Griffin leaking problems

Here is the setup I have been using for the past week… duel coil claptons…

4 Likes

That explains it pretty well. A picture is worth…

@CallMeTut, I am glad you didn’t show me those pics until after this last attempt. I have about 3 times more cotton in mine now than your pics shows. I first built mine using a 3mm Ti with a little more cotton than you show. For the life of me I don’t know how you got away with that little bit of cotton.

I believe I watched GrimmGreen on youtube here at about 8 minutes in showing how he was wickin and using the wick ring as a guide.

I’m using 3.5id coils in mine, fused claptons.

Something else I have noticed is that when the cotton swells and touches the air channels, it likes to dispense fluid there.

Yeah, keep the wick as far away from the air channels as you can. i have a lot of problem tanks people seem to have problems wicking. The biggest problem child was the Advken Ohmega. But I was able to tame that one with how I have been wicking lately.

1 Like

I think I saw that mentioned in one of the videos that I watched on this tank. Can’t remember which one. At this point I am really done with this. It now sits in the junk drawer with all those crappy aspire products that I bought a year or two ago.

Are you in the US? If so, do you want to sell it?

Hi Moresalt, I sent you a message, please excuse the grammar, it’s hard to write and watch the word count.:smiley: Please do let me know?

Messed up my post, I sent before I had finished. Tuts pics above show that as long as the channels holes have full coverage and finish just below the ring this works very well, I agree the small amount going through the coil is a marvelous feat but still.

Yes, I’m in the US? I also don’t feel comfortable selling this. I guess that I’m hoping fasttech or somebody will release a replacement deck sometime in the future.

I have changed out the wicking a couple time (no leaking problems, just checking things out with the tank). The last two times I’ve used more cotton than the pictures I had uploaded displayed. As long as I’ve closed off the juice control (even if I leave the air control open) I have not had any issues with leaking. I did order (pre-order) 2 of the Griffin 25’s from @Heaven_Gifts since it does seem that the giveaway came through as promised in a respectable time given the issues that could of happened to anyone. I wish I could have used the app to of purchased them so as to of gotten a bit better deal, but “oh, well”.

1 Like

And that’s all it takes. Had some leaking issues before I tried this and now problem is solved, no leaking whatsoever :grinning:

It’s always nice to start the week with a little good news :grinning: I am pleased it helped you, Josephine.

1 Like

I might just start looking at this again. Kidneyvapes has just released a bunch of spare part for the griffin. A repair kit, a top cap, a build deck (kindof spendy), and a top airflow set (not sure if this works on the standard griffin though). I am going to start by ordering the repair kit and a new deck.

That’s kindey puncher…opps

1 Like

I think you got a bum top cap. I have 2 griffins and I wick 2.5 id claptons very similar to tuts pictures. I use very little wick. And I actually make a small gap between the posts and the wick to help prevent dry hits while chain vaping. The only time I had leaking was when the wick was touching the air hole.

1 Like

I just wanted to check in and see if anyone else has been experiencing leaking from between the base and the bottom part of the glass tank?It is definitely leaking on mine where the two meet but only when I fill it with juice. After it has been filled and I wipe the juice away it doesnt continue to leak. Really strange and I cannot figure it out. Is there supposed to be an o-ring there? Any help would be greatly appreciated

there is an o-ring on the top and bottom. However, you will prob notice the glass tank never sits flush so you may be getting leaking from there. I try to sit it as straight as possible.

3 Likes

I have noticed that it does not sit flush. I am always trying to keep it straight when screwing everything back together but it never goes on right…at least for me lol. Thanks for your input!

1 Like