Harsh throat hit max vg

I’ve never tried nickel yet. I have some on the way. Mostly because i have 2 TC mods on the way. And one is the wismec jaybo dna200

The fence part was a joke lol. It’s 900 feet of 24g vaping kenthol

Honestly, I would not use PG based nic if I were trying to blend with max VG. Rule of thumb PG for throat hit and VG for vapor. Unfortunately I know little about the Liquid Barn and their nic but it could be the reason. Try to keep in mind that not all flavors are good for sub ohm application. Many of these recipes may have been only tested in a non subohm unit. Citrus, menthol, cinnamon, and others may be tough on a vaper when using subohm application. I agree with those who suggested you try this harsh tasting recipe without the nicotine. This will be the only true test of the PG nic…

2 Likes

Yeah to much PG will kill my throat big time. I mix 70/30 vg pg. And i use a 50/ 50 Nicotine

1 Like

The flavor that I know sub ohmers love is

.25% Lemon Siciliy FA
.75% Melon Canteloupe FA
2% Honey Peach Jungle (something)

This is one I made over a week ago, and is still harsh. Even though that Strawberry Kiwi tasted great, I suspect the nicotine is bad. Just wanted to see if anybody else had experienced this problem before. Didn’t expect so many responses so quickly.

2 Likes

Send me your address andbi will ship these to you.

Honestly if I were you I’d keep it. If you have 4 tanks or drippers, build a coil from each type of wire, and Vape the same juice, around the same wattage/joules. I did this and barely noticed a difference is why I just use kanthal. It’s cheaper, and easier to coil. SS is also really good. I just hate cooking ti01 or ni200

I will keep the open roll. And send you the rest.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say that it’s a “life changing event” at all and I never noticed the difference when everyone else said there was. For my palette at least I can very much taste the difference when I’m vaping at 70w on kanthal vs 70w on SS. I was by no means saying this was your problem, just that I now see the difference, even if it is only the slightest bit and it isn’t something that makes me run from kanthal.
Ni on the other hand I just stay away from and that is just my personal preference and there is already enough topics on why, SS and Ti are both great for TC

2 Likes

Hey no problem whatever floats your boat. That’s the great thing about options, is that everyone can find what suits their needs!

1 Like

It could always just be the TFV4 stock coils too :wink: and I meant to say it doesn’t make me run from kanthal not that it does hehe

Now you say you get this harshness to a lot of FA flavors too? Which ones if I may ask? Also is there a chance you have a sensitivity to PG? Even though it is such a low %, I know people who have this very same issue and the higher the flavoring % the stronger the throat irratation

1 Like

Eh I’ve been vaping for years, never had a problem til I started making my own. Started on 50/50, bought some max vg, and decided to make my own, since most juices are 70/30-50/50.

Here are my flavors. I am starting to think nicotine after what everyone has said. Maybe i’ll get some VG nicotine, people say vapors tek is a good nicotine company.

Yeah my wife can’t vape at all. It just chokes her up to bad.

Outside of the citrus I really do not see anything in that list that will give any issues. I say make a vg and flavoring only mix and go from there. Make the exact same juice you have issues without the nic.

As far as nic goes, yes I have heard great things about VT but they are the most expensive, if not the most expensive. Nude nicotine has some great nic too! Crystal clear and tasteless (yes they had issues years ago with their nic being higher than what it says but that has been fixed) If I have the extra $ that’s who I go with, plus I love their packaging.

Next and probably the most popular is Heartland. They have fantastic pricing but their nicotine sometimes comes to you brown/yellowish and a little stinky. That being said I have never had “bad” nic from them, even if it is yellow.

So if you are looking to buy a lot and store it for a while, I would go with NN or VT if you have the extra $. Heartland for the value but I never keep enough around to see how long the shelf life is for theirs. To each their own but those 3 are all good nic sources.

Go and compare bottle size/ nic mg between the 3 and you will be amazed the difference! If I remember correctly VT is almost double of what heartland is!?

1 Like

That’s what I started with and I still use but it can be a pain if you don’t have a good way of mixing it in your base. Extremely thick and if not mixed correctly can cause hot spots. I recently switched to 50/50 nic because it is a little easier to work with and it only adds 3% pg to my VG base @ 6mg

1 Like

Where do you buy 50/50? Every vendor has either pg or vg. Or do you buy a bottle of both? I don’t mind buying expensive nicotine, because I make juice for myself only, and probably only go through about 30-40 ml a week. With 3mg nicotine that’s like 1-2ml of nicotine a week lol. with a 100ml bottle that’s almost a years worth if not more. Originally I bought PG because I’ve heard that 100% vg won’t have any flavor at all.

I know Heartland and Nude offer it this way, not sure about VT. Normally 100% vg, 100%pg or 50/50

1 Like

Heartland 1000ml 100mg for $45 or VT for $125…did I say double? umm…almost triple!!

and $105 for Nude’s…just to put it into perspective for ya :wink:

1 Like

I think I’ll go with Nude nicotine. It seems like they take a lot of pride in their product, and it’s a bit cheaper. Do you vape max vg? I’m really leaning toward full VG nic. Keep in mind I build all of my coils, so hot spots are pretty much out of the question, and it only takes me 5 minutes to change cotton, and dry burn coils clean. I also dispense my VG with restaurant sauce bottles lol, not drippers or anything. So it’s really easy to fill bottles. Based on all of the responses it seems like I may have gotten a bad batch, and being PG just made it worse. Or (and this is what I’m really thinking) the batch they gave me is way more concentrated than it says it is. So when I add 1ML to make it 3%, maybe I’m making it 12%. If you vape at .3-.5 ohms like I do, you know that 12% is like knives on your throat.

1 Like

Yeah that could be. I would try a different drand for shure. And do either 50 50 or 100%vg. And in my drip juice i only use 1% nic. And 3% i my tank juice.

1 Like