Help us test out the new chat

We set up a Discord chat:

It has regular chat and voice chat - Come try it out! You can connect via your browser or you can download an app on their page:

:slight_smile: Lars

9 Likes

I love it. Visually very pleasing. And the integrated voice chat is awesome too. Thanks Lars!

3 Likes

Is the Kiwi IRC going away?

1 Like

Cool! Got it all set up. Very nice.

1 Like

Not sure if we will abandon it - but to be honest, the Discord thing seems way better :slight_smile: We’re just missing the bot!

3 Likes

:+1: Another group for the discord, love it. It’s a bit cleaner than the current chat not to mention notifications/ mobile support.

1 Like

:slight_smile:

7 Likes

Everyone loves the bot! But I think the voice chat is awesome. I got to hear your voice for the first time yesterday - great! Also have had the pleasure of speaking with Joel, Wamphyri and Nappen. Now the rest of you who have a mic or whatnot - get crackin! Don’t be shy. This is fun stuff.

5 Likes

Are you able to use your current elr username?

2 Likes

Ill have to pass on it, for now, as it seems there is no way to increase the font size on the windows client.

I was, and uploaded the avatar i use here.

2 Likes

Thanks. i just created an account. I’ll mess with it later tonight.

3 Likes

I think they’re working on that. Strange that it isn’t there.
I believe you can do it with BetterDiscord: betterdiscord.net - This website is for sale! - betterdiscord Resources and Information. but it might require some fiddling. It might just involve getting a theme that has a bigger font.
If you try it and can’t get it to work, let me know and I will figure it out and instruct you how to do it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh, and vote on it here:

4 Likes

For now ill stick with the browser based client, i can adjust the font size to old people eyes. But, should you decide to make the switch ill retry BetterDiscord and write a CSS.

2 Likes

There appears to be some info available about adding a bot to your Discord. I would post links but a) they’re too easy to find, and b) I don’t like it when people realize what a dumbshit I am when it comes to technology. I kept up as much as possible but the younger generation went past me like I was sitting up on blocks. :laughing:

3 Likes

I found some resources as well. I will look closer at them when I get a bit of free time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Today i loaded only discord, i didnt even realize it until i saw this thread again.

2 Likes

・゜゜ ・。。・゜゜_ó< FLAP FLAP!

2 Likes

.bang

Botty…

1 Like

Nice shot Dick Cheney!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes