Help me recreate a favorite coffee of mine

It’s a mild citrus coffee. Do you put cream in it, too? Or just as a black coffee?

3 Likes

Mild is almost unpossible when it comes to the majority of coffee flavorings and i cant even pronounce the second word! :laughing:

Perhaps you should heck out some of the extraction threads and make your own, it isnt really all that difficult at all.

4 Likes

Extraction you say??? I can do that??

6 Likes
6 Likes

Eh. Don’t bother trying.
Just know that the translation means “there’s a pre-teenage cook in the kitchen”. :rofl:

Oh wait. That’s a Y. Not a V. LMAO

5 Likes

Here goes nothing!

8 Likes

I just read that cheesecloth is too porous, so after freaking out, i rummaged in the cupboard and found some sad, lonely, dusty coffee filters (from before my french press days) and added one in.

6 Likes

I see your poor little sigelei hiding in the corner, crying for a battery… :sob:

:wink:

4 Likes

Lolol it’s got a battery now. I put it in the other night, but it’s still ugly, still too angular, and my baby beast doesn’t sit flush on the narrow and short body.

3 Likes

just look at this nonsense!

3 Likes

The 15 sec nuke followed by a 25 min hot bath was a bit weak, smelling it. So I’ll increase bath time

Trial Method:

loose grind just to break up the beans.
15ml coffee grounds, top off with pg, microwave 15s (in safe container) , pour into 50ml beaker, add a bit more pg, hot bath (beaker sitting in near boiling water) 25 minutes. strain into a cheesecloth tea bag with a coffee filter inside. Yielded 40ml juice. Seemed a bit weak so back into the hot bath for another 25 minutes

2 Likes

I wonder if using an old coffee maker would work. Id imagine pg would go through it about the same as water.

3 Likes

I tossed my old coffee maker already.

The concentrate… it was still too weak after a full hour and a half, so i fine ground new beans, added a bit of pg, nuked, added to the already made concentrate. Now sitting in hot bath again. This should work better. Might have to strain it twice, though.

1 Like

Well I hope it works out for u. I’m interested in how it turns out. I’m a bit of a coffe fan myself :grin:

2 Likes

I think this will work… but how many drops/ml of the concentrate do i add to my pg/vg? I use a 25/75 blend, 50ml batches, 24mg nicotine at 25%

1 Like

That’s gonna take some t&e and a lot of patience :grin: 24mg nic?:scream: Whew that would kill me these days :joy::joy::joy:. Best of luck getting it dialed in

3 Likes

FW Cafe Coffee is pretty mild, almost tame like a Breakfast Blend, it provides a lot of wiggle room to play around with, even if you start at a high percentage. I use this one for my mom’s 50/50 blend.

1 Like

That’s one of my go-to coffees. Strangely enough, I’ve found just the opposite. It’s quite potent, and I use it between 1% and 1.5%. I share your assessment of being a breakfast blend!

Just got FA coffee espresso in today though. Given its great reviews, I’m expecting a lot from it (hopefully a more of a “been on the burner for an hour or two” type strength, without the bitterness.

I’ve been told I “don’t make coffee” though. According to at least a couple friends, I make “Jet fuel”! chuckles

3 Likes

Stepped up the hot bath technique and busted out my crockpot for an hour. Strained 3 times. Very dark and smells like nose-in-the-bag :grinning::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

4 Likes