Has anyone ever heard that 316 SS kills mods?

I Had a Fuch1 213 Plus one month old totally freak out on me yesterday, I brought it back to the vape shop where I bought it and one of the guys that worked there told me it probably failed because I was using stainless wire and that mods can’t handle stainless he also said that I should only use Kanthal I didn’t want to argue with the guy because he was willing to refund me but I call Bull shit!

2 Likes

You called it right, total bullshit! People use SS316 on all sorts of mods all the time.
If he’d said that temp control doesn’t work well on that mod, I would believe it, but to say the mod failed because of the wire is just ridiculous. Says a lot about the shop, I wouldn’t use that shop again if I were you.

11 Likes

Wow! That is one load of El-Toro PoPo! Was he foaming at the corners of his mouth? Were his eyes fixed and dilated? Did he mention being from K-pax?

8 Likes

I would call bs. I’ve used ss316L exclusively for close to two years in power mode no problem. Tc in a segilie product is no go though.

Mod history.

Original ipv d2 (still works)
Three ipv5’s
2 voopoos
1 lost vape therion DNA 166

Coil builds…singles, duals, parelles, and claptons. The only challenge is the lower gauge claptons can have a slow ramp up time. For round wire builds I run a lot of 24g, some 26, and acouple 28g (for retro small builds)

The only mod I returned was a the sigielie 213w that I bought when they first came out…tc was crap and no firmware updates as advertised.

3 Likes

OMG. That’s just insane. All wire does as far as the mod is concerned is provide an acceptable load. If the load is unacceptable and the mod is functioning correctly, the mod simply won’t fire. You could dump oatmeal down the atty and the mod would probably fire and not give a damn.

5 Likes

Thank you I couldn’t agree more with you!

2 Likes

Thanks Chris
Steve

2 Likes

Yup Walt That’s why I call BS

3 Likes

He must have been on something cuz nobody in their right mind would say something that freaking stupid so I ended up getting a Vaporesso Revenger very nice mod way better then
the fuchai

2 Likes

this is what I got now:
image I got a black one to go with my black Griffin 25 Plus

3 Likes

If one used a fused clapton made of SS316L, which usually has very low resistance, I have heard that this set up ruins the boards on some mods. Have to check the mod specs to see how low you can go.

2 Likes

Please do a mini-review after you have had it for a bit. They are very sharp looking mods and I really think a lot of my Tarot Pro. Wonderful chipset. I just wish it took an atty larger than 22mm. I got it early on for the appearance before I really knew what to look for. Lucked out on that one. Made some wonderful friends and a B&M and they will not steer me wrong.

2 Likes

Not anything but 100% bullshit!!! The only thing that can be hard on your mod is the wrong build with “any type” of frigging wire…

4 Likes

I sure will do little review for you Walt

2 Likes

that’s a fact I just didn’t argue with him I just wanted a new / different mod got it and left

4 Likes

I don’t blame you, I’d do the same.

3 Likes

I have a 25 mm Griffin 25 plus on it right it accommodates it very nicely Walt with a little room left on the sides

1 Like

Lol, I won’t argue with morons either. It’s a fruitless endeavor and heaven forbid they decide I’m ok and want to be a friend. Let me out!!!

4 Likes

I left with what hope to be a really nice and hopefully dependable mod

1 Like

I kinda figured that. I watched a couple of reviews on it but we all know it’s a little down the road that you really get to know your mod and of course the YouTube reviews really don’t have they luxury to take a lot of time with the things prior to reviewing it. I think a lot of DJlsb but he has missed some things that don’t surface right away. I have mods and atties that are proof of that.

2 Likes