HELP! Billow v2 sudden wicking issues

No worries, I wasn’t implementing that you don’t believe it, I was trying to explain in a somewhat funny way, the situation.

Because trust me it sounds stupid I know, should seen my face, especially since my brain was telling me that this makes no sense and in reality it really doesnt. But I guess I just stop trying to find a explanation and take it as is lol.

Here we sadly get heat waves from 40c up to 45c in some regions. I’m sure Arizona is even worse lol. I sometimes miss the day as it was 35c max and I thought that was hot. Also this humidity doesn’t make it better.

Anyways I stop talking so the OP can get some more help and maybe finds a solution.

2 Likes

The first time I cut a swath of cotton from a pad, I did the same thing as your friend-went perpendicular from the grain rather than cutting parallel with the grain. I couldn’t understand why the wicks wouldn’t thread thru the coils, as every time I tried to pull them through they’d break in half. I gotta say, your friend’s wicking game has GOT to be pretty damn strong if he could coax wrongly cut cotton through a damn coil!!! :astonished: :crazy_face:

3 Likes

@paingawd I wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t have seen it.

3 Likes

Not to confuse things here or add additional variables but I had a similer experience about 4 months ago. The same issue; dry hits occasionally. The difference is that my problems were across 3 different atty types, KayFun v5, Nautilus full size (at work tank) and a Merlin MTL. 50/50 liquid is all I vape.

I would get 5~6 good hits then a taste that the wick drying - I would open the tank using the fill port, a couple of bubbles come up - back to normal. I took the Nautilus out of the mix due to using recoiled heads, had the JFC on the KF so loose I was afraid the tank would fall off the deck, swapped o-rings (original and O-Ring store versions). Nothing helped, same issue on every MTL designated tank I had.

I thought I tried every wick method known to man (and woman) to no avail. Logged more hours on YouTube than I care to admit. I actually believe I watched every coil wick video on the system (except for Rip’s):grinning:
What I finally decided on the root cause was that I had overtime increased my draw/hit, to a point I was messing with the way the tanks were designed to operate. Too much vacuum or negative pressure, whatever you call it. This issue started happening on all of my attys - I was not about to go to a ‘sub-ohm’ style tank due to the ones I had tried in the past were way too airy for my vape.

My simple fix was to put the largest diameter coils (additional wick) I could fit in each atty as the problem arose and also went to a Scottish Roll of KGD. These changes didnt fix the issue but have stretched out having to ‘burp’ a tank to about 2 or 3 hours. I can live with that for the time being. Still looking for my next perfect tank.

Sorry for the long boring text…

5 Likes

Yes, I’ve found that 90/60 is my sweet spot for VG PG ratio. :wink::grimacing::sunglasses:

4 Likes

I don’t do a lot of tank vaping, except for MTL. Anywho, I won a Geek Vape Zues Dual Coil. It is really very easy to build and wick. First try and it vaped like a champ. Every build and wick after that has been the same.

Might be your next “perfect” tank.

2 Likes

Sounds more like a vapor lock situation. Especially if you can crack the juice fill and see air bubbles coming from the bottom juice ports. Maybe the o-rings deteriorated in a way that let your seal it up air-tight and now it can’t get that tiny backwards release of vacuum that allows the juice and air to swap out inside the coil zone. If you have a baggie of spares just swap em out

Oh and @5prock3t it’s great to see you back in here!~

4 Likes

@28If Good post

2 Likes

I think you may be on to something about vapor-lock…and I will look closer into this.
With that said, its felt like Ive been slowly breaking in my wicking all weekend and it never really priming.
Today I got to thinking about my adv mix that I mixed up before all this happened. I think Shisha Strawberry may have gotten away from me…I taste a shit ton of white/green strawberry and zero crunch/dairy.
I also notice I used PEG400 by mistake and this made up 15% of my mix…and Im not certain what effect this has.

2 Likes

@Dan_the_Man thank you for the recommendation. I looked into this last night. Its fairly inexpensive on some sites. I will probably put an order in this weekend.

I never would have thought of doubling up the coil/wick to alleviate my problem.Duh…

2 Likes

Thanks @BoDarc for adding to the thread. I have swapped out o-rings but it really cant hurt to try it again.

Do you think that over-drawing on each hit could cause the vapor lock?

3 Likes

I would think if it wasn’t a problem before that was properly designed to start. I’m looking at what could have changed over time. I have some tanks too with top fill O-rings. When I screw down it doesn’t seem to fit so tight metal to metal (Cap to tank) and that o-ring is the only actual seal to prevent juice escaping but a little vacuum to release. Maybe a little less torque on the juice-fill? (don’t know what your atty looks like or how it fills?)

I think most of us have experienced the “burp” when you open to add juice. A little vacuum is necessary to prevent leaking from the airflow

3 Likes

Be sure to check which one you’re getting. There is a single coil Zeus and a dual coil Zues, two different tanks. Anywho, mine came with a couple 32 guage nichrome braided coils that were really nice coils, I was quite surprised.

Good luck on your search. Oh, and just in case you don’t know about the deals thread…

3 Likes

Good thing you brought that to my attention. I was comparing prices and noticed one ~10$ less. Got all excited, almost pulled the trigger. :sweat:

2 Likes