Griffin 25 Plus - Single Coil - Less Flavor

Good Evening everyone
I bought recently a Griffin 25 Plus but using it in single coil i cant percepite the flavor…
What’s the matter?

2 Likes

I’ve never used mine in single coil.
Maybe @Skullblade789 would know

1 Like

Maybe wicking. The problem with the Griffin is the wicking and juice need to go hand in hand. Thick juice less cotton. Thin juice more cotton. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

I try yet with less cotton but there’s the leaking problem…insted of with the same cotton there isn’t flavor and the coil burn cotton

I don’t really konw how to do, i’m getting crazy

1 Like

How’s the flavor with two coils? @mrneph2

1 Like

I think it’s pretty good for a tank. Others, ahem, may disagree. And it’s a consistent performer once you get used to wicking it :+1: If you’re going to install and wick one coil, you may as well do both right? lol
Lots of youtube tutorials for wicking it. I didn’t get it right the first few tries.

4 Likes

Oh yea, are you using the top airflow, or the other cap?

1 Like

I’m not a big fan of the Griffin. Especially with the top airflow cap. With that said, you should be getting some flavor.

1 Like

I experimented with a single coil build on my 25 plus and got the same results as you did. I think the reason is because the area above the coil is so big it dilutes the flavor. I even tried cutting my airflow down until it whistled and closing off the top airflow but it still wasn’t nearly as flavorful as my K5 or Merlin with single coils are. The Griffin is built for big airflow and dual coils with lots of surface area IMHO.

2 Likes

I tryed also with 2 coil but the flavor was the same
I don’t know what to do anymore…

What build did you put in it?.

1 Like

Kilo Black series - Honey cream

The set up is: kanthal a1 24 ga 7 spires rolled in 2.5
The cotton is the cotton bacon v2

I has try also 6 spires rolled in 3 with the native Wick platinum bland

Give me some tips please

I would say bigger coils. There’a a lot of space in that chamber that needs filled up. I use either 8 wrap 24/36 claptons or 5 wrap fused claptons.
I definitely wouldn’t go smaller than a 3mm inner diameter either and a single coil is a waste of time. In my opinion I think if you want a single coil, buy a single coil atty, not a dual that uses a plug.

1 Like

With the kanthal a1 26 Ga what do you suggest? @DrChud

1 Like

I’m not a builder but if that’s all you have to work with maybe you could try twisting some.

1 Like

The real problem is that the falvor is the same with single pr doble coil

Personally I think the coils you’re using are too small

1 Like

If you are new to making coils, or don’t have the time. Take a look at these on amazon. For the price it’s a pretty good deal. They are cheaper on eBay.

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/8-Different-Coils-Total-48PCS/dp/B06XH6LMK9/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494001487&sr=8-1&keywords=pre+wrapped+coils

1 Like

Single wire coil isn’t going to cut it with the Griffin

I’m running 2.5, 7 wraps dual coil and it’s not too bad. Still not as flavorful as the Merlin though. This is the type of coil I’m using in my Griffin

2 Likes