Help needed with the DIY vape juice making process

advice is, build your profile, ask questions in this forum until you get familiar with the site functions on the recipe side (two sides here on ELR, the forum side…which is where we are… and the recipe side)
the search bar on recipe side is like google, you’ll find all kinds of recipes, there are more site functions that assist with finding your goal, but I don’t wanna flood you with info. …baby steps :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yes babysteps!
Thank you so much Dark Jester

3 Likes

Nothing wrong approaching it from the diy/yourself perspective. It is much easier though with friends. Welcome to elr.

Do you have your flavors saved to your stash on the resource side? If so, care to link it here? If not…what are some of the flavors you are working with?

Want to type a couple recipies here? Promise. We won’t judge, only give advice. We have all been there…the first juices can sometimes be alittle rough. But that’s how we learn. Practice does make perfect.

Example of a recipe…

Strawberry fa 2%
Strawberry ripe tpa 4%
Vanilla custard cap v2 4%
Cream fresh fa 0.25%
Graham cracker flv 0.59%

7 Likes

Hi @Cathy4 Welcome to ELR
you’ve gotten some great advice thus far ! I’d like to add that while your learning you could make small batches that are 5 mls this is helpful on waste and let’s face it we all have lots of test runs before we hit smooth sails… or at least I had a fair run of it the first month or two until I got really comfortable with the basic concepts.

If your making recipes already are you using the scale method or drops? I started out on drops ( literally counting drops ) then went to volume ( syringes ) and now am mixing by weight ( scale )

Reason I ask is that your method can have some varying results drop method is the least reliable and can lead to inconsistency in batches.

I know you’ve come to the right place ask away ! Feel free to share what your working on we call them WIPS - Work In Progress no judgement here !

some tips on the recipe side of the site http://e-liquid-recipes.com/resources

Also the search box to upper right of the screen is super useful if you type in Beginners there will be loads of info you can read ! http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/search?q=beginners%20

7 Likes

i think the people here have done a great job guiding you in the right direction , let me add something i didnt see ( i might of missed it ) i am a huge cereal fan and love Cinnamon Toast types it is was a hard profile to nail but one thing that helped me get there was Flavorah Cinnamon Crunch this flavor at 3 to 4 pct should satisfy you until you find a more complex mix that you enjoy… some single flavors are pretty good and can SnV ( they also get better in time as well )

5 Likes

For Cinnamon, I like:

I have adapted this recipe to my liking, Sometimes I adapt because I don’t have the flavor or think another one will work better with my tastes, there are many reasons.
Might like to also look through:

8 Likes

Not sure what butterscotch you have, but I can highly recommend FW butterscotch natural (not to be confused with FW butterscotch -it’s just baaaad and doesn’t hold a candle to natural!).

Also, you need to add what flavors you have to your stash (on the recipe side) if you haven’t already. Then make them public (and provide a link here) so folks might offer more detailed help (should you desire it).

3 Likes

@Cathy4

I might have to try the natural myself

Here’s a recipe with the regular butterscotch

When I original made this recipe I looked at recomended single flavor % . And went with 20% … very much enjoyed it. Lowered it to 10% this last time I made it , I didn’t enjoy it as much as the 20%. . But that was an easy fix… add 10% more flavor…

Also I hear butterscotch ripple is a good one to try…

https://www.nicotineriver.com/collections/flavor-west-flavor-concentrates/products/flavor-west-butterscotch-ripple

https://www.nicotineriver.com/collections/flavor-west-flavor-concentrates/products/flavor-west-butterscotch-natural

Maybe @SthrnMixer, @Cutlass92, @Pro_Vapes , @VapeyMama could Point you in the direction of a good butterscotch recipe

Mf butterscotch is really nice. At 1% its very present in mix and super smooth. I haven’t tried it with other butterscotches yet…I don’t think…:thinking: but I plan on doing some more butterscotch testing soon. I’ll let you know what happens, @Cathy4!

1 Like

I think we scared Cathy away. Lol

3 Likes

Thank you so much. I just placed an order for more flavors for some recipes i found inteersting. Now cant wait for my order to arrive

1 Like

Thanks you I have been using the drop method along with graduated cylinder for the ml so i stay as close to recipe as i can

1 Like

Thank you so much for all the help. I have added the flavors i have on my stash. I have been busy researching recipes and ordering flavors. I appreciate all the help so far and am still learning how to navigate this forum thing. I am definetly not very computer savy

4 Likes

Donlt think anybody’s mentioned our nifty calculating tool yet?
You might find this thread useful:

As for Butterscotch Flavours, this one is totally natural and delicious. I’d mix it at 8% , and give it three weeks’ steeping. ;

That;s a British site, BTW.
I don’t think you said what country you’re living in?

2 Likes

Welcome @Cathy4
You’ve had some great advice which I am certain you will take on board.
Have to say there’s nothing wrong with experimenting and making recipes up on the spot, I’m certain we all do that, but get to know the flavours is very important.
Find your sweet spot and mix for you and your taste.
Enjoy your stay here and have fun!

5 Likes

Ermm… Someone (wink wink, nudge nudge) said that Botanic Elixir is actually MF (Medicine Flower) diluted…

So why not just say MF? :wink: :laughing: grins
(I do appreciate they’re difficult to get over there though. Just making it easy for folks to follow, since they may not have yet found the other thread.)

3 Likes

Just a FYI, you should share your flavor stash public. This way these awesome folks can help you put together some simple recipes. This way you have a vapable recipe while you do some single flavors @ different %'s so you can get familiar with your concentrates. Its amazing how a flavor changes a recipe around at various %.

3 Likes

Oops! fair cop, Guv. I was, umm, thinking maybe I shouldn’t scare the newbie off by rattling on about MF, just yet :flushed: Thought I could just kinda sneak the MF in with the cheaper version. * chuckle * Then , once she’s hooked…

Oh! and if she’d said she’s Americam, then I’d have said, “Oh! go to ECX and buy their dinky little bottles of MF instead…”

but she still hasn’t said where she’s living.

See ? There’s method in my madness.Hmm, or do I mean madness in my method? :S

Cinamon danish swirl is a great flavour just add a bit of custard away you go :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Thanks I am working on it

1 Like