Harsh tasting DIY juice

The experts can help you more with the nic if that’s the problem. You only become an expert by having trouble and figuring it out and so far, (knock wood) I haven’t had any trouble with my nic.

1 Like

@therabidweasel its hard to explain, almost a burning and made me cough alot!!!

@TheTinMan1 yes that what i used in a 10ml…
been subohming for about 2 weeks now (started vaping on sub ohm as thats what was advised to me by the shop) not had any problems with harshness or anything with the shop bought stuff. direct lung hits.
started at 30W and was on 90w on this build with shop stuff and 140w with the octuple coil for the tfv8. again. no problems with shop stuff

this tank hammers the juice, hence why i wanted to DIY it. but onto my last tank of shop juice now so need to make something to tie me over.

2 Likes

@Mizzz_Z_Hobbit do you think i should contact the supplier? but everyone else is saying they have never had problems… wish i had been doing it for longer to know what im doing wrong :frowning:

1 Like

If it makes you cough only, store bought at the same concentration does not, and the 0mg version of the same juice doesnt (although 15% is kinda high IMHO) then your nic may be stronger than advertised. . .this is not terribly uncommon.

That said, vaping nic was uncomfortable on my lungs when I first started using it. I used it only to drag myself out of bed in the morning originally and a lot of times it would make me cough. But again, if that doesn’t happen with store bought. . .measure the nic concentration with one of the kits available from your DIY supply store. Nic is a poison, so it is important to know what you are using.

2 Likes

The only thing I can imagine is everything the other, more knowledgeable folks are asking and suggesting. When you go to create your recipe, the relevant stats show up under the recipe, like this.

So if you’re looking at the % circled in black it looks like 6.27% nic but that’s because I use 24mg/ml. Look at the amount circled in red, it’s 1.5 mg. Is it possible you misread the nic amount on that really harsh batch and it was just way too much nic?

2 Likes

For me 6mg would be too much in a subohming tank that drinks the juice down fast. I can vape 6mg in an RDA but only a few hits at a time and even then it doesn’t give me a harsh taste, just a dizzy head if I over do it.

if you mix the same mix without nic and get a nice vape but adding the nic in at a 6mg strength then it just could be the harshness of peppery tats of the nic. I think you are on the right track mixing a few sample bottles at 5ml and testing them.

Check out this thread for a few shake and vape recipes and keep the nic at the lowest percentages as possible to keep you off the cigs.

3 Likes

2 Likes

thats what i used.
i measured out the amounts in the first column (ml) so 8.3, 6.7, 7, 1.5.

2 Likes

@TheTinMan1 i dont have a very large selection of flavours. made the mistake of buying single flavours that sounded nice instead of ones that work in multiple recipes haha

1 Like

The recipe looks right. And TRW may be on to something with the nic being stronger than labeled. The store bought juice could also have less nic than advertised or a ton of sweeteners in them to take away the harshness of the nic. You got any marshmallow, EM, cotton candy flavorings that you could add with the pear drops?

2 Likes

I think most of us have been there. If you haven’t already, check out this thread too to help you nail down some flavors to consider buying first.

3 Likes

You’re way ahead of me when I first started using the recipe side. With all the wisdom floating around in here, you’ll get to the bottom of it. :+1:

1 Like

will have a read through that before buying more, thanks (wont be buying anymore for a while tho as im skint haha).

Flavours i have are.
rainbow drops
black cherry
pear candy
sweetner
apple (granny smith)

realised these flavours arent amazing for combining :frowning:

going to make a 20ml of skittles and try 1 mg nic (found recipe from my stash)
hopefully tie me over till we get to the bottom of it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to clarify…did you measure out 0.83ml or 8.3ml?

2 Likes

0.83 on a 1ml syringe sorry that was my typing errors

2 Likes

Here is another good read

The apple you have might go well with a little pear. And the sweetener at very low percentages may help the harshness.

1 Like

@MajorVapes did you shake the living bejeesus out of the Nic before using it?

3 Likes

yer. shook it for a min or so

2 Likes

Either that or the store bought juice is lower in nicotine than advertised.

2 Likes

Start with adding 4% Distilled water to save harsh stuff.