Harsh throat hit max vg

So here is what’s going on. I am used to vaping commercial juices at 3-4 mg nicotine. So I bought the regular nicotine from Liquid Barn. 48mg (100% PG base). I also bought Essential Depot VG and PG from amazon.
I mixed way too many recipes. All with 3mg nicotine. Some of the recipes I made had high ratings. Most were harsh after a week steeping. Others were only harsh after 3 week steeping. But after 4 weeks, every single recipe was harsh.

I thought it was the Essential Depot VG. So I bought VG and PG from Liquid Barn. Still harsh. So for once, I decided to try one recipe and make 2 versions of it. One with 3mg nicotine and one nicotine free. I know steeping is important, but I tried SnV this time. Compared side by side, the 2 versions were night and day. One harsh with muted flavors, and the other was so damn good. I had 3 others try it and they said the same. Btw, I always shake the hell out of my Nicotine. Now that U have my story, I am almost certain it is the nicotine. So what are my options? Get the same nicotine from Liquid Barn? 48mg PG? or something else?

1 Like

I am one of those sensitive to the harsh pepperiness of nic. Long ago I found something called Ultra Pure nic from Heartland Vapes. It is, for me and my wife at least, far less harsh and not prominent at all compared to the ‘regular’ nic I used to use. I forget everything they say that makes it different because it was long ago. But that’s all I buy anymore.

Also, I buy it in 100mg dillution (PG). Easier for me to do the math. (This was before I found the cool recipe maker deal here though, which removes the manual calculations).

Not sure if this helps, but make sure to shake up your nic really well before mixing if you’re not already.

Are you sure you are agitating your moxing stuff away from.sunlight and heat sources? Is there a case using a flavor that you’re allergic to?

I am not familiar with that company products since I live in eu…

I don’t want to sling mud because I’m sure people use LB nic without issues and my experiences were a fluke. I will say after having 2 bottles from them taste super harsh and like an ashtray I will never use their nic again.

It’s Vaperstek all the way for me.

Was that ultra premium?

1 Like

Sorry about that, yes that’s it. As with everything, YMMV, but it’s helpful to me.

I guess what’s getting to me is that for some recipes I tried, they were not harsh at all after one week. But I finished the whole 20 ml bottle before 3 weeks ended. So, I don’t know if it would have also turned harsh after the 3rd or 4th week as was the case with other recipes I tried. So I don’t want to contact Liquid Barn about their nicotine, or order a different brand of nicotine before I was 100% sure. Is there a bullet proof test to see if the nicotine was good or not? BTW, the nicotine is clear in color. Not yellowish at all. thanks for all your help.

Maybe you needed to shake up the nic really well as suggested? Maybe a different kind of nic is in order. I don’t know. I am an expert, but only an expert in ‘me’. I don’t know what’s causing your sensitivity. I wish there was an easy “That’s it!”. The nic I use is clear but will eventually oxidize and darken a bit when opened.

2 Likes

I contacted Liquid Barn about this situation of mine. I told them I think it is one of 3:
a)I’m doing something wrong.
b) nicotine was damaged during shipping process.
c) The batch I got was not accurate.

I was in touch with Bobby. He asked for the batch # off the bottle and did a test. Here was his reply:
“Hi, the test on the nicotine came back completely normal, please do not let your whole bottle go to room temperature, pour out what you need and get right back into the freezer. This time we will send a one time replacement bottle for you. If you have any questions please contact me.”

It was very nice of them to send a replacement. Before I go back to mixing, I would like the input of some of the more experienced mixers here. I don’t know who’s who, so please forgive me if I do not mention you. I’m just putting names I’ve seen more often here.

My question to the members I mentioned as well as other members: Is it proper to take out an unopened nicotine bottle from the freezer, shake it well for 30 seconds, and then take the nicotine from it at that moment? or do I have to leave it thaw at room temperature? if not, what is the exact proper way of doing it?
Keep in mind, I have a (48mg PG Base)
@daath @JoJo @VapeyMama @Cutlass92

Thank you all in advance :+1:

2 Likes

I mix a lot so I keep a 30 ml out full of 100 mg nic, when I get nic it goes right in the freezer then when it’s time to crack it open it gets broken down into 30ml bottles, and right back into the freezer they all go except the one I’m using, I order large quantities,a liter or two at a time, I get all my nic from nic river and have never had a problem. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Oh and liquid barn gets their nic select from nic river.

So the one you keep out will stay at room temp? not in a fridge?
Does it matter if I split the nic bottle into glass or plastic bottles before I freeze them?

1 Like

Personally I use all plastic bottles, I know some people here swear by glass, I would say if you’ve got glass use it, as far as my nic staying at room temp yes but the temp is controlled year round we keep it about 75, I use it within a week or two so it’s not out long, and I figure it sits out after I mix it into my juice so what’s a week or two gonna do.

1 Like

I see. Thanks for the info man.

1 Like

I let the nic come to room temp for a few hours, give it a good shake, and then transfer into my mixing bottle. I keep a small amount at room temp, just enough to mix with for a week or so. I usually buy 250-500ml bottles, its easier for me than having to transfer liter+ bottles into smaller ones. And I haven’t ever had my nic go bad doing it this way.

2 Likes