Great tank!

I’ve been vaping for about 5 years. Been making my own juice for about 2. I’m not a cloud chaser and pretty much MTL. I enjoy the flavor and the throat hit. Don’t like sub-ohm because it uses too much juice (both the liquid variety and battery) and, to me, it’s too hot. Anyway, I’ve used all kind of tanks but always went back to my aspire K1s for the best flavor and throat hit. Problem was the tanks were small and had to carry a spare around or refill often. Finally decided to get a Nautilus. They’ve been around for a long time but never tried one. Holds 5ml and gives me the same flavor and hit as my K1s. Just wanted to let others know, if they are like me and looking for a great tank, I highly recommend the Nautilus.

12 Likes

You’re right about that! The Nautilus tanks will go down in history as some of the best mtl tanks around. If you get the urge to splurge again I highly recommend getting the Nautilus 2. Biggest con is it only holds 2 mils of juice but man is it a great vape! Smooth, smooth airflow…and tight! All the BVC coils work with the entire Nautilus line, plus they’re making new coils for them, and I found out that Aspire Triton mini coils work as well. The Triton mini has a 1.8 ohm clapton coil that I haven’t tried yet but have heard it’s the best thing ever! I have a review up on this forum if you want more info on the Nautilus 2.

3 Likes

Wow, your post is really ironic to me. Had been thinking about retro vaping gear lately, even tho this stuff is only 3 or 4 years old, it is pretty old in vaping terms. I just recently ordered myself a Nautilus with the coils, and have been vaping with it the last 2 days and loving it (Nautilus was one of the first devices I’d used). Took a little while to get re-used to it and mtl again…really glad I did. And it looks really nice on the regulated tube mod I’m using. I know if I took this into the local vape shop I’d get a look like I was some recluse coming down from the mountain for the first time in years…lol (if the kids working the shop even knew what it was) I like this full sized Nautilus much better than the Nautilus Mini I used to have. How very cool it is to have explored alot of vaping gear, and come full circle back to the Nautilus. It’s not going to be my only atty, but I have been using it a great deal and can see myself using it a great deal more. The savings in juice and battery life are shocking. JWP-you should start up a Nautilus Fan club on here…lol

2 Likes

Just wanted to post the original message in case there were others out there like me. I’ve been through many tanks (innokin t18 and t22, triton 2, and many others), but kept coming back to my aspire K1s for flavor and throat hit. Wanted that same thing but with a bigger fluid capacity. The Nautilus nailed it! Seems like everyone out there is going to sub-ohm and “vapor production”. I guess I’m just old school and don’t get it. I was a former smoker and started vaping to kick the habit. Stopped smoking the day I got my first cigalike. That was 5 years ago and have never smoked even a puff since that day. Unfortunately (just my opinion) the cloud chasers are giving vaping its bad image amongst non-vapers. Watching someone spew out a room full of “smoke” (to the uneducated) makes us all look bad. Anyway, I’ll get off my soapbox… To those who are MTL vapers and want a smooth, flavorful, throat hit, even at lower wattage (I usually run 10W with a 1.8 coil), the Nautilus can’t be beat.

1 Like

@Jwp
"Seems like everyone out there is going to sub-ohm and “vapor production”. I guess I’m just old school and don’t get it. I was a former smoker and started vaping to kick the habit. Stopped smoking the day I got my first cigalike. That was 5 years ago and have never smoked even a puff since that day. Unfortunately (just my opinion) the cloud chasers are giving vaping its bad image amongst non-vapers. Watching someone spew out a room full of “smoke” (to the uneducated) makes us all look bad."

I vape sub-ohm so I guess I am considered a “cloud chaser” although I vape sub-ohm and MTL, and am really not into “spewing out a room with smoke”. So I don’t think (just my opinion) that all of us sub-ohm cloud chasers are necessarily giving vaping a bad image.
I also happen to use an Aspire Atlantis 2 with a .5 ohm coil and have for quite a long time. And I still don’t think I am giving vaping a bad image

4 Likes

I blow huge plumes of vapor. It keeps me off cigarettes. If that gives you a bad image, fuck you, I’m smoke free and happy.

I do blow my large clouds respective of others in my general area. I treat it as if I was blowing actually smoke.

4 Likes

YEAH, what TinMan said :+1:

2 Likes

I didn’t mean to offend anyone by my post. Guess I should keep my personal opinions to myself.

1 Like

No one’s offended ( at least I’m not), I just disagree with your assessment of “sub-ohm cloud chasers” giving vaping a bad name.

1 Like

i would suggest you to check these

a) Kayfun lite plus (totally MTL)
b) Kangertech Protank 4 (it’s my daily vape, i own two… works great for MTL and DL) (5ml with manufactured atmoizers, 4ml with RBA)
c) if cost isn’t a matter for you i would consider to check GUS Phenomenon (it kicks azz when it comes to MTL)
d) Nautilus 2 by Aspire (2ml)
e) Nautilus X (2ml by default, with the glass kit goes up to 4ml)

2 Likes

An opinion is fine. But when you get on a soapbox then you have elevated yourself above me. You are no longing talking to me and giving your opinion, you are talking down to me. If you are going to preach then you must be prepared for questions, praise, rejection and backlash.

The last thing I want to do is give vaping a bad name or image. I want vaping to flourish and change people’s lives as it has mine. I do care about vaping and others. But my focus must be on my health and what keeps me off cigs. That focus is on big flavorful clouds. Deep, direct lung, power hits. I’m not trying to impress anyone. It is simply the style of vaping that prevents me from a long agonizing death that most smokers will succumb to.

That is just a long version of F you, get off your soapbox. Do what works for you. Live life. Let others live theirs.

3 Likes

crazy to see other vapors hating on other vapors… like (we) dont get hated on enough from others. but i guess opinions are like assholes and everyone has 1…

2 Likes

Since I am a big fan of Kayfun’s, and I see you are too… I took your suggestion and purchased a Kanger Protank4 and I’m glad I did! I got it today, wicked up the RBA and am really digging it! Thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

i hope to enjoy it m8 :slight_smile:
gl and hf :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am glad to see I am not the only die hard fan of the Nautilus line. I haven’t gotten a new one in a while but would think of getting the X. I have two mini tritions and love them as they do really well w/ the BVC coil the Clapton coil they have is a great coil but it is breezy and drinks a lot of juice when compared to the reg coil. I also love that the Kabuki RDA fits Trition and Nautilus Mini very well for those that would still like to build their own coil.

1 Like

Has anyone tried both Naut X and Naut 2? If so, how do they compare?

lets start…
Nautilus and Nautilus 2 is almost the same thing… they use exactly the same atomizers… the only difference is that 2 has a little more airflow and top filling, i don’t see any other changes in matter of flavor etc… both can use the 0,7 new atomizer :slight_smile:

Nautilus X, has more Airflow and probably a little more than nautilus 2… top airflow, also takes a kit that makes it 4ml instead of 2 that comes by default and you would probably like to check Quad Flex by Aspire that makes it an RDTA etc… while X works with different style atomizers than 2…

well… what’s best? i am sure you understand that all this is subjective… i would prefer the Nautilus X over the 2…
the reasons:

nice airflow…
QuadFlex makes it even more interesting…
the 4ml kit makes someones life easier…no need to refill too many times
the style of atomizer it gets has large poles and helps more with thicker liquids imho than naut2…
i also like the look of it more but this is also 100% subjective…

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your detailed reply, @Mohok that was very helpful :+1: Not that you made the choice any easier though - I’d like Nautilus 2 with the 4 ml opportunity and top filling lol. Not easy to please huh? Thanks again!

well… choices are never easy to deal with… even if we get the best choice for sure… we always think “what if i had chosen the other one?” lol…

just Nautilus X suits better for me… this means nothing at the same time because that’s me… not you, not someone else… even just the 4ml kit for Nautilus X is making it even more interesting…

but for being honest my daily vape is Kangertech Protank 4 (i own 2 of them) :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: i just love it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a few other attys that I have in daily rotation, but I’ve just fallen back in love with my Nautilus Mini. Which of course made me think that I should really have one of the newer ones :grin: