Good Deals 2017!

My lightning vapes spools fit on the Daedalus all of them except the 40 awg which I drilled out with a 12mm drill and the balance in the world was restored :grinning:

7 Likes

IPV D3 $20.00!!! WHAT???

https://www.ecig.com/pioneer-ipvd3s-mod.html

7 Likes

Does the IPV D3S at least have a TCR function? I know it doesn’t have a SS TC setting. I want that blue but not if it doesn’t have at least an adjustable TCR.

yes it has TC. The cool thing about the yihi chip is that you can use temp control on ANY metal. SS and Kanthal. just put it on ti setting and you can use it on any metal.

I have never heard about using the Ti setting to TC SS and Kanthal, I guess you just play with the temp until you find what works for you. Is it then you can do that with any mod in the Ti setting?

Will have to give that a shot with my IPV5

Also on sale at ecig.com are LG HG2 batteries for $8.00 a pair. You can use the coupon code “VJC” for an additional 5% off.
https://www.ecig.com/lg-hg2-18650-20a-3000mah.html?___SID=U

2 Likes

no you can’t do that on any mod. But it will work on your ipv5 for sure. I love the yihi chip and therefore love pioneer4you devices. In my opinion it is better than the dna chip.

1 Like

I put my TFV8 on the IPV5 with the T10 kanthal coil and it is working, should have emptied it out a little to get to the dry coil faster but I will vape it till it is dry. How do you set the temp for a Kanthal coil? The same as you normally would?

I gotta call BS on TC for kanthal when using my IPV5 in Ti TC control, took it all the way down to the lowest temp and was not cutting off.

1 Like

what do you mean?

He @mjag was expecting it to pulse on and off to regulate the temperature, it’s how TC is expected to work. By setting it low it should be more obvious. I admit I was dubious about it. It may fire but whether it is regulating is the question.

Nearly all mods I know of except 1 use the fact that with heating of particular wires the resistance changes. It measures these changes and calculates the temp accordingly, then modulates on and off to maintain that temperature.

What makes Kanthal such a good wire for vaping and why it was/is the wire of choice was its change in resistance is negligible. The technology required to measure the change at this tiny movements would make the cost of the chip and board super pricey. There is 1 chip n the market that advertises it can TC kanthal that uses a different methodologies. Something called ept I don’t understand it.

Just seemed odd they don’t advertise they can TC kanthal, it would be an awesome selling point. My main reason For doubting.

Open to evidence otherwise.

2 Likes

@Volition explained it well.

The vape was fine running the kanthal coil in the Ti TC setting but when the juice ran out I started to get dry hits, if I would have went further I am sure I would have burnt my cotton. I had the temp as low as it would go, I believe that was 212 F.

TC = Temperature Control which means the device measures the coils to provide a consistent temperature throughout the draw. It can also prevent dry hits if set up correctly and with the proper coil material. The IPV5 works well in TC for Ni and Ti as well as various SS wire with the TCR function. Does not TC Kanthal though, no mod actually does TC for kanthal besides the Hohmtech mods like the Slice and Wrecker G2.

Like @Volition said the FSK chips use a EPT system to measure coils, I am not sure exactly how it works either. The Hohmtech mods have standard TC modes for Ni, Ti and SS but add Kanthal, Nichrome, Tungsten and a any wire mode called xXx. The later modes work by the user adjusting the FSK % until they get the vape they want. It is not DNA accurate but then again a DNA can’t TC Kanthal, Nichrome or Tungsten.

1 Like

@mjag @Volition Oh I see what your talking about. I dislike temp control for the very reason it seems yall like it. That is why i like the ipv5 and the 4s I can use tc without always getting dry coil messages and not being able to get the vape i want. The very reason I dislike the dna chip. I only meant that you can fire the coil with kanthal in tc mode, which you can’t do with other devices. At least that is what i have noticed.

4 Likes

Fasttech 20% off sale! Just remember that anything you order during the sale won’t ship out until after 2/3/17 due to the Chinese New Year!

New Year Sale
Promotion Date: January 25, 2017 to February 3, 2017 (US central time)
Code: REDPACKET
Discount: 20% off (1/25-1/27), 10% off (1/28-2/3)

3 Likes

Is there a code? When I click the link I just get a coming soon box?

1 Like

So their shipping is going to be faster than usual then…?? …awesome 🖒

4 Likes

That’s weird that they took down the sales banner. Dug through another FT thread and grabbed this info from it.

New Year Sale
Promotion Date: January 25, 2017 to February 3, 2017 (US central time)
Code: REDPACKET
Discount: 20% off (1/25-1/27), 10% off (1/28-2/3)

3 Likes

Ohhhhh. According to that it doesn’t start until the 25th. Maybe that is why? Still a couple days to go.

Plenty of time to fill up your cart :smiley:

1 Like

$13.49 with code vc10