High Wattage Cinnamon Flavor?

I’m looking for a cinnamon flavor that can handle high heat and not taste like crap. Anyone have experience in this? I want to make my own churro using Cap funnel cake, some Cap sugar cookie (or real flavors cause its pretty tasty all by itself), maybe a little FW yellow cake, some TFA graham craker, and finally a nice light cinnamon dusting the outside. I’ve used TFA cinnamon spice and its way too strong and breaks down when it gets too hot. I’ve also tried CAP churro flavor and it was ok, but I want something more.

although I love eating cinnamon, I really can’t vape it without it aggravating my throat…however, I’ve found the truest tasting version to be Rich Cinnamon by Flavorah. It’s delicious and the truest I’ve tried yet. Not sure how it would handle high heat, but I think you should give it a try and find out. A teeny tiny bit goes a long way with this one.

4 Likes

I’ve no clue, but I’m currently attempting the same and I’m having no luck. Mind if I tag along and see what others might have to say?

As to a good cinnamon flavor, have you tried Rich Cinnamon(FLV)? It’s probably the truest bakery cinnamon I’ve found and I’ve gone through a few. Cinnamon Celyon, CDS, Cinnamon Roll…Rich Cinnamon is my favorite of all of them. Be careful-a little goes a LOOOOONG way. I think the highest I’ve gone in a mix is 0.5% and it was too much-I keep it around 0.3% typically.

3 Likes

Why do you have to have high wattage?

1 Like

Well its not that I have to have high wattage, but I do like vaping around 65 watts which to cinnamon is very hot. Usually the cinnamon flavor breaks down around 30 watts. The juices I’ve mixed with cinnamon do amazingly great in a small mtl device like a nautilus mini or icare, but you try and vape it in an rda or other rebuildable, running something as small as a pair of fused claptons, you’re gonna get this nasty, burnt awful taste in your mouth. I’ve vaped One Up’s “ice cream and churros” so I know theres a high heat cinnamon out there that tatses great. Its just matter of finding it. It might even be another flavor that, when mixed with other flavors, create a nice, simulated cinnamon. Who knows

2 Likes

I see. Well? What if you configured your fused clapton a little differently so that you are only using 28-30w? A 6 wrap 2z28 kanthal wrapped with 40g SS316L on a 3mm rod will be around .3ohms. It probably will be easier on your cinnamon. At least it works well with my cinnamon pecan mix. Just an idea. I’ll have to side with @Lostmarbles on the rich cinnamon. Doesn’t take much at all and it’s great with bakery.

2 Likes

Thanks @Lostmarbles for the tip! I havent tried rich cinnamon yet but from what everyone else is saying I think I need it in my arsenal! I forgot to add that I’ve also used Caps cinnamon danish swirl with pretty good results.

I’m happy to have you along @paingawd I’m excited to see where this journey takes us! We might learn something :yum:

2 Likes

Not sure what you call high wattage - but flv rich cinnamon is the bomb - go easy with it as it is strong af. I have an apple cin mix that is good in tc 300c at 120 joules (stupid ipv settings lol)

1 Like

I hate joules too lol. Next flavor order will have some rich cin in it for sure. I think my high wattage comment didnt come across so good. Im really only talking about 50-80 watts, nothing crazy high like 150w or something. I did some reseasch online a while back and thats how discovered the break down in cin flavor. Now I just want to find one that is made for higher temps. I’ve tried commercial juices that, when you vape it hot, really makes the cin pop. I’ve also noticed its usually a bakery type cin.

1 Like

I have a love hate relationship with cinnamon. For me it’s only good when it doesn’t linger and build up on my palette during chain vapage. My favorite Cinnamon based recipe (and many others too) is Sugar Rush by ThirdWorldOrder. Looking at that example …maybe 1% CDS would kick your Churro enough to be cinnamon-ey all day. Dunno about the high temp results.

Another strong cinnamon gets high praise for “authentic” taste but also super strong (0.25%?) is Cinnamon Ceylon (FA). One thing I know is these quests can adsorb lots of your time …your brain has this expectation (?) Best of luck on your Cinnamon Quest :wink: Nothing better than a hot churro!

4 Likes

Damn right hot churros are delish! Once I get a good churro flavor I want to layer it with other flavors like cream cheese, or blue razz for a cinnamon dusted toaster strudel flavor, and of course…ice cream!

1 Like

Like: 1 drop per 30ml.:wink:

2 Likes

Surely it could hold up to heat only using that much lol

1 Like

I appreciate everyone sharing. I love the info I get here :blush:

2 Likes

Don’t know if this helps but I second cinnamon danish swirl. vape @70 watts on rda w no problems also not the best flavor probably not the cinnamon type your looking for more like redhots but cinnamon coffee cake holds up extremely well at high watts! I’ve made a lovely coffee cake recipe with it at 2./. And danish swirl along with other flavorings and it tastes great at high wattage! Mixed with the other cinnamon flavorings and kept low it’s not really redhotty after a good steep. http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1509714/Cinnamon%20Roll%20Coffee%20Cake%20(GR)Original

2 Likes

I haven’t had any trouble in the 50-70w range with Cinnamon Ceylon. I actually have one recipe that I make with it at 4% (I know, it sounds cray cray but I love it). At 4% it does stick around on your tongue for a while (imagine that… :smirk: ) and it definitely needs a good steep to settle into it’s place, but I’ve never noticed any off flavors or burning from it.

2 Likes

I have Euro Flavors Apple Cinnamon mixed standalone at 5%, I hadn’t tried it yet but for the sake of this thread I went and grabbed it and tested it at a few different wattages.
35w: apple, faint. Cinnamon, tastes like big red gum.
45w: more apple, cinnamon still tastes good.
( barf! Dry hit! :nauseated_face: drip drip… Ahhh)
55-65w: sweet juicy apple, cinnamon still tastes fine
75w: cinnamon is starting to turn a little bitter.

I know you weren’t specifically asking about apple cinnamon, but I figured I’d throw it out there in case it sounded good to you. It’s more of a red cinnamon than a bakery cinnamon, but it’s very tasty and would work in your prefered wattage range.

Edit: my coil is at .4ohms

4 Likes

That recipe does sound pretty tasty! I’m not big on candy flavored vapes. More on bakery, dessert, custard flavors. I havent messed with cinnamon flavors much tbh. I originally got some to make a doughnut pounder clone recipe i found on here and after a good 2 week steep i tried it and it tasted like shit! Thats when i read about cin and heat. I took and added some extra nic and pg to the mix and tried it in my nautilus @ 10w…delicious! One of my adv’s for mtl stuff. I need to experiment more with cin danish swirl and see what turns up. I wonder if it would be better with a few drops of rich cin?

@GalacticResidue has some good recipes. He’s a new member here but he ain’t no new mixer! Check em out! I have a couple in my Adapt bucket…

4 Likes

Thx @BoDarc appreciate the shout out homie! You have some bangers too! Thx again :blush:

2 Likes