Have you ever

Felt like making a have you ever thread… well I did. Feel free to post your own have you ever question… but pleas keep questions and comments PG.

But here’s my question…

Have you ever made a recipe for friends and never try it… friends like

It occurred to me I’ve made a couple thousand ml of this and I have yet to try it…

5 Likes

Have you ever ate pig’s feet, chicken livers or chit’lins?

Some Southern African Americans has past these down for generations. From my understanding some of these were what was left after the slave owners took all the choice cuts for themselves. Slaves survived on what was left and some are still a delicacy today. There are several more, but these are the most popular where I’m from.

11 Likes

I eat them chicken livers lol never had the opportunity to try the other two though

5 Likes

Fried chicken livers and fried okra, mmmmm. Im not a pigs feet fan but i have eaten some stuff people would consider gross. When you hunt for your food or raise it nothing really goes to waste but it is good to have dogs…

I always taste test ejuice that i give to people, just in case.

Have you ever… farted in bed and pulled the covers over your partners head?

13 Likes

I just finished off 3/4 of a pint. I like dipping them in tarter sauce… Kinda reminds me of seafood in a round about way.

4 Likes

Mmmm, i used to love to dip them in beef gravy, the cheap stuff in the jar at the store. Mashes taters too. Ill try some tarter sauce next time, that sounds yummy.

3 Likes

Yep… LOLOL

I can chew them, but I could never swallow… They just seem to get bigger and bigger until I spit it out. I can eat them in gumbos and stews or soups.

3 Likes

My favorite!! I love to stuff my human with Ricotta, Mozzarella, Basil Pesto and a bit of Parmesan. The key is to SLOW ROAST at 250 degrees, while continuously basting with garlic butter, careful to never let the skin dry out. Damn good eatin’ there!

Of course you can stuff your people with whatever you like, this is just my ADE (all day eatin)

4 Likes

All three. What about gizzards?

2 Likes

You’ve beaten @SmilingOgre to the bush :smiley:

Yep, I make menthol juice for my nephew and I can’t stand menthol so I’ve never tried it. What’s the point, it’s all menthol :smirk:

:yum:

5 Likes

Chicken livers: love them tiny snacks. Never had it fried and with fried okra, but okra is often used in our kitchen in different ways (does tend to get a little slimy, not too many people here appreciating that here).
Talking about organ meats, veal kidneys are also quite a delicacy, a big favorite of mine.
Pig foot, snout, ear… good for soups but you won’t see me nibble on those bony things :smiley:

I love my wild meats and trying different things. Have you ever eaten a bit more uncommon meats like armadillo or agouti? :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Isnt that something Every man does at least once…

2 Likes

chit’lins are good only if the cook know what they are about.

Me and a friend of mine ( room mate ) were out late one night and got locked out. He invited me to go and stay the night at his momas house.

So… Have you ever had pig’s feet, chicken livers or chit’lins at 2:00 o’clock in the morning?
We knocked on the door and his mom let us in, then proceeded to make us dinner… It was awesome.

4 Likes

If you haven’t done that by marriage year two, you’re a completely owned man. Gotta love the ol’ dutch oven.

5 Likes

I’ll eat just about anything or at least try it. I grew up in Italian household,so we had tripe,pigs feet,jaw bone, tongue,cheek. You name it. One time, yup One time Only. We where having a potluck dinner at work, this has been awhile ago. She brought chit’lins in, now you gotta really clean them good, I’m talking scrub them. After all :poop: goes thru them. Needless to say she didn’t clean them well at all. They literally tasted like :poop:
That was in 1999 and I haven’t eaten them since. No pun intended but they left a bad taste in my mouth.

1 Like

Armadillo is actually really delicious, baked in the oven. Racoon BBQd is imo probably the best wild animal I’ve ever eaten.

3 Likes

Chicken livers! The secret is soaking them in whole milk for a couple hours before breading and frying. Also number one source of vitamin B12 (looks at Vegans :smirk:) I make the killer chicken livers and the whole family loves them. When my daughter was in High School her best friend slept over and we were having chicken livers that night for dinner. Her Daddy was a Dr and I’m positive she never even heard of chicken livers. I brought a huge steaming plate to the dinner table and my wife and kids were grabbing them up! Lil’ Missy however was agog :flushed: “Is that dog food?!” We LoLed but it wasn’t gonna happen… and I made her a PB&J or something

HmmmMmmMm Buffalo style with some Franks Hot Sauce

4 Likes

And every chick… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I too have been retaliated against for a late-night “Covered Wagons!” with a vengeful pre-Dawn crop-dusting

5 Likes

Isn’t that the same thing as chit’lins?

2 Likes