Gbox mod - now it's actually quite decent

I’ve bought from Buybest and it wasn’t a bad experience. It did take a while to get the item though - about two weeks. At 44.95 for a Rage, I would jump on that and wait the wait.

5 Likes

recoilrda.com is sold out of the Rage, but it’s interesting that they still have the LABORDAY discount code still active. Fingers crossed that it’s still good when they get the 6th batch in stock.

5 Likes

Na I am pretty sure it is not made by smok but it uses the same chip set as many smok products - nuvoton

6 Likes

I posted that link as an example. I totally can’t remember where I got my magnets since I bought them years ago. But you are correct about specialty stores (especially if they have anything to do with miniatures)

3 Likes

work on the cover in progress :slight_smile:

Smoothing out the screw holes

4 Likes

that is a great deal, I paid 99.00 for mine, but that was brushed SS, and would do so again. I’m getting confused with bestbuy and buybest, either way, I had my stomach pumped out because of one of them.
So very happy with the Rage, and it is a tough lil bugger. I have fell asleep on the commode and dropped the Rage a few times. Still working !!
I would buy the VAPING BIKER squonk (luv that guy, him and TODD did a gig yesterday) but , going to wait for the TOPSIDE this sept-oct. or maybe Xmas Sale.

@adary you did a great job on the conversion!!

@SmilingOgre, me to man, waiting for 2 batt. DNA250C squonker !!

5 Likes

Thanks man!

There is still work to be done. In the end there will be no trace of the screw holes :slight_smile:
Update coming tomorrow most likely

3 Likes

I’ve got the Therion 75C BF and outside of the dismal battery life it is a wonderful device. It’s my “dessert” mod. I put a Aladdin on it and vape a dessert after dinner. A 250C would be outstanding.

3 Likes

I’m lobbying Vaporesso to make a dual battery squonker. Their chip is decent with TC as well

4 Likes

I’ll second that. Great choice!!!

5 Likes

So i just had to go ahead and do this :slight_smile:

The cover got sanded with 360 grit (dry), 600 grit (dry), 1000 grit (wet) and 2000 grit (wet) and is now ready for paint:

360 grit

600 grit

1000 grit

2000 grit

tomorrow primer and paint :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Primer (2 coats after taking a few blemishes out in the first coat)

And paint :slight_smile:

The color I went with is Arctic blue - dark metallic blue that was used on certain WWII airplanes.

8 Likes

Effin’ gorgeous man!
Love the color choice as well!

5 Likes

Thanks man!

Let’s just hope i’m lucky with varnish. I need at least 3 coats, and in the meanwhile all bottles of varnish I found went bad …

4 Likes

They look great. Did you paint them?

3 Likes

Yes, in a thread that looked very much like yours! Naked mods, primer, whole deal.

4 Likes

Did you also replace the squonk bottle with a proper one? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, and like you, the reason I chose to paint them is because I was sloppy and scuffed the original finish when installing the magnets.

4 Likes

I did the same, but from the start I wanted to completely mask up the screw holes in the back cover

4 Likes

Yeah that’s a nice touch.

1 Like