Help me choose a squonk RDA

I don’t even have a squonk mod yet…that’s the next battle…but trying to decide on an RDA. I figured I’d start there since I can use it to drip before deciding on a mod (waiting for some reviews of the new Pulse regulated mod before deciding). I’m sure I’ll be asking about the mod at some point! Anyway…

I have the RDA choices narrowed down to the Dead Rabbit, Dead Rabbit SQ, Pulse 22 and Pulse 24. I’ve seen reviews, but thought I’d ask fellow DIYers for their thoughts.

If none of those would be your choice, what would be?

2 Likes

I guess there’s an element in play regarding your vaping style; MTL, DL, preferred power, single or parallel coils, etc. Some would be better suited to you depending on your style.

A general recommendation; I have the GBOX squonker with the Radar RDA that comes as a kit. I’ve been surprisingly happy with this setup and don’t have any issues recommending it. The Radar (while not on your current radar), is easy to build on, wick, and performs very well. Just a suggestion.

6 Likes

Thanks Phil.

Yeah…I guess some details about my style would be helpful. I’m a DL vaper, more interested in flavor than clouds. I generally build to ~.6 ohms in my single coil Ammit 25 RTA and use temp control. I like smaller devices, so the GBOX probably isn’t for me, but that looks like a great kit for people that don’t mind bigger devices.

I’m a huge GeekVape fan, so I’m definitely going to look into the Radar. Would you have bought it if it didn’t come in the kit?

3 Likes

No, but only because I never heard of it until I got the kit. But really, I’m glad I did.

As for size, yes the GBOX is like a bigger RX200. I like it for the dual cells so I’m fine with it.

Good luck with your search!

3 Likes

Thanks Phil!

3 Likes

IMO , it is hard to go wrong with any of the new rda’s that has come out in the past few months. I have all the ones you have mentioned with the exception of the SQ , I do have one of those on the way.
I love the original Dead Rabbit for my dual battery squonks , great flavor but with two coils so I prefer not to use it on my small single cell mods.
The Pulse 22 , I have three of them so that says a lot. I like them for my style , run them wide open and they work great.The only downside is they can be a pain to take apart at times. I don’t know why but the sections can get stuck together. Not a big deal though.
The pulse 24 , I don’t like it as well as the Dead Rabbit for my style.
I think I am going to like the Dead Rabbit SQ but it is just a guess for now.
A few you haven’t mentioned.
The Oumier Wasp is an excellent rda for small squonks , love the flavor but it can get a little warm as I build low.This has got to be a best buy though for less than $15.00
The Gorge rda made by Advken , it looks like the Wasp’s bigger brother and it is a good flavor rda and doesn’t get as warm as the Wasp’s but for some reason I still prefer others.
Honestly they are all good but it is hard to say which one you ill like.Another favorite is the Drop , everybody seems to love them .I just don’t care for the looks.
I have never tried the Radar that @anon44944642 mentioned but I think this is just another example of the quality of all of them on the market now. Good Luck

4 Likes

@Bundy1 I’m not an official squonker per se but I just tested out the Geekvape Gbox kit, and it actually tasted very good. Surprised me.

5 Likes

You might want to check this out: http://www.3fvape.com/61-geekvape
Can’t weigh in on the squonker though as I don’t have one… yet. Good luck!

3 Likes

Thanks Howdy! I actually have a Wasp Nano and I’m not a fan of it. For some reason it seems to prefer spitting in my mouth to producing vapor. I end up drinking more liquid than I vape.

I don’t think I like the Drop even though I’ve also heard good things about it. It may sound stupid, but all those air holes look like leaking could be an issue and I also think “stuff” can get in when you pocket it. Or maybe I’m just crazy?

I’ll check reviews on the others, so thanks for pointing them out, but I’m really leaning even more to the Dead Rabbit SQ now.

1 Like

That’s two votes now. Maybe I will have to check it out!

1 Like

I have three I really enjoy but they are single coil:

Pulse 22
Iconic
Aladdin

2 Likes

I also own a GBox. Thx to @SessionDrummer for the great review :+1:

It work fine with the Goon 1.5
I can agree @BoyHowdy the Wasp is a great RDA, a flavor MONSTER

I will follow the recommendations of Morten Oen and will buy a BONZA for my other GBox.

The DROP is also a very good RDA, but not for Flatwirecoils.

2 Likes

Squeezer squonk mod with a pulse 24 rda its a mechanical mod so be careful but dont be scared :wink:.
It is the best value for money imo

2 Likes

Check your build… a lot of times that’s more due to incorrect wicking than the atty’s design. How do I know? :smiley:

5 Likes

So I tried the Wasp Nano again, and I have to say you were right. I never really gave it a chance before, but I love this little sucker now!

It is perfect for what I planned on using it for: test tasting my DIY juices and quickly switching up flavors when I get bored with what’s in my tanks.

2 Likes

I found that moving the coil up or a bit stops the spitting.

Also my recommendation would be the bunker that little thing is a flavour monster.

And topside for mod.

3 Likes

I have a Drop Dead on a Vandy Vape Pulse. The mod is super light and can use 18650 or 20700 batteries. I use 20700. The squonk bottle is ok size wise but is a little bit of a pain to fill. But I just love the size and weight of this thing. Right now I’m waiting on a Profile mesh RDA to put on it should be awesome!
Switched to the profile its awesome.

5 Likes

Oh my how times have changed, lol. How many?

5 Likes

LMAO
Yeah, you ain’t kidding brother. So far, I’ve got six squonkers. If I get a decent refund this year, I’ll look into a nice DNA version. Remind me how this was going to save me money over smoking???

6 Likes

Get ready to go through a lot of juice. It’s a good flavor RDA, but keep it soaked. The dry hits are god-awful and will irritate the crap out of your throat.

6 Likes