Getting there...flavour adding!

On top of what @Sprkslfly said you may realize, at some point down the road, that you have amassed all those flavors but really only use 20%-30% on a regular basis. There are quite a few of us that have done this. There’s a topic on that here if you search for it.

11 Likes

When I first started, I tried to mix other peoples recipes “exactly” as they had created it, but my stash started growing too fast, so I stopped buying new flavors and now just substitute other “similar” flavors with a guestimated amount… stash stops growing real fast this way, until there’s some stupid sale that I just have to buy some new flavors I’ve never tried or have wanted (like OOO milky undertone).

I think @eStorm is the queen on flavor substitutions (from what I’ve read so far)… hit her up for substitution help - it’ll help tame your growing stash, and save you some $$ at the same time – unless it’s a flavor you just gotta have.

11 Likes

Past 60 days went from zero to over 230 flavors. Haven’t been to vape shop since then. Haven’t mixed anything soo bad had to dump “yet”…
Having Sh*t tons of fun mixing. All thanks to the mix community!
Thanks everyone!!!

14 Likes

I hate to break it to you, but that’s a “semi-permanent problem”. :flushed: chuckles
Even at almost 400 flavors. :roll_eyes: lol

Ooooh… There’s one I didn’t remember to mention. Especially where “more expensive” flavors are concerned!

In general, a good, no -make that great rule to try and stick to, is always buy as small as possible (when buying unknown flavors).
You never know if you are going to like what may be “wildly popular” among everyone else, but just doesn’t suit your preferences!

Now, that said, there are some that you just can not apply that practice, and just have to bite the bullet. Medicine Flower (MF) is one brand [$22/15ml is the smallest], and Hangsen is frequently another [$6-8/30ml at BCV] for certain flavors. Flavorah is frequently in this as well, as until recently, they can range from $6-$13/15ml. (Thankfully @BullCityFlavors has taken requests from the community to heart, and started selling FLV in smaller bottles!)

As @TorturedZen said above, it’s easy to end up with flavors you don’t use enough to justify, or worse, at all (because you bought on some crazy clearance sale, and figured “What’s the harm? It’s cheap…”) /facepalm
Those in particular can add up, and feel like a kick in the seat. chuckles

Anyways, sounds like you are off to a good start, and have your head about you. Just hoping to save you the pitfalls that are all too easy to fall into. :wink:

12 Likes

Good advice as well!

Yeah, there are some flavors that just cannot be subbed. :wink:

8 Likes
9 Likes

I think it happens to everyone …

4 Likes

Scroll down on the front page mate

9 Likes

The macconoughey post made my day , yesterday and today actually :laughing:

5 Likes

Sad to see that it looks like the offer is for business only. Guess that one won’t be in my Christmas stocking …

But with a little luck (if this next remodel job goes right)

https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-8440-box-of-291-15ml-bottles.aspx

This one I’ll be able to order and get after the new year…

Edit found this one. (For maybe next Christmas)

https://store.flavorah.com/Full-Line-of-Flavorah-Vapor-Flavorings_p_800.html

5 Likes

Cheers :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Totally agree with that…so although I got my order from Chef’s just the other day I’m due to get a juice factory order tomorrow because I took on some advice from this thread, the part about making sure you have the flavours u really need to have. I’ve only got a few drops of NY cheesecake(Cap) left, no TPA VBIC or their Cream whipped, I did get whipped cream (FW) & FW VBIC but they’re not the same also opened my last 13ml bottle of Vanilla custard v1 (Cap) & I can’t live without that! Got 5 of the flavours in 30mls, tried t get Capella VCv1 in a bigger size but not available but could only get NY CHEESECAKE (CAP) 118mls was $29.25 so will save me over $20 if I kept buying 30ml size from juice factory. The other big reason for placing this order was Strawberry ripe TPA 'is changing supplier or something ’ & I love the original that I’ve got less than half a 10ml bottle of anyways so needed it regardless. I stuck to my elr shopping list (not wish list) & even forgot Vanilla Swirl but got 1 flavour I’ve always wanted Salted Caramel (FW) even though I’ve got viles of Saline 9% now lots of Salted Caramel recipes require both. So that’s all I’ll be ordering for a long time. Have a tight budget as it is, these 2 favour orders & abit of organic Japanese cotton coming, 8 times 6 types of Demon Killer coils & a Recurve rda squonker plus 3 snake skin drip tips all cheap from Wish has been my Xmas present. I was i a tobacconist store the other day & I couldn’t afford to smoke tobacco any more, infact I don’t know how I used to pay for 2-3 50gram pouches of Winnie Blues plus papers, filters & lighters or gas. Over 27 years fuck I spent a small…no I spent a FORTUNE over 27 years that could’ve been a house OMG! So glad I’m relatively set up as a diy vaper now after being off smokes for 2&1/2 years now! About bloody time hey! Just thinking about those figures is making my head reel…sorry for having a realization during this extra long post. Thanks to all the people who made vaping possible for saving my life & $!

7 Likes

Readmy email & had vape mail waiting to be picked up from my parcel locker, yay! My Recurve by WOTIFO & Mikevapes is here, my 1st postless deck. Looking forward to squonking with it. Also got a packet of Cotton Bacon Prime that I ordered before I was lucky enough to be given the tip to order a massive packet of Organic Japanese cotton sheets. Theres 180 bundles made up of 6or so layers that will be able to make 6-8 wicks out of each layer which means 48 wicks per sheet x 180…no need to buy cotton wicking material for me for years! Also got a cute round airtight container with HipHop graffed on the lid it’s another brand of cotton previously ordered & forgotten about…suprise! Got a little purple rubber that goes around the glass on a tank with a cap to cover the drp tip to prevent dust & stuff going into the mouthpiece with the words Vape later printed on it. It was a random colour selection & I got purple my favourite colour, yay! Was good timing as I lost my custom bought smaller drip tip (purple snake skin/honeycomb design) yesterday & the Recurve came with 2 a smaller frosted black & a red colour 1 with strips of blue, black yellow & green, very pretty but still cool so it would suit male or female tastes. I know this is in the topic that I started on flavour adding but this kind of lead on from my previous post. So no one needs to remind me here I’m posting!

3 Likes

It’s your thread that you created. If you want to drift, then drift away! (There’s a few of us that quite happily go with the organic flow of things.)
Fret not! :wink:

Furthermore, congrats on the the new goodies!

5 Likes

Yes & there was a typo there it should’ve been " I know this isn’t in the topic". My very 1st thead created, is there a special badge for that? Lol! Just the fact that my thought posted lead to a thread that’s still going is great & it was spontaneous and organic too boot! By the way thanks for giving me the idea of explaining my natural sweetener base along with any recipe I use it in. That fixes everything! I’ve already posted on TZs’ Guide to elr flavour stash thread about exactly how I’m going to word it too. So really TY!

3 Likes

Already happened and still the same concentrate. TPA even made a post etc. So there was no reason to get that in a bigger size. Great if you use it or course, but I would highly recommend not to fall into this dooms day/apocalypse rabbit hole, mostly created by companies/vendors or their fan boys to spike the sales :wink:

Or it could get very expensive, or out of hand lol.

4 Likes

WELLLLLLLLL< I wish I had been able to buy a quart of Real Flavors Black label French Toast when it was available, LOL kinda kidding but

5 Likes

Yep, more good advice. :wink:
Besides the fact that, even IF you do “stock up”, there’s still two very hard and cold realities to contend with.

1. The flavor doesn’t magically have its finite shelf life extended (so it’s still going to expire in the year or two ahead -temp dependant of course).

2. When you DO eventually run out, you’re still left to deal with “the loss” of a beloved flavor.

(Like eStorm mentioned though, and others have similarly already confirmed, it’s only the slightest of changes being reported if any. Unlike when Inawera fundamentally changed chocolate cream, etc. :cry: )

4 Likes

Thats a wonderful flavor, I get no salt at all from it though. So you can have it both ways. Maybe I’ll have to try the saline sometime for a change-up.

3 Likes

Glad I bought the 30ml Strawberry ripe TPA as I do use it a lot. TY for your wise words on not being tricked into buying flavours!

1 Like