Hand check (what you vaping on today)

Mmmm, you know what word was on the tip of my tongue was alabaster. Not right I know. Thanks.

Been busy having fun making wires. Some poor, some average, a few good. Straight & fused Clapton I’ve got nailed. All others are in progress.

5 Likes

Dual 18650 PWM with Crown 1 and Smok Guardian 3 pipe with Aspire Triton mini and 20cm stem for MTL. The long stem looks really cool but it makes the vape really harsh.

8 Likes

When I smoked pipes one of my favorite was a Stanwell Churchwarden. Not only did I think it made me look badass (would pull it out of my Road King saddle bag and smoke it at ralleys) but it also provided some of the coolest and least harsh smoke of any pipe I had. It reasons with the longer stem, yes? But why your vape would be more harsh is curious to me. Do you have a clue why that is?

3 Likes

This is a guess. But if you think of RDA they have wide openings and I’m thinking all that hot vapor is being thrown into your mouth at say x per large volume , now the same x is being condensed into a tiny volume maybe turning up the heat/harshness into a volcanic thin stream the ratio of x to volume has been dialed up too far. That’s my hypothesis not a lengthy problem but a narrowness problem perhaps. Anyone want to add some hose to their drip tip to confirm haha. Just a guess.

1 Like

Ya i have done that but it was not a narrow hose and it was in sub zero conditions the vape was cool and not harsh.

1 Like

Oooh, science. Yummy.

Makes sense to me.

No no not narrow hose is what I meant. So it’s sounds lengthening is not the problem. Narrowing it would seem and yes the next step is a narrowing hose.

Btw vaporcube email is down supposedly and have not got in touch with them yet. Waiting for channel of communication to open up to see my resolution. Gosh I hope they get it sorted soon I. Getting impatient mind you only 1 business day so far. But that’s a long time in this day and age.

More then likely your mods will be no problem just my luck to get the dud.

That’s a bit confusing to me, too. I used to use long stems a lot because they made the vape smoother and cooler (to me). Maybe its something in the stem (some residue etc) that’s causing the harshness? They sure can be a pain to clean.

2 Likes

No idea why it is getting harsh but the longer the stem, the harsher it feels when you inhale. The shorter stem is slightly better and with just a short 510 drip tip it’s perfect. I think it must be the temperature drop but that’s just a guess. I’ll experiment with other juices, maybe I have to adapt my MTL mixes and use less PG / moreVG.

ETA
The stems and the rest of the pipe are brand new so there is no residue or dirt yet. Or do you have to clean new pipe stems before use? I never did when I used tobacco pipes (which didn’t happen a lot)

I always clean everything new that i get, that way i have ensured that i got the best experience possible when i use the stuff. I mean i have no clue where this stuff has been and what it has been exposed to so my thinking is better safe then sorry.

1 Like

I do this with all my vape gear which comes into contact with liquid and made out of metal.

The stem you are using is getting in contact with your vapor is it not?
I mean i clean new drip tips as well, no exception there. Hell i clean everything.
If i get some dodgy wire from somewhere you can be sure that i clean that one too just to get rid of any machine oil residues it might contain.
Honestly it gotta be more important to clean parts made out of plastic, delrin or whatever since these materials have more pores in itself then metal for instance and therefore can contain residues of any sort more easily.

I’ll clean it tonight but it doesn’t even taste of anything when you try it off the atty. I really have the suspicion it has something to do with the length of the stem. I have a slightly shorter one which is harsh as well but not as bad.
Oh and I’m not sure how the stem was made. If it was injection moulded then it should be clean unless it was one of the first cycles of the machine. But usually these parts are thrown away.

I’m not saying cleaning will help with the harshness but at least you know it is clean.
I find it strange that a shorter one makes it less harsh for you. Another mystery to solve.

I’m not sure but I think I’ve seen a thread about this issue before. Will have to do a search when I’m back at home and have more time…

You could try asking around over at epipeforum. They’re a lovely lot and will surely help you. :relaxed: Never heard of this issue before :thinking: assuming the stem is clean, my last guess is its the concentration and cooling of the vapour that offsets your mix. You normally test (and adjust) without a long stem, right?

Yes, I am using my “normal” MTL mix which is 60% PG and 10mg nic. I’m going to try one of my 70%VG mixes to see if that makes a difference.

my equipment

11 Likes

I admire your organisational skills.

You carry all that with you?

2 Likes

That shiny black and shiny gold go together perfectly :+1:

@Bad_Influence [quote=“Bad_Influence, post:118, topic:101110, full:true”]
Yes, I am using my “normal” MTL mix which is 60% PG and 10mg nic. I’m going to try one of my 70%VG mixes to see if that makes a difference.
[/quote]

Let us know whether that was the problem! I do know quite a few folks that use long stems and vape only 50/50 juice, 12-18mg, MTL. Maybe you’d have to adjust the overall flavour percentage - I remember some flavours get harsh when overused. After cooling down and getting condensed, that would count as an increase in concentration probably. Maybe start a new thread?:thinking:

1 Like