HOG Vs CLONE - Who Makes The Boss HOG

Ya pretty much - if i can get it to work without sticking I would be happy to recommend it but as is I wouldn’t.

@benjy337 I will drop you a pm as soon as i can get chrome to copy the recipe .

3 Likes

Nicely done @woftam. I just wish I would have read this before I bought the clone from 3Fvape :laughing:

2 Likes

It is not super bad and it is fixable - i wouldn’t touch it unless you have and issue - the button seems to be worse if you press it in the top half.

2 Likes

It’s all good. I probably won’t be using it that much anyway. The main reason I got the clone was to put the Steam Crave Titan on it, and because it was around $130 U.S. cheaper than the authentic

2 Likes

Good review @woftam !
It only cost me $10 for the Clone with a coupon I had. So if it has firing issues I don’t mind putting it on a shelf and letting it watch while I enjoy my WR. But as soon as I get more batteries I’m gonna give him a go regardless. Thanks for the warning.
BTW that 4 Horseman version is a sexy beast.

5 Likes

It is totally, a awesome looking mod

7 Likes

Brilliantly done brother, a very honest and thought provoking write up, sweet mod too cons aside 🖒 thanks man :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Cheers mate

2 Likes

Nice review!

Didn’t that make it hard to get the glass down on each one? /rimshot

I’d be happy to send scissors…but then again, I guess the wick in between them could double as a carry handle. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Great job petal. Fab idea with the blind test :+1:

3 Likes

Lol @Sprkslfly where are the whatnots when u need em.

@Lolly thanks love :hugs:

3 Likes

Thank you for the review!

2 Likes

You are most welcome - hope it was helpful.

2 Likes

One should never be shy or afraid to review or buy and use a “clone” device. It’s sad this is still a thing. At least 90% of all devices out there are clones of the original tube,or box mech made. Same goes for rdas. There has never been nor will there ever be a small business close down because folks bought a copy of their products from Asia.

Whatever helps get a person of tobacco based units and keeps them off them well that’s a win for vaping. I had an authentic mod of mine do what this button did to you. Turns out there was a stray drop of silicone that landed partly on it and next to it that was causing it to stick. I picked it off and all was well. Vaping saves more lives than fruit loops. :grinning:

2 Likes

I would be interested in that recipe as well if you would be so kind to share. I must say that this write up was one of the nicer ones I’ve read on a while. Thank you

2 Likes

I haven’t used the hog clone very much yet, but so far I have had no issues with a sticky button. The only issue I’ve had is getting the battery door open when there are no batteries in it.

3 Likes

I need to quit my job and ignore my family, I totally missed this excellent review. Thanks a lot of the comparison, that was real helpful and the advocacy links are a great idea.

3 Likes

Will the clone top plate fit a original v3 ? Thx

3 Likes

The dimensions were exactly the same from memory but I don’t have the clone anymore to check the thread size. Sorry, I can’t be more helpful.

2 Likes

Yeah I noticed that dimensions are exact same but clone weights considerably more, thanks for the reply :wink::+1:

2 Likes