stock.

5 Likes

Na I am pretty sure it is not made by smok but it uses the same chip set as many smok products - nuvoton

6 Likes

I posted that link as an example. I totally can’t remember where I got my magnets since I bought them years ago. But you are correct about specialty stores (especially if they have anything to do with miniatures)

3 Likes

work on the cover in progress :slight_smile:

Smoothing out the screw holes

4 Likes

that is a great deal, I paid 99.00 for mine, but that was brushed SS, and would do so again. I’m getting confused with bestbuy and buybest, either way, I had my stomach pumped out because of one of them.
So very happy with the Rage, and it is a tough lil bugger. I have fell asleep on the commode and dropped the Rage a few times. Still working !!
I would buy the VAPING BIKER squonk (luv that guy, him and TODD did a gig yesterday) but , going to wait for the TOPSIDE this sept-oct. or maybe Xmas Sale.

@adary you did a great job on the conversion!!

@SmilingOgre, me to man, waiting for 2 batt. DNA250C squonker !!

5 Likes

Thanks man!

There is still work to be done. In the end there will be no trace of the screw holes :slight_smile:
Update coming tomorrow most likely

3 Likes

I’ve got the Therion 75C BF and outside of the dismal battery life it is a wonderful device. It’s my “dessert” mod. I put a Aladdin on it and vape a dessert after dinner. A 250C would be outstanding.

3 Likes

I’m lobbying Vaporesso to make a dual battery squonker. Their chip is decent with TC as well

4 Likes

I’ll second that. Great choice!!!

5 Likes