GX is getting too hot

My mod and tank get very hot when I chain vape. I’m vaping at 83-85 watts. I’m using two LG 18650 3000mah batteries. What can be causing this? Are my batteries going bad? I’ve had them for a year but the manufacturer production date is May 2016 according to batterybro.com. I have the Cloud Beast tank and V8 X4 coils. Any advice is appreciated…

2 Likes

Time for some new batteries.

2 Likes

Should I get the same batteries or are there better batteries for this mod? It uses 2-4 batteries but I mostly use it in two battery mode.

2 Likes

I usually recommend Sony Vtc 5a batteries. 2600 mah 25 amp, they are, imo, the best all around batteries. I would guess that your batteries are getting hot because they can’t hold much of a charge anymore. Once they get around a year old, especially with daily use, they are nearing the end of their life.

4 Likes

If I understand battery “info” correctly, 2600mah won’t have as much charge life but the 25 amps would be a better capacity than my LG batteries?

3 Likes

They won’t run as long but that’s still pretty long run time. Plus, if you want to run at higher watts, you’ve got the amp coverage.

2 Likes

Sounds great! Thank you very very much NChris for your help!

2 Likes

No problem.

1 Like

Just ordered 4 of the Sony VTC5A’s from IMR…

4 Likes