Good Refillable Pod Systems

Howdy Mixers, awhile back we started using Sourin Pods to test some of our Nicsalt recipes. They are pretty good, but we wondering wondering what refillable pod systems seem to work for you currently? and is there any differences in flavor between the systems worth mentioning?

5 Likes

Smok Novo yes I said amok lol the surion vagon isnt bad either

4 Likes

How many flaves are you guys using ???

4 Likes

in our nicsalt recipes? We started with 2-3 per recommendation, then we tested our one shots to see how they translateā€¦ we realized that it isnā€™t much different than mixing for the likes of a 510 setup (at least to us.) the difference we noticed most was maintaining a different PG/VG ratio. Still we are fairly new and any insights are greatly appreciated :slight_smile: So the Vagon and the Novo you say?

7 Likes

Ya I donā€™t do pods but my mom and gf do , Iā€™ve noticed the cream / mouthfeel donā€™t translate like a sub ohm set up so Iā€™ve been using combinations without creams like Honeydew , Blueberry, Strawberry milkshake ā€¦ I also have used FLV sweetness in all of my pod recipes ā€¦ But itā€™s new to me as well

Note : I do use those two systems to test though , I hate using that amount of nicotine salts without test in recipe first ( 25mg) in a 30ml bottle is like 7.5ml

1 Like

Flavor-wise, itā€™s mostly a battle between a deviceā€™s airflow and power. To compare the spectrum of pod systems (and what flavor theyā€™ll all give you) youā€™ll want to test a tiny low powered low airflow device next to a larger powered high airflow one (both pod systems).

Coils donā€™t make too much of a difference with pods. SS or ceramic, most devices are under 10W, soā€¦ (imo) Not going to get much of a flavor difference there.

4 Likes

I was positively impressed with the Joyetech Teros. It takes liquids up to 70/30 and has better flavor than I expected, also way more cloud production than I bargained for. Since I got it for stealth vaping, it seriously failed at that.

5 Likes

I know @CosmicTruth is always reviewing different pods, hell he even arrived in one, hopefully he is feeling better and up for feedback.

11 Likes

Ooo Good to know!

2 Likes

I donā€™t use pods but as mentioned above small tighter mtl setups that do a pretty good job in mimicking pods.

For example the joytech ego aio, with airflow nearly fully closed, same as a pod.

Anyways, pods/sticks canā€™t do very complex recipes, but you also donā€™t need to limit yourself to 1 or 2 flavors.

Depending on brand youā€™re using in your recipes, you donā€™t necessarily need to increase flavor. In most cases you do, especially if using high nic salts.

What Iā€™m trying to say/explain is, most of the times you just getting high and medium notes/nuances from these devices not so much the bottom/background notes and body unless itā€™s simple/linear if that makes sense.

Example you can taste creams, marshmallow, tobacco and such if they are in the background, but you wonā€™t get the body weight of the concentrates. Reason custard either doesnā€™t fully work in pods, or feel like milk maybe watered down pudding if youā€™re lucky, or fully missing in the recipe no matter what percentage.

I mostly make a recipe and vape it in my rta, then rda too figure out the taste and full profile. After that I throw it in my aio too see how much it differs and what I need to change. Thatā€™s a good way of trying to make a recipe that works in either or ā€œallā€ systems.

I hope it helps, if not just ignore lol. Difficult to explain for me today :frowning:

6 Likes

Not at all @eStorm! makes perfect sense, we are operating under the same rules of thumb! and we agree about Custards and cream notes (although a good steep does seem to help a little.)
Our issue with the Sourin pod is not so much the flavor as the lifespan of the pods themselvesā€¦ I dont know if we are being to0 hard on them, but they seem to putter out after a couple of months :frowning: (Sourin Drop)
(we switch cartridges every recipe but the pods seem to not hold a charge?)

5 Likes

Scroll down to the Diamond VPC kit. It offers a wide variety of pods that can be used in one system.

6 Likes

There are two very popular pods in my neck of the woods, and I had the chance to try them, and was really surprised at the flavor.

First is the Minifit by Justfog, and the second is Zeltu X by Zeltu

Iā€™m not a big mtl fan, and definitely a pod fan, but these two had very decent flavor when I tried them. The juice in there was 50/50 VG/PG by one of our local Israeli mixers

5 Likes

Awesome Thanks @TheTinMan !

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been using the Minifit for the last 4 months and itā€™s a great little refillable pod system. Whatā€™s also nice about it is that the pods can easily be rebuilt which can save some expense on new pods.

4 Likes

Slow reply but my favorite Pod is Joyetech RunAbout. Great flavor & MTL draw, but hard to refill without a syringe.
Right now Iā€™m getting more into RDAā€™s so my salt & pods are less likely to be used.
Sorry for the slow reply, just recovering from my pneumonia :mask:

3 Likes

Tried a vladdin the other day , it has a nice draw , super small and light

2 Likes

This one?

2 Likes

i second that, you can refill and rebuild
open the third holeā€¦
no leaking, perfect for OTG
last flight delayed it saved my ass @Airport

look for a good offer, got mine for 7bucks :smiley:

edit forgot to say Taste is amazing
battery lasts 1 and 1/2 tanks app. 3+ml
and its so small, take care not to loose it

3 Likes

Yes thats the one , a friend of mine has a bunch bc his nephew works for the parent company or something like that .

1 Like