Hardware advice

serpent mini should fit as well as the theorim

Alien Alien Alien Alien Alien Alien Alien Alien Alien Alien Alien Alien Alien Alien Alien Alien Alien Alien

I have had one for a week and it is good

5 Likes

Iā€™m none to happy with the RBA because itā€™s hit or miss for me when building it. Thankfully it only takes a few minutes but it can make me cuss at times.

It is a bit more restrictive but it beats the alternative of $5 for a coil from the B&M. But a stock coil last me 3-4 weeks because of rotating attys.

I love the tank though. Super flavor. A bit of a guzzler on the juice but Iā€™m good with it.

1 Like

My favorite tank, too. But when i have enough old stock coils i will rebuild them. Itā€™s been discussed here before and there are a few videos on youtube on how to rebuild the stock coils. Seems to be the better way and not much harder than building the RBA.

2 Likes

Oh really? This is pertinent to my interest. Now I wish I hadnā€™t thrown away all my old coils :frowning:

https://youtu.be/4nBE9EA8yeI

10 Likes

That is amazing! Looks simple. I like it!

1 Like

Although I havenā€™t perfected my technique it is even easier on my Freeemax Starre Pure. and uses the same technique as the crown.

3 Likes

Impressed guys. What a great community you vapers are.

Ok, well the rx2/3 is just a bit big and heavy in my pocket. Iā€™m in Australia so getting all your recommendations is not happening. The store I prefer doesnā€™t have them.

Ok, so hereā€™s my current plan.
Portable setup - wismec rx75 going to use it with my aspire tanks and then pick up 2 Kanger protank-4 to do builds and can also use stock. All this can be used at home/work with my rx2/3 too.

For my dripper yes I like the look of the tsunami 24 window or not.

Wire looks like stainless is the go. Can I make Claptonā€™s and fancy coils with it too. What wire gauge sizes are a good start. I mtl during most of the day. But will have a dtl tank setup. So want to make say 1 -1.2 Ī© coils mostly and the odd sub Ī©.

Whatā€™s the best coil resistance in my dripper for flavour and testing mixes. Iā€™m happy to dtl or mtl for testing whatever is best for making up recipes.

2 Likes

Sorry for being late to the party.

Mod that is small but rugged I would choose the Cloupor Mini plus 50 W. I know you said 75, but this little single guy is very compact and rugged. I still use it today. I can put this single 18650 cell in my shirt pocket, good to go.

RDA, 2 come to mind, Wotofo Troll V2 and the Tsunami RDA. Both really good choices. Both velocity style decks both very good.

Wire, seriously up to you. I use Kanthal for ease of use and clean up. I can dry fire Kanthal all day long no issues.

So I think thatā€™s all three. I would use your Wismec at home and t h e Cloupor just for your short jaunts.

2 Likes

The window in my opinion if you drop it has a chance to crack and the becomes worthless. Just a thought.

2 Likes

lā€™m glad I am not the only person who does that

2 Likes

Alien is a winnerā€¦loving mine :grin:

Totally bookmarking this to watch later :+1:

2 Likes

I have to agree - I love my alien.
I didnt have any spare coils for the baby (waiting for vape mail) so I am currently using my tfv8 on it and loving it.

That said I also have a couple of rx2/3 and love them also.

@Volition I am in Au as well and while getting the gear is a pita long wait it is worth it with either of those 2 mods. Do not pay $75 in Au for the 2/3 or $99 for the Alien import it yourself from one of the vendors listed here. I use www.vapesourcing.com or www.elegomall.com (elegomall is faster on their shipping).

Cheers

1 Like

@Volition In figuring out what size SS wire that youā€™re going to need to hit a certain target resistance, hereā€™s the defacto standard that the majority use:

http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.asp

Basically, itā€™s going to take you a bit of testing different ideas. Different guages of wire, different number of wraps, varying your ID on coil size (depending on tank/rda/etc deck size). Once you do that, youā€™ll figure out basic ideas of whatā€™s needed, depending on the area you have to work in/on.

In the most general terms though, some of the more frequently used/preferred guages are 22, 24, 26, 28. wraps vary anywhere from 4-8 (again, on average). ID range would typically be 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5.

Clapton is definitely available for SS, and is my personally preferred option (I use 26/32 SS clapton from Lightning Vapes). Although I do have some SS dual core fused clapton 26x2/32wrapped on the way currently from Kbee wire (eBay) to try! (25ft for a friend who prefers it, and 15ft for myself to try). The reason I mention eBay in particular, is because Kbeeā€™s website site does not list non-twisted dual fused 26x2/32 for sale, whereas they do on eBay.

Also, generally speaking, only Kanthal will land you in the 1ohm plus zone when it comes to the ā€œnormalā€ number/size of wraps. So if youā€™re MTL for the majority, you definitely want to do some testing on the ā€œwire wizardā€ page first!

SS wire will typically land you in the 0.2 to 0.5ohm zone. And dual fused (2 or more core wires) will go even lower impedance (0.05-0.1). So plan on having 60-100w (or more) on hand in your mod, and that itā€™s a reliable and accurate delivery system. Especially if you decide to venture that low.

Safety is paramount, and your mod and batteries have to be able to safely support the demands that you intend to place on it!

Best of luck, and always feel free to ask if youā€™re not sure. =)

1 Like

Gettin schooled.

Ok so Iā€™m getting a Wismec RX75, I race RC cars on the weekend and itā€™ll be perfect for dropping in my pocket and running around. However, you guys have sold me on the Alien. Iā€™ll get the kit later I love the look and specs on that thing. Alien will be my travel/car mod. RX75 for bashing around & RX2/3 for home/work.

@woftam thanks, awesome to know which international retailers are the deal. Appreciated.

@sprkslfly ok so will play with wire calculator come up with theoretical builds and order from there. Nice, so SS is the way to go but will be difficult to get in the 1Ī© range. Saved me some headaches working that out.

Will update you all on my hardware experience as I accumulate my gear.

No window it is!

2 Likes

Just did not want you to waste money.

1 Like

My suggestion is on coils I watch a lot of you tube diy or die ect. Saying that they get the best flavor off single wire builds and I couldnā€™t disagree more they obviously havenā€™t n Vaped an alien at 75 watts that is my suggestion pick up some stainless Steele alien coils from advanced Vape supply.com made by ray_mo_2u Instagram handle that is who makes them and I get four months out of a set I find myself getting bored not ever having to change coils. They are great coils made nby a good guy that is from my home town and advanced Vape supply nbuys them from him and re sells them but they are just as good as squid doode coils for $12 a set that last 4+ months with the best flavor I have found in any coil and you can run it in temp control its a no brainer

1 Like