Great Lakes flavours

I just got blackcurrant from Great Lakes flavours. I was wondering if anyone else uses any Great Lakes flavours?

1 Like

I was checking out their site. Wondering if they’re a regular vendor or not because the smallest bottle of flavoring was like 500ml. Which tells me they cater to a larger operation than the casual DIY’er. Haven’t tried anything from them for that reason.

2 Likes

I got a 30ml of the black currant for under 6$. From canvape.com. I believe that glf is a Canadian company.

1 Like

I guess I should of went to check out there web site first lol. I seems they are located not to far of a drive from my parents. I’m guessing they are catering to vape shops to buy bulk and repackage. When I googled them several Canadian and American shops seem to carry them. I don’t think you have to order from them directly. I made up a quick 10ml at about 3% (used about 11 drops) and it’s not bad.

2 Likes

I’m hoping more will share there ideas about Great Lakes flavours!

I just ordered some 5ml bottles to test a blueberries and cream recipe, what percentages do you use these? Fusion Flavors suggests 1-10% for each. Here’s a list of what I ordered.
Blueberry
Bavarian cream
Sugar cookie
Ultra sweet

2 Likes

It’s true 1-10 percent. I’m still testing the flavours I’ve got but it seems that you need closer to 10 for single flavours.

2 Likes

I’m just testing the sugar cookie. Mixed up 8%the other day. 6% has flavour but still testing.
I wouldn’t go by the 1-10% for the ultra sweet. Lol

2 Likes

LOL yeah. How does it compare with CAP SS? Fusion Flavours list this info
"Ingredients: Water, Sucralose,CitricAcid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Citrate.

Suggested usage: 1-10%"

What about this?
Blueberry %10
Bavarian cream 5%
Sugar cookie 5%
Ultra sweet 1%

I have black currant, wild watermelon, vanilla custard r1, and sugar cookie. Not sure about any other of there flavours. Sorry

2 Likes

@802Snowyowl your recipe looks ok! Give it a try and let us know. I kinda like the black currant but have yet to find my sweet spot.

1 Like

So I’ve tried a bunch of these in head to head single testing and am pleasantly surprised. They seem to be imitating the most popular consentrates and improving on them. *Juicy Lemon GLF (4%) is a must have if you like lemon. I tested in against FA, FE, JF, LA, FLV and this is easily the best and most flavourful after 8 day steep. Most similar to FA Lemon Sicily bright and zesty but much more flavourful. Some people like FE best but i only taste lemon peel with that one even at 0.5%.
Their Raspberry (2.5%) seems fairly similar to INW Malina but at a higher percentage. Some people swear INW Malina is the best, to me it’s medicinal even at 0.5%.
Their Strawberry (5%) and Blueberry (5%) are very good but i haven’t single tested them against others yet (blueberries steeping now).
I did 3% Bavarian Cream, 2% Vanilla Swirl, GLF vs TPA and liked GLF slightly more.
The Ultra Sweet is identical to CAP Super Sweet but just a touch sweeter like 10.50% vs 10% sucralose.
Cheesecake and Cheesecake Crust are good with the later seeming like a moist Graham Cracker Crust.
Sugar Cookie is good with a crispness to it which didn’t really work as a cream at 2% but would be awesome in a cookie recipe.
On diyordie Noted Ep. 32 - Milk at 1:19:20 Emily says GLF Creamy Milk tastes almost identical to OOO Cream (Milky Undertone) which they ranked as a close second best. It’s a shame they haven’t reviewed more of these GLF consentrates as I think they’re missing out.
Sweet Mango (5%) tastes like the CAP version but twice the flavour and half as musty.
Wasn’t that impressed with the Wild Watermelon (7%) which seems kinda between TPA and FLV (I prefer INW), or the Rhubarb which kinda taste like wine to me but i guess you could make strawberry wine with it :grin:. Maybe I used it to high.
Their Pomegranate seems really good as well.
I’ve ordered the rest of their line in 3ml and will run more head to head tests against the most popular alternatives.
Check out some of my public recipes using only Great Lakes Flavours for an idea of how to use these. Most are good around the 5% range.
If they came out with a Banana, Apple, Pear, Peach and a different Watermelon then I could use their consentrates almost exclusively, vape happy and save a lot of money.
Very impressed so far.

7 Likes

I have the strawberry candy. Its decent.

3 Likes

Great reviews @802Snowyowl. I use the sugar cookie, and there vanilla custard v1 quite a bit and I really enjoy there blackcurrant. I tried there wild melon also but had a hard time tasting anything from it.

3 Likes

How would you compare those to other brands?

P. S. Inawera - Peach, Watermelon, Pear, & Anton Apple are fantastic and Molinberry - Soft Banana, Shape Up Pear, & Big Watermelon are excellent as well.

1 Like