Hidden science behind normal and accelerated e-Liquid steeping

most probably the PG/VG ratio, try 50/50 as that is the ratio most vape shops use.

2 Likes

The vape shop most likely has been steeped/aged

Give your mix a week. If itā€™s still sharp add 0.5% marshmallow FA. Or 0.25% fresh cream FA. Or other cream on a low percent.

1 Like

Great post. Thanks :+1:

1 Like

Currently unavailable, but keep your eye on it, they may just get one in.
https://www.oreillyauto.com/flux-capacitor

3 Likes

AWESOME!!! to bad its not for sale

1 Like

So if you jumped 2 mo. into the future to grab some juice then crossed back to the present would your juice get younger or would it be steeped? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Damn well better be steeped!

3 Likes

I think the question is whether having the same juice from two different times in the same place would cause a quantum event.

5 Likes

Iā€™m secretly working on my ELRhaydron E-Juice Collider as we speak
ā€¦Muhaha Muuuhahahha

9 Likes

In industrial mixing and steeping operations (yes there is Industrial Steepingā€¦ this is how cosmetic and pharmaceutical cream and hundreds of other products are made. )

There is no ā€œsecret scienceā€ā€¦ Industrial scale mixing operation have been explored in detail.

Here is a link to a company that knows all about it. This link is a vast resource that will help the vaper and DIY mixologist explore the ā€œscientificā€ process of micro-mixing and blending of flavor molecules at the micron level.

http://www.silverson.com/us/process/

Click around at this site, it is very extensive and you can get lost for hours exploring the subject.

ā€œsteepingā€ is just dispersing the flavor components at the micron level in a uniform manner thoughout the liquid carrierā€¦

if you need to blend liquids of differing viscosities, emulsify, homogenize, disintegrate, solubilize, disperse powders, reduce particle size or accelerate reactions, ā€¦ a High Shear mixer can do this and more, cutting your mixing time by up to 90 percent.

5 Likes

@50YearsOfCigars awesome! your rite I totally got lost. I want.

1 Like

@UncleJoe
Iā€™m assuming you mean water is a catalyst and anticatylist? Just asking. Steeping is a chemical reaction correct? Or is it homogenization? I think the system you are speaking of is a buffer system when using just a little water? Itā€™s been a long time since chem 1 for me but H20 can be an acid (H+) and a base (OH-) at the same time in the same solution.

I know that distilled water can also be both an acid or base in a solution at the same time. I donā€™t remember if you will see a chemical reaction go to completion using water as a catalyst though. I know water is used as a catalyst though in many equations.A low amount of water wouldnā€™t act as a buffer system if a bond between the 2 catalyzed chems released oxygen or hydrogen as a byproduct.

I also remember when I was 16 working on pools youā€™d play hell keeping the pH balanced if you didnā€™t dump a ton of potash (alkali) into the water first, then add chlorine (Hypochlorous acid) until the pH balanced itself. At that point, it was a buffer system. Both the acid and the base were in such high concentration in the water that the pool became (becomes) a buffer system as H20 is constantly ionized to offset each chemical.

Ok, Iā€™m super tired so Iā€™m using the text as thought process notes. If Iā€™m wrong about all of this. Iā€™m going to bed now anyway so no need to tell me to just go to bed roflmao.

2 Likes

I known this thread isnā€™t still ways awayf rom anhabut?

2 Likes

Whatā€™s an anhabut? :smile:

4 Likes

ā€œIā€™m going to bed now anyway so no need to tell me to just go to bedā€
Yet here i am more confused than the last

1 Like

Gee where have I seen this beforeā€¦oh yeahā€¦same link Iā€™ve posted at least 50 times. (He was likely first)

5 Likes