Grapefruit

I’m looking to make a white grapefruit juice mix. All I have now is FA grapefruit and it’s really lacking. I’ve tried mixing it with lemon, FA Sicilian mix (citrus mix), TPA sour, as a standalone, nothing tastes right. Anyone have any suggestions for other flavor companies that make a nice bright, not sweet grapefruit flavor?

2 Likes

I can not say that I am an expert but I use Inawera and it tastes just like grapefruit. hope that helps.

1 Like

Hmmmm. Did you try just orange FA or bergamot FA?

@VapeyMama this definitely calls for 1% Vodka :smile: Layering your GF (INW?) sounds legit but it may be dry …maybe some Cactus (INW) @ 0.5%

…and dipping your driptip in some Kosher salt (ok just a little saline)

1 Like

i am personally enjoying using saline at the moment. Do you know alot about it?

In addition to the fa grapefruit? No, I haven’t tried either of those. How sweet are they?

Orange is just orange…but not sweet imo. Bergamot FA would be more tart.

1 Like

I might have to pick up some bergamot, the tart is what I’m really looking for. I’ve also been mixing max vg, I think that might be making it too sweet.

So vodka and saline? How much saline is a good starting point? I haven’t ever tried mixing with it.

Also, have you used inawera grapefruit? Or inawera white grapefruit? I was reading the notes on both and it seems they’re maybe to much on the sweet side…

I noticed that medicine flower has a new grapefruit flavor, I wonder if that might be a good one…? :thinking:

Not exactly sure the taste you’re after, but I made this recipe with FA Grapefruit and find it to be a wonderful vape. Also made the same recipe subbing Cantaloupe and Grapefruit both with MF and dropping to 1% and 0.5% respectively. Turned out awesome. Grapefruit in both are spot on IMO. Also wonder if that tartness shines more when accompanied by flavors that are not tart. :thinking: If you give this a try I’d love to hear your thoughts.

GF Yourself (SthrnMixer Original)

Ingredient %
Cantaloupe (Flavorah) 2
Catalan Cream (FA) 2
Grapefruit (FA) 3
Meringue (FA) 1

Flavor total: 8%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
2 Likes

You’re gonna need a little sweet to balance any sour/tart, if that happens this sounds like a good time for Pyure. Where’s @Maureeenie when you need her? (Saline and vodka?) With Max VG you could try 1% saline and 1% vodka (kinda stuck braintasting a frosty Salty Dog). Maybe start with a 30ml and break that down into 3 10ml testers

2 Likes

I’m after plain unsweetened white grapefruit juice.

Tart, slightly bitter, hardly sweet.

While that recipe isn’t what I’m going for, it does sound really good! I only have cap cantaloupe, do you think I could sub that (% ideas?)?

1 Like

Read your label for sugar% (17 grams of sugar in 8oz)
http://www.oceanspray.com/Products/Juices/By-Flavor/Grapefruit/100-Grapefruit-Juice.aspx#nutritionalInfo

…just sayin it might need a tad :wink: …now I need some GF Juice!

2 Likes

No but I’m about to dive in. 0.9% Saline on todays mix list

True, I just don’t want more sweet than tart.

Name suggestion for this project… “Self Portrait” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

:joy: perfect. Name is set!

1 Like

It’s impossible to answer this question without sounding like a smartass. I threw my CAP Cantaloup in the bin…it’s horrid IMO. So I wouldn’t recommend it as a sub. Sorry :frowning:

Lol no worries! Just an excuse to but more flavors. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like