Help with flav %'s

Sweet Strawberry won’t shine at 2%. If you look at the top rated recipes using it you will see like Unicorn Milk for example it is used at 8.5%. And to me the Strawberry doesn’t come through really strong in that recipe. So like others have stated, look at each flavor. Look at the top rated recipes using it and base your recipe on what you gather from that research. It helps to find recipes similar to yours (good luck with that one LOL). I am not much of a menthol person either

One thing I did notice…are you trying for 8.34mg nicotine? Just seems like a really odd number. And for your first mix, you should really only mix 5-10ml. If your very first mix bombs and you made 50ml that is a lot of juice to throw away.

3 Likes

[quote=“LordVapor, post:11, topic:37889”]
If you look at the top rated recipes using it you will see like Unicorn Milk for example it is used at 8.5%. And to me the Strawberry doesn’t come through really strong in that recipe.
[/quote]… So true. I use 10% sweet strawberry in the unicorn milk version I make and it’s not overpowering at all. And you’ll find out, just like I did that steeping IS VERY IMPORTANT :wink:

But don’t be afraid to ask and please do experiment… Just make small batches and when you find a good one make more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great Success! On the first mix did it yesterday morning when everythin arrived and as i am so impatient! Tried it just now just to see how it was going and it tasted lovley strawberry and a subtle menthol on it! I ended up using 6% strawberry and 4% menthol! :+1::+1::+1:

5 Likes

Congrats. Good job. Suggest you work on the patients though, your mixes may taste much better after a good natural steep.

1 Like

Lol i have the same problem. Its hard to wait for something to steep when its already so damn good. And i love motgers milk and unicorn milk. And i haven’t yet found one that was close to either one.

congrates on having a good first attempt. Mine took 15 small batches before I said “yay”. I would say that you should keeping testing the flavor in the juice over the next week. You may find you want to tweak the recipie after 4-8 days steeping. Or you may note it as a shake and “must” vape right away. One of my simple two ingredient recipies started off great after 24 hours rest, but on the 4th day one of the flavors started to take over. I knew I did want to drop the amount of either flavor but wanted a juice that could be good 5 days later so I increased the primary flavor just a touch and now that flavor is still the primary flavor after 5 days rest

2 Likes

I made a mother’s milk clone. And one of the main ingredients was way overwhelming. I was like oh crap. Well i let it sit for a month. Shaking from time to time. And today i put it in my crown and i love it. So just saying what you taste from the start may not be what you get ofter it has time to steep.

3 Likes

havent tried it put that was in the recepie setion!

That is the recipe I have like 750ml of steeping right now. To me it is the actual recipe for UM. Which is one of my favorites. Whenever I use a flavor in that recipe I use those percentages for a starting point.

So the recipe is good right i just ordered the flav i didnt have to make this!?

I made it and it’s good. Members here make better recipes if you know who to follow.

1 Like

I changed it up a little.

1 Like

There’s a chart floating somewhere on the internet for certain brands, on how much to use. My rule is, 5% any time I’m trying a new recipe. That’s 5% total. So if it’s only two flavors, do 3.5/1.5, or something like that. Once you find which flavors stand out, add less or more from there, make 10ml’s lol. That’s the best advice anyone has given me so far.

1 Like

Yeah if your unsure. 10mil is safe place to make a sample so you don’t wast a lot of flavors. But that persentage seems way low to me. But i damn sure don’t know all lol :frowning:

It’s mentioned here I think:

Different brands make things at different strengths. 5% seems way low for Capella, but kinda on the high end for Flavour Art. I always check here :: Flavor list e-Liquid Calculator. :smile:

2 Likes

With flavourart i’ve found 5-10% to be a good range for mixes. TFA usually 10-15% for mixes. I’ve found that some flavors need like 5% by themselves, and others as low as .5%. That’s why i start low, and work my way up. I remember I put like 14% pineapple one time, and i swear to this day i can still taste it in my dripper, even though it’s a completely new build.

3 Likes

Any1 got this flavour %

the unicorn milk leaked one! Ordered all the concentrates which have arrived and cant fond the recepie :frowning:

It’s to the right - zoom out, go in landscape mode or scroll to the right :smile:

1 Like

looks like he took a screenshot instead of saving the link - is this the one you mean, @Rhunwills?