Guitar Players - Need to Learn Some New Practice Routines

Forgot to reply to you yesterday. Sorry.

I love fingerstyle. I am much better that way than I am with a pick. At least, that is what it sounded like she said :stuck_out_tongue:
But it’s funny because when I played around with guitars when I was young it was the opposite. I could hit the string I was after without too much trouble. Now I hit the wrong strings, hit two at a time, or miss the guitar completely. Come to think of it I think she said that too. But classic rock and 80’s metal is what I am learning now. I can’t play that stuff with my fingers very long before my fingernails are glowing.

One very unique thing about this forum is we are from all over the world and all walks of life which you don’t see on other forums. We are also all adults. The things that make this place the best though is we are all smart enough to step away from the herd and help ourselves and each other to a better way of enjoying the hobby of vaping by taking it to the next level. Whatever you are into chances are someone else here is too lol.

3 Likes

Sweet! they played some great guitar music back then. My roots are in led zeppelin and 80’s early 90’s hard rock/metal. I’m trying to make my own music now, but some form of writers block has taken over.

1 Like

Nice you put the TAB in the video Thank You :+1:

How do you like your Carvin ? I have a SC90 and love it

I also love my Blacktop Strat

2 Likes

3 Likes

Nice Bass :+1: I also have a maple glow Rickenbacker Bass

2 Likes

I have that for 15 years and it remains the nicest guitar I own, of which there is quite a few lol. J single coil, humbucker and piezo’s at the bridge. Plus a hipshot on the low E

1 Like

Very nice. I have a Fender jazz delux V and a Musicman stingray V too

1 Like

But I would love to have a short scale Alembic Stanley Clarke :laughing:

2 Likes

That’s a gorgeous bass but I’m not a fan of slender necks. It’s the only thing I don’t like about the carvin

I need a slender neck and short scale with my hand the way it is after the surgery
I tried to talk Carvin into making a Short Scale Bass

1 Like

Maybe the next best thing to the Alembic :laughing:
A lot less $$$$

https://youtu.be/U7B-BkFKaTk

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your hand. That one looks like a quality piece of kit

1 Like

I love it, by far the best guitar I’ve ever owned.
The bad>frets are getting worn
The good>frets are getting worn, so I have to play in different keys all the time.

1 Like

This video is what sold me on the SC90 and I got one of the last ones made , they discontinued making them :smiley:

https://youtu.be/rvYeM3uZ2t0

1 Like

A friend of mine has a ibanez with a ridiculously thin neck. Sorry, don’t know what it’s called.
Did you have carpal tunnel surgery?

No I got a cyst on the back of my hand from playing so much that had to be removed :angry:

Sorry to hear that, hope you get better.

Concerning that video his arm probably won’t hurt the Finish, Carvin made it pretty durable. LOL

1 Like

LOL yeah but he did a good job on the Tone :laughing:
and all the different settings , mine is set up just like that

He did and can play well too.

1 Like