Give Away Oak Barrel Bourbon Street Juice

Wow…I can’t wait to try this. It smells incredible. Thank you so much @anon13011326 :star_struck:

P.S. Happy Holidays to you as well!

10 Likes

@anon13011326- initial impression is this is unlike anything I’ve vaped before. I was scared of the AP at 2% but it works well. So far I’m really digging this. Thank you so much.

6 Likes

I agree it is different and not something I like as an all day vape, more of an end of day relaxing thing that can shine through the days vape tongue.

4 Likes

I’m drinking a spiced cider and vaping it right now. Very good combo I must say.

5 Likes

Have you tried it yet?

1 Like

Unfortunately not yet. I won’t be home to set this up in an atty until tomorrow. Looking forward to it for sure.

4 Likes

Received my bottle yesterday. I’ve got to make some more coils though before I can do a fresh setup to test this!

Finger test is very promising though! :smiley:

5 Likes

Thank you again!!! Happy Holidays to you too.
It smells fabulous and is actually one of the BEST juice I ever vaped! Fantastic job and this is defiantly worth looking into getting a barrel for steeping! Wow!! Very well done!!

7 Likes

What an awesome thing to do! Very generous and kind!

6 Likes

Got it! Thank you so much, @anon13011326!

7 Likes

Well, @anon13011326 my friend, you just made a 40 yr old man say “scrumptious” out loud. :laughing:
Once again, thank you very much.

9 Likes

I’ll just paste my comment (as left on the recipe side) here. *with a question added at the bottom.

The only thing I’m curious about is, after having tried it, I went back and looked at your ratio. It seems very “runny” compared to my normal 80vg mixes, and having noted that you mixed it at 83vg, I was wondering if you noted any changes (possibly due to the process) to the perceived viscosity?

In the bottle, it looks more like a 65-70vg mix (the way it flows). I’m not sure what to attribute this to, nor do I want to assume. Primarily just a curiosity*.

*I can’t say anything definitive, because I only vaped one tank before I switched off. But normally one or two tanks is all it takes to negatively affect me when it comes to my PG sensitivity to rear it’s head. So I can’t say it is or isn’t off with certainty yet (until I go back for the “next round” of sampling).
But I am torn. I wanted to get my thoughts up promptly, but at the same time, I want this to last, as it’s definitely a very nice treat for when the mood hits!! And I know there’s no chance in hell of me oak barreling anything… Much less waiting 6 months! LMAO

4 Likes

Also, it’s worth mentioning that I didn’t read your notes or look at the recipe super close before trying it out!

So two things. My taster is still good! :laughing: And your target was squarely achieved IMO! :+1:

Bravo again David!
(I wish we had “half-stars”, because IMO it’s a SOLID 4.5!)

5 Likes

Yes I noticed that, I am thinking the alcohol content is residual within the oak barrel and that causes the loss of some viscosity. It was mixed as the recipe states and that is the only thing I can figure. I sent this out there for a few to try that might be interested in the process and maybe help them decide if its a road they would want to travel, it has so many possibilities. And thank you for the compliments.

2 Likes

Most definitely agree!!
Had I the space, and will power… I’d be lining up ideas for experimentation with this! As it stands, I’ll be relegated to mere “excited cheering” from the sidelines!

2 Likes

So I finally got around to cleaning the coil and re-wicking my Mage GTA so I could try your mix out unbiased by anything and it is excellent! Bravo on a job well done and thanks so much for letting me try it. I’m going to re-read the oak barrel aging thread and try my hand at it myself.

5 Likes