Help for Newbie please

All good points, there are risks but they are limited and certainly lower than many household goods (bleach and caustic soda come to mind). It is a good idea to treat nic over a certain concentration just as you would treat either of these two chemicals.

Wikipedia has a good article on nicotine, link to most relevant paragraph for this discussion

1 Like

So to get close to this dose you’ll have to absorb how much? 37.5ml of 100mg nic juice? So almost a 50ml bottle?
I rest my case :wink:

1 Like

Pretty much but remember that’s the dose that would cause the more serious side effects pretty quickly. Smaller doses will cause reactions too

2 Likes

I agree Jazzy, but people were talking about dead families and not about throwing up and being sick for a while.

1 Like

Ok yep then that’s the dose for 75kg person. To figure that out there 2.2lbs in 1kg. So a 70kg person is 75x2.2=165lbs. So if there’s a heavier or lighter person the number would go up or down. To figure out your own number you can take you’re weight and divide it by 2.2. That will equal ur weight in kg

I think this 75kg is a value from the past. Today the average is probably closer to 90kg. But we’re still not in areas where it could be life threatening for us hobby users. To get to dangerous levels you’d have to drink it. Absorption through the skin doesn’t sound plausible at all with the amounts required to kill somebody. So I still don’t believe that using 36mg over 100mg would make a difference what so ever.
Where are all the scientists when you need one?

1 Like

Your probably right but that’s the number that we use at the hospital to dose emergency meds at. That’s why i used it :smiling_face::smiling_face:

I think the reason it may be safer for a new person because maybe they might mix incorrectly at first. Might not be able to measure correctly at first. That’s the main reason i think they should start lower but not all ppl really need to start at 36mg.
Eg. We had a person come in that drank draino to scare his gf and commit suicide but then changed his mind. But there was no saving that guy! idk why i put this here but i guess I’m just saying everyones different and who knows what ppl do when they mix in the beginning.

I do agree you’d probably have to injest it but i think as a rule new ppl should be told to read up on the warnings and safety of nic just because it still should be used cautiously.

What mg did u start at? I started at 36 then 48 and then 72. Then i thought I’d save money and get the 100mg.

Imho: I don’t disagree with u I just think it’s a norm for beginners, that’s all

I’ve been using 72mg from the beginning. In the UK that’s the highest you could get before TPD.

Precautions are more important if you have children in the house or pets. But I think everybody who gets started with DIY juice making is aware that nicotine is not mountain air and smart enough to not drink it.

1 Like

I think they would know about nicotine too but they may not measure correctly at first especially if they use volume. In the US the metric system for ml and cc are not taught in schools here.

OK I guess you can always find a case… But with such brilliant tools like the ELR calculator it should be no problem.
Maybe @daath can create an imperial version of the calculator :rofl:

2 Likes

That might be a good idea. I had a good handle on the metric system because we use that in health care here and had to learn it in college. But i can imagine some ppl may have a learning curve with it, in the beginning

That was just a joke! Nobody needs an imperial calculator! Most people are using weight anyway from what I see here on the forum.
Are the syringes you can buy in the US metric? Here in the UK all syringes I’ve bought were metric and so were the pipettes.

I do notice alot of ppl use volume in the groups I’m in, so assuming everyone mixes by weight is inaccurate. I was actually surprised! There’d be no way to use imperial and be accurate any hoo :smiling_face::smiling_face: not with the doses we use

If u were joking why didnt u say so? I even heard Andy Tooney say he uses drops to mix. Everyone has their own way of mixing. That’s why i say every new mixer should read the warnings and start where they feel comfortable with nic.

1 Like

Sorry Jazzy, I thought the rofl smiley had given it away :rofl:

1 Like

The mention of any imperial measure is a joke outside of of few of UK former colonies, but especially more out of US.

For the little story, Napoleon who is broadly considered to have kickstarted the metrification of Europe, guns blazing, was not a big supporter of it. He apparently was of the mind that this would unnecessarily complicate things. He subsequently was presented with the stadardistion proposal for the “brassée”, IIRC around 300 local norms with different counting systems and decided that pissing off people was a good option.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I dont come on very much, but someone tagged me in this thread. Looking over your list, it looks okay to me until I get to the mixing section. As someone that started mixing by volume, someone who still has about 1000 syringes taking up space in my life, I’d strongly recommend you just skip that step and start mixing by weight from the get go. Order a large quantity of cheap pipettes and an AWS LB501. I’m sure this is advice you are getting all over this thread, but I can’t express how dumb I felt after the switch. Just the time savings alone from using disposable pipettes, its huge. Add to that the relative ease and speed of precision compared to even using a 1ml syringe, its no comparison.

2 Likes

Hey, Cougar, he said he already had scales and bottles.
I am going to turn you in to the whip-master admin Da Momma,
and if that don’t work, I’m gonna flag you.

[tell Sean I said to Gibbs-slap you…]
Better watch out for the Whip-Momma…cloud%20wench1

1 Like

I reserve to focus on OP, and I hope you ignore some of the _______
that seems to regularly rear it’s awful head .

Buy whatever size you wish for [sucralose] sweetener, or even
Ethyl Maltol for that matter, but I highly suggest looking in to a
different sweetener. I strongly suggest making your own stone
with [PG or VG] and organic PURE stevia powder. Your coils will thank you.
Make it with or without apple cider vinegar and lime juice…or both.

I would also suggest you acquire some Meringue and either some Pear or Cactus.

I like your list, and can see much potential for recipes.
From your choices, I have guessed at your taste preference(s)
and would like to offer you a recipe of mine that I vape [in rotation] every day.
You don’t have the ingredients in/on your list, but a thought for the future.
I will get a screen shot and post it shortly [all my recipes are private]
It will suffice as a shake-n-vape, and it just keeps getting better with age/steep.

Also, I recommend @Alisa DaMomma’s Bust-A-Nut , which can be found on ELR

2 Likes

meeee too, please!