Help with DIY Concentrates Harshness

yes they are there own brand

Have you tried using alittle but less flavoring? I am guessing these are premade flavor bases. Try alittle but less.

Or better yet. Take 15ml from your batch already made and add some pg and vg. Thus diluting it alittle bit.

If you have flavor concentrates like from cap, FA, tpa ect you could add 0.25 fresh cream FA, maybe 0.67 marshmallow tpa.

You could also try upping your vg percent. If your final mix is supposed to be, for example, 30pg/70vg try going to 25pg/75vg. And so on. Some of us, like me, are sensitive to pg.

That being said, there may just be one flavor component that doesnā€™t agree with you and just will always be a bit harsh.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

totally agree with @Chrispdx, Iā€™d try and cream them up a little bit, never used Vampires flavours, I have tried their liquids but not really a fan, before you give up on it Iā€™d buy yourself a handful of the more popular brands like Capella, TPA or FA, Meringue and marshmallow, maybe some sweet cream, toy around with those first. :+1:
and give them plenty of steep time, maybe a month or so.

Great thanks for all your help and advice i will try everything you have said
thanks again!

1 Like

no problem, and welcome to ELR :wink::+1:

1 Like

Whenever I hear ā€œharshā€, I equate it to alcohol (when Iā€™m reading DIY stuff). Though not always the case (as sometimes a poor vg or pg or even nic can be the problem) most often IMO itā€™s the fact that either the new person is unaware of "the alcohol factor, or forgot to consider it.

I would be willing to bet that thereā€™s nothing wrong with anything, and that itā€™s just part of the learning curve that comes with learning to DIY mix.

Some flavors have more alcohol than others, and some have no alcohol at all. Given the variances, youā€™ll have to learn (and make note of) which flavors you need to breathe, and for how long.

After youā€™ve mixed a batch (especially if you use heat, you need to let it cool to room temperature) youā€™ll need to remove the cap and let it breathe for anywhere from 1 to 24 hours (varies depending on manufacturer, and particular flavor -even when the same company is used).

Good luck, and welcome to ELR!

@JoJo is great with links for this kind of thing, and as Iā€™m on my phone, Iā€™ll leave it to someone else who might be able to share those far faster than I ATM.

These links? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Use 5% Distilled Water to cut your mix. Bam - Smooth.

I find those flavors harsh when bought directly ready madeā€¦

I agree go with more common but great flavors Fa fw caps inawera Tfa never really had a harsh mix with any even when first starting out. Geez didnā€™t realize how old this thread was lol oh well!

Jamie1234 what did you find out with this? Iā€™ve been diying for about a year and I have the exact same problem. I use vampire vape vamptoes which is great every time but everything else I make is harsh unless I mix it with vamp vape. This is doing my head in! Iā€™ve tried so many different flavours and strengths of mixes with no luck. I donā€™t think itā€™s my vg or nic as its fine with vamptoes. Please help me!!

Vamptoes is a one shot, right? It probably has sucralose in it. Do you add sweetener to your other mixes? Have you tried mixing with similar flavors to Vamptoes? Like Blackcurrant, Raspberry and Strawberry.

Maybe itā€™s not your juice.

Try lowering your temp (TC) or your wattage.

Have you used stainless steel wire? Good and clean 316L.

Obviously, clean coils and clean wickingā€¦

1 Like

Hi thereā€¦thanks for replying. I do add sweeteners and I have the same problems. I have since tried mixing nic free and it is clean and smooth on mixes that weā€™re previously harshā€¦just strange i didnā€™t get this with vamptoesā€¦which yes, is a one shot. I have tried again with half the nic I usually use (usually 6mg) and with 3mg of nic harsh again.

1 Like

Buy new nic.
Does it have a peppery aftertaste?
If at any point you think your nic is the problem buy a one shot of nic an try that .
I had the same problem in the past just brought new mix a higher concentrate and havenā€™t looked back

Not really a peppery aftertasteā€¦just harsh and dry. After my 0 nic test, I did but some more nicā€¦higher concentrate and I mixed at 3mg as opposed to the 6mg I usually mix. I did buy it from the same place though. Recommendations for a good clean nic?

Iā€™m in the UK and recently been using nicotine72 and havenā€™t had a single problem

Nicotine72mg.co.uk sorry thatā€™s the site.
Used makemyvape once an the mix from there was terrible

Thanks for thatā€¦ive just checked out the site and noticed they are about 5 mins away from where I live! Weird thoughā€¦as I got my nic from the ecig store warehouse on the same estateā€¦thinking it could possibly be them too!?? Iā€™ll check it out and let you know.