Help with my DIY

… I use both to ensure I’m correct and make sure it’s weighed to exact

Both what?

I would consider yourself lucky about not being able to taste the glazed doughnut. I unfortunately fall into the crowd that tastes play dough at no matter what percentage I use it at. I threw last of 60ml i had of that flavor straight in the trash and ruined nearly 1000ml of juice trying to get it to work for me. It just wasn’t in the cards for me. I have since found other combinations of flavors that got me in the right direction for doughnuts.

Where did you get your flavors from? Have you tried using a different atty to try these mixes out at a lower wattage? I would recommend the original cleito at 45w to start. The cleito 120 is sort of an all or nothing juice hog. Hard to get much flavor from that or at least for me. It burns through coils too fast and requires too much power to work decently.

Second I would recommend separating your flavors into tester’s at 5% each and take some notes on how they work for you personally and find out what sf and mixed percentages work for you to achieve the flavor you are looking for with what you have at hand.

Third be patient and try and use the search. I have found so much useful info in this forum. Most questions I personally have were already asked and answered by people with tons of experience mixing. We are lucky to have this wealth of inforation free to all its there you just gotta do some digging and find what works for you.

3 Likes

Posted similar before but got left with no help… the flavours are there… but very week and more of just a sweet taste than any actual flavour… tasting more of the blue berry jam than anything, something wrong or more steep?..Screenshot_20170809-185649|243x500

How long did ou let it steep? With your VG at 86% steep time is increased… takes a lot longer to get those flavors settled and balanced in all that VG. Another thing to consider is what kind of setup are you using to test the liquid? Have you adjusted your watts or your build if your using a rebuildable setup? I would say if you wanted more blueberry flavor you should consider adding something alongside the blueberry jam… it’s ok by itself but it needs help to really bring out the blueberry… I use it a lot with blueberry extra tpa also adding other fruit flavors can help blueberry shine for example I might use 0.25% Fuji apple FA to help the blueberry along hth

3 Likes

If let it steep for 8 days from today and I always start watts off low and build up to see if their is any difference but was just more of a sweeter taste and just want a bit of everything out the mix, guessing more blueberry as it’s the highest % and only other fruit I have is strawberry? Any good?

As @Jayrell said to mimic a BB, u may need to add more then one flavor BB to the mix. You can also add small amount of complimenting flavor that has the same acids. I found this lil diddy :
"Blueberries have two curious flavor allies: cinnamon and lemon. I sometimes add a generous measure of either one of these flavorings to blueberry desserts, giving me a lemon-blueberry pie filling or a blueberry-cinnamon bar. But you don’t even need to go that far. Just a tiny amount—a squeeze of lemon or a pinch of cinnamon—enhances the berries’ own fruity flavor, much the same way vanilla extract complements chocolate. Such a small amount of cinnamon or lemon won’t be detectable in the finished dessert, but it will add perceptible depth and complexity. Even in recipes that don’t call for either, I almost always add one or the other, often both, and am delighted with the results."
Finding other flavors to compliment each other:
http://www.bartek.ca/pdfs/BulletinsMalic/Improving%20the%20Flavor%20of%20Fruit%20Products%20with%20Acidulants.pdf
The other flavors in the mix do need a good week to steep tho.

2 Likes

Thank you!!

np, also to share a mix that is private just click the blue wrench where u adapt,edit, etc and click share url privately, then copy/paste the link at the bottom so u dont have to screenshot

1 Like

im not trying to be a dick here but @Gambit117 and i both went through this with you on two other threads , " No real help " what was it fake help, we both walked through your recipes with you and repeated what @worm1 and @Jayrell have said , we gave you percentages and told you to let it steep and this was only a few days ago so how has it steeped for 8 days , i see you have lowered yiur cheesecake from 12pct but i also see that it V2 now which shouldnt matter too much , you have added other bakery type flaves instead of backing up you blueberry jam with another fruit , as both gambit and i told you to do and since you dont have another blueberrry your either going to have to find another complimenting fruit to help the BB even strawberry will help YOU HAVE BEEN HELPED , your just not listening and you going different routes and adding the wrong things, look you have been helped to start a thread with that title after you have two to three other threads with this same recipe is a slap i. the face to both me and gambit117 and anyone else who helped on the other threads , anyway im done this person doesnt want help he wants a magic trick that gets them what they want @worm1 @Jayrell have fun much love to both of you

note : "help with my diy"and “doing anything wrong” was the name of these other threads that @Cutlass92 @Gambit117 and myself said pretty much the same things btw im not trying to take anything away from what @Jayrell or @worm1 has said the title just pissed me off a little bit

5 Likes

At this point, I think the best advice I can give u is…it would be a good idea to test all your flavors as a stand alone flavor. It’s hard to know what a flavor is going to add to a recipe when u don’t know what it even tastes like by itself. Also it seems to me that you’re expecting results way faster than you’ll actually get them. If your recipe was fruit only, I’d say your 8 days would be enough. But bakery/cream flavors will take at least a couple of weeks to steep. And that cheesecake is gonna need around 3 weeks steep time. I don’t want u getting discouraged, but saying you’re receiving no help isn’t fair to those who are trying to help u out.

3 Likes

Thanks to your response means alot! And was more to the statement of not getting a reply from where to go from their I got told what setup I have and also my % and no-one had any input on the questions they asked me that’s all

1 Like

Thank you
!!