Help using maple flavor

I am looking for for cake/cupcake recipes that use maple or maple syrup

3 Likes

Here’s one I made for a friend but never posted…

Maple Syrup FA .8%
Pound Cake FLV 1%
Yellow Cake JF 1.5%
Frosting FLV .8%
Meringue FA .6%

12 Likes

Not a recipe, but FLV Cupcake Batter is exactly what you are looking for; tastes like maple syrup. Not for me but perhaps you might have a good use for it.

5 Likes

This recipe has my mouth watering! I can’t wait to try it, THX

5 Likes

Thx for this excellent recipe! I did tweek it with 0.20mg stevia in 30ml mix, now my sweet tooth is happy😃

4 Likes

Thx! I used it in a simple vanilla cupcake recipe with TFA maple syrup and it’s my Favorite now😃

1 Like

I prefer TPA Maple the other 2 (Maple Syrup and Deluxe) contain PG whereas the Maple is water and Ethyl Alcohol and for my tastebuds it’s the more authentic taste and a lot smoother in the finished flavour than the PG version.

Too much as a standalone though in finished flavour for me, but in recipes tend to use it up to 3% any higher and it will really dominate the finished mix. Tend to stick around the 1-2% most of the time

I also try to let some of the alcohol evaporate first as well by letting the finished concentrate mix stand for at least a day in the bottle without the top on before adding the VG base, I find it helps as per the guy who created the recipe below explains, with the finished flavour as it makes it a little less harsh. But anything with maple in it needs a good steep anyway.

This is the recipe, that got me to appreciate how good the TPA Maple concentrate, can be if you allow it to steep for 3-4 weeks

3 Likes

Has anyone tried TPA Maple Deluxe in place of TPA Maple in Blax’s Mom’s Sunday Morning Pancakes?

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @AnthonyB1. I have not tried it personally, but looking at that recipe- 14% on the Butternut seems high af to me…

How is it?!

1 Like

Thank you :grin:
I have tried it, and its flippen amazing, at the stated percentages, (and using TPA Maple), however I believe Maple Deluxe has replaced Maple, and was wondering if it’s a 1:1 sub, (particularly in this case)?

2 Likes

Awwww… Watch this… @SessionDrummer HELP! lol

2 Likes

I’ve also tried that recipe and it is amazing. I’ve tried several different combos of maple because so many of the maple flavors don’t seem realistic enough for me. The TPA Maple and Maple Deluxe are fairly close though I think the original maple is better in this recipe. My favorite version of that was a remix with FW Vanilla Butternut @ 14% and FW Caramel Candy @ 4% as a sub for the caramel and maple. To me FW Caramel Candy has a great buttery maple flavor. The Vanilla butternut is a hidden gem of a flavor when kept low it has a nice nutty maple flavor and when it’s taken higher it develops a lovely bready flavor after steeping, while retaining the nutty maple note.

4 Likes

@AnthonyB1 welcome to ELR, and I have mixed that recipe a few times.but I always reduced the percentages. At over 7 years old, the amounts WERE much higher back then. I always used the Maple and not the Maple Deluxe, but I’m sure they’re similar. The Deluxe looks stronger, so you should reduce it somewhat. I would suggest instead of 3%, starting with 2% Maple Deluxe.

3 Likes

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to the ELR forum @AnthonyB1.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your reply …
You mention that concentrate percentages have dropped over the years, so may I take advantage of your extensive experience, and ask how you would adapt the recipe above, specifically for MTL, using 12mg freebase nicotine, (and Maple Deluxe).

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply … I have Caramel Candy in my stash, and will be giving your suggestion a go … much appreciated :pray:

2 Likes

You’re welcome @AnthonyB1. Now, I did not realize you were MTL vaping, as that does change things a bit. I think when I had mixed it, I reduced the overall percentage from 18%, down to 13%.

Mom's Sunday Morning Pancakes

Ingredient%
Caramel (Original) (TPA)0.72
Maple (TPA)2.17
Vanilla Butternut (FW)10.11

Flavor total: 13%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Now, because you are MTL, you may want to leave it at the OG 18%, as MTL very often times requires higher flavor rates for MTL.

You can easily start VERY small and mix up 5ml or 10ml batches and see what strength(s) work out best for YOUR application.

1 Like

O wow … Thank you so much :grin: … You rock :partying_face:

2 Likes

Thanks @SessionDrummer

1 Like