Great Flavor RDTA or RTA?

Definitely have to agree with “I’d strongly advise against the Theorem.”

I’ve found one instance where it’s actually very good, and that’s using SS (notch or otherwise) atop a DNA200 chipped unit in TC mode.

In wattage mode it’s too slow to ramp up using a Kanthal clapton, and worse, there’s still the shitty quality of glass to contend with. My experience is like many others: broke the first glass within 2 weeks of owning it, and treated it with kid gloves during the disassembly… only to have it still end up broken.

Even being as great on flavor as it is with SS on the VT133 in TC mode, I’d not buy another one due to the glass.

I can’t recommend the Cleito highly enough though especially when used with their RTA deck (with or without the fat boy tank).

2 Likes

Yes, I have thought of an RDA, but I like the ease of a tank. I have a troll RDA and do love the flavor on it. I only use it for testing though. My hubby has been making the coils for me and I just clean and rewick as needed. But, if I’m going to go with an rdta, I want to learn to build myself so I don’t have to rely on him if he’s at work. My problem is I’ve had carpal tunnel surgery twice in both hands and still disabled, didn’t fix it all the way. So I tend to have the dropsies with fine motor skills.

However, we have loads of wire and all the tools necessary, so I can mess with it. If worse comes to worst, once I find a coil type that I like for clouds and flavor, then the hubby can just make some up for me, and I can just change them and rewick. Might take me a while with those little screws, but won’t know until I try.

I am leaning heavily towards the Aromamizer Supreme. Simply because I love the flavor on his V1, and I like top fill. Second choice is the V2 as everyone says it has less pieces to mess with, but it still is bottom fill. I researched all those suggested by everyone on this thread and watched some videos on youtube after everyone gave me their recommendations. And the Aromamizer seems to win hands down for flavor and ease of building and wicking.

Unless something magical is released before the FDA deadline of course. But I highly doubt that, and even then it’s mostly stuff that is rushed through production to beat the deadline. Do the manufacturers not realize if they concentrate on 1 or 2 quality pieces they will make much more over the next 2 years than if they just keep kicking out quantity crap that is low quality and not working properly? They will make money for the first month or so, but when reviews hit and the market stabilizes after deadline, they will have a lot of product just sitting. Just my opinion, I know we all have our own :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hard to go wrong with the Limitless Plus, I like it better than the Avocado 24 and Theorem so far.

As far as RTA’s I have most of them, Boreas, Aromamizer Supreme, Herakles RTA, Billow V3, Conqueror, Alleria, Merlin and a few others I have not used yet, yeah, I am a FDA prepper…lol. The Mage is one I haven’t mentioned yet but it is one of my favorites for flavor, easier to build than the Moonshot which is similar. The Conqueror is another of my favorites, I think a really underrated tank which is easy to build with it’s postless deck.

I have to bring up the Cleito though, it gives you the option to use the prebuilt coils which are excellent in either the .40 ohm clapton or SS coils but the optional RBA is excellent, one of the best add on RBA’s for a tank that was designed to be be used with pre built coils.It is a more pricey way to go though, have to buy the Cleito, the RBA, then the fat glass if you want to hold more than 2ml of juice with the standard glass.

I also have the TFV8 which comes with a RBA in the kit. I have heard some having defective RBA’s though, I have not experienced that but it should be mentioned.

Hmmmm, of the ones I think would be good for you is 1: The Cleito but you have to factor in the added expense as it doesn’t come in a kit. 2: the Conqueror which can be had for about $15 + shipping and is a solid tank with great flavor. 3: The Mage which might have the best flavor but is a little more tricky than the other 2 to build and can be a little hotter than the other 2. 4: the Limitless Plus but really it could be #1 but I tend to run it at a lower ohm with high power, I know you like lower ohms with less power so can’t say how it performs at those levels.

I really like the Boreas and Aromamizer Supreme but I tend to run those at low ohms, about 0.20 or less so at higher ohms I cannot comment. I do think for flavor the other’s I mentioned above have a slight edge but these 2 are no slouches.

I hope I helped.

5 Likes

Yes you helped, thank you very much. Another user mentioned the Cleito to me on an older post from back in January. Actually a couple did. I didn’t realize it had an rba for it. I never was very interested in it because I consider it so ugly. But it was mentioned for fantastic flavor on the other thread, and now an rba. Might have to take another look at it. I’m trying to start thinking long term as well with the unknown future.

I hate the Smok tf tanks. Bought a tfv4 mini and only used it for a couple months, 10 coils worth. Sucker wouldn’t stop leaking, no matter what tricks I tried. Other than buying the supposed orings people found that helped some, wasn’t wasting any more time or money… Still have it sitting here, but left a very bad taste in my mouth, figuratively. I guess I’m leaving it sit around because in an ER I can use the rba for it and deal with leaking? No, not really I guess or it will waste a lot of juice. Maybe cause it’s like throwing $30 away and I can’t stand that? I’m such a tightwad. Every purchase is well thought out and planned to take advantage of every penny of a small vape budget. Still so much cheaper than my old 2 pack a day habit…maybe I just need to up my vape budget :wink: Any excuse will work.

It’s getting late and I’m tired, sorry for the rambling.

Thank you very much for the input :slight_smile: I have to admit I’m surprised the Aromamizer wasn’t part of your top 4.

2 Likes

I have the:

OBS Crius
Goblin mini v2
Billow v3
Billow v3 Plus
Aromamizer Supreme.

Aromamizer wins for me, easy to build, awesome flavor, never leaks. They just released the Lite version, might be even better flavor since it is overall smaller. Maybe look into that one as well.

3 Likes

I left the Aromamizer out of the top 4 because I have only had it about a week so too new to really say. Also my first build I had my coils situated to be right in the middle of the airflow and wicked it just like my Boreas but I was getting gurgling. I then removed the wick, lifted the coils so that the top of the coil was even with the velocity posts and re-wicked and it is working fine. I have the 4ml version of the Aromamizer Supreme, usually smaller tanks equal better flavor for me. I would actually put the Boreas over the Aromamizer, I feel the Boreas has smoother airflow and the flavor is really good, one of my favorite tanks. Not to put down the Aromamizer, the build quality is excellent and maybe I should have gotten the 7ml version instead of the 4ml.

As far as the ones I recommended this was based on what I felt you might like based on your first post. I also picked the ones that were not so tough to coil and wick.

My personal top RTA’s are the Limitless Plus, Mage, Conqueror, and Boreas in that order. They all have different strengths though and the Limitless Plus and Mage I haven’t had as long but have wowed me so far. The Limitless Plus is the easiest to build on and wick followed by a tie with the Conqueror and Boreas. The Mage is a little tricky to coil and wick compared to the other 3, I got it on the first shot though and the flavor might be the best but it’s close. The Aromamizer might be tops for others compared to the 4 I mentioned but I had to redo my coil and wick set-up 3 times and still the airflow is not as smooth as I would like. That might be a problem with the 4ml version compared to the 7ml though but at this point I am not willing to buy the 7ml to find out.

I got my Conqueror for $12 in a 4th of July sale and it is the best $12 I have ever spent, really surprised how much I like that tank. I know a lot of places have them on closeout in the $15 range, great deal for that tank and I am thinking about picking it up in black to go with my SS version.

4 Likes

my top favorite for flavor
RTA: dual: Griffin 25 and Crius (have 2 x V3) - Crius is my take-out or travel tank as it’s the smallest
Single: TFv4 mini with single coil RBA deck - amazing flavor still, can do MTL. runs single clapton.

RDTA: TF-RDTA and Supreme (both equal for flavor for me. the TF has a tad better wicking)

RDTAs - these i bought but never managed to like, no matter how much i tried
UD Bellus (always wet :slight_smile: )
Aromamizer v1 (easy to build, was a good concept, but just can’t get decent flavor, the pull gives this “too deep” feel to me - i think the Supreme fixed all issues)

i have some others i liked but not top favs

note: flavor is a mix of many variables: tank is one of them, there’s also the wire type, coil ID and # wraps, wicking style and airflow inside once you install coils, temp, …etc etc. you can have the best tank and still not get good flavor if you miss one of the other variables. but that’s a big part of the fun in vaping :slight_smile:

good luck,
TVS

2 Likes

What kind of build do you put on the Aromamizer V2?.. I Just got one…

I use fused claptons in 2 of mine and 22g ti in the other 2. Ss fused 2x26g with a 38g wrap i think it’s 7 wraps dual and ohm’s out at 0.10, or kanthal, same specs, and that ohm’s out at 0.22 2.5ID.
22g ti is 2.5ID 5/6 wraps and that ohm’s out at 0.08.

1 Like

I’d get both…I have an Ijoy Tornado Nano and the Tsunami 24 RDA…only moved on to these from Sub ohm tanks recently and the flavour from both is so much better than the tanks I had before…there’s a whole new vaping experience coming your way…enjoy!!

1 Like

7 or 8 wrap
Dual coil
3mm ID
26AWG - SS 316L
Spaced, single wire
Running in power mode at 50-60W

1 Like

Saw a video of this guy who recommends vertical coil builds for flavor, specifically in the Aromamizer…Do any of you all used vertical builds OR are you primarily running horizontals?

1 Like

I tried vertical coils at first, based on all the wicking videos I’d watched for the Aromamizer but it seemed cumbersome to me. So I tried a horizontal setup, just like I was building an RDA, and it works a helluva lot better for me.

2 Likes

+1 for the Goblin mini, and the full size Goblin for that matter. Goblin Mini V2 is in my list. My only complaint with the mini is the little Pyrex tube mouthpiece and crappy 510 adapter.
My go-to tank is the Griffin 22. Easy to build and wick.
Next up would be the Moonshot, but the chimney threads got wonky on mine. Had good luck with the Avocado-at first. Put a single Clapton in it and it was great, went down hill when I took that build out, not sure why. Gemini Mega is nice and roomy to build on, almost identical to the Griffin, but I find the airflow to be much too “swooshy”. The Tornado Nano looks very interesting; OhmBoy Josh has a good review on YouTube and I like that you can re wick the pre-made coils. I’ll stop rambling now :laughing:

3 Likes

I did the verticals coils for a bit. But oddly I got better flavor in my 25mm supreme building horizontal.

Plus I like having the left and right wicks. Feeding the left and right of my coil.

How do you run your fused claptons at 0.1ohm. Tc or powermode?

1 Like

I can use both. At the moment I’m in power mode at 95w and getting a nice warm vape.
In tc i just set the temp and away you go. That’s with a dna mod.

I’m so in love with this Augvape Merlin, Boreas, and Alleria in that order. The Merlin is my very favorite due to it only being pretty much a single coil build. They are super easy to build on and wick. Does anyone have any experience with the Mage? I’m about to put an order into eciggity and was wondering if I should pick that up or the Ultimo Tank.

1 Like

Tornado Nano is fantastic I’m my opinion, great flavour , clouds, deck…very compact but holds 4mls of juice

1 Like

The Mage is one of my favorite flavor tanks. Just make sure and read the manual first when you go to build, there are notches that need to be lined up before you screw down the cover over the deck. I found out the hard way when I was about to toss it across the room before I decided to look at the manual…lol

1 Like