Honest conversation about pre-prepping and FDA Deeming Regs

Love it. I’ve got an SX ml class, and SX mini Q mini, and a G class. Wonderful mods! In my opinion they stack rank better than DNA. Great performers.

5 Likes

My stuffed Animal from the Grand Children.

6 Likes

If the Feds have their way and decide to really screw the vaping industry, wouldn’t the end result be similar to reloading ammunition? As that stands right now, reloaders can buy all the components to make their own bullets but cannot sell to anyone without an FFL(federal firearms license) and a special permit to manufacture ammunition. The US marshal service or other federal agent comes to your place and inspects the operation monthly. So even if they do something on that model, we would still be ok; just have to pay a bit more for nicotine. As far as batteries go, the same batteries are used in other applications other than mods.

3 Likes

I’ve seen it go both ways. Carbon tetrachloride was a chemical used in the dry cleaning industry and was an amazing solvent. The feds claimed it could be used as an ingredient to make a bomb and made it virtually impossible to get. That was in the 70’s. If you look it up today, Wiki and others will site it’s health risks for being controlled. An interesting scenario.

4 Likes

I’m thinking about getting either the Q mini or the G. I’m leaning toward the Q, cause not only is it a bit less expensive (quite a bit, actually- I can find it for $150.00, but the G for $220.00,) but I think it looks pretty sharp, and I suspect I’ll like the form factor a bit better. And I’m a bit unsure about the whole joystick thing… I do wonder if the new board is enough better that I should look harder at the G though.

I’m also wondering if I might regret getting a moderately expensive mod that doesn’t squonk. I’m just getting into squonking, so I don’t know for sure, but I could see myself liking squonking enough that I’d get limited use out of a non-squonk mod.

Everyone seems to be out of moderately-priced squonk mods with decent electronics though, aside from the VT Inbox. I have one of those on the way. I’d really like an LV Drone, but no one seems to have them in stock. I’m considering getting a slightly higher-end squonk mod, but I don’t really want to spend >$200.00 on one until I’m sure I’ll like squonking.

3 Likes

All good considerations for sure. The Q class is every bit as accurate and full functioned regarding “the vape” as the G class. The G class offers a few more features regarding the esthetics of the screen. The joy stick is robust and works well on the G class. I honestly love both of them. I like the Q in the car. It matches the Mazda 6 interior theme nicely. I like the G for those black tie occasions. Puttin on the ritz, lol. Goes great with cuff links and a bow tie. Squanking; your out of my league. I just can’t wrap my head around a squeeze bottle of liquid in my mod. I’ve got three Ammit 25 single coils and two reload clones that put out equal flavor to my best RDA’s. I still dig my RDA’s for at home when I’m feeling like this flavor then that flavor in small quantities and I’m ok with keeping the squeeze bottle separate from my mod. I would imagine you have time. I see the YiHi mods as staying on the market longer than a lot of mods.

4 Likes

18650 batteries are used in a lot of flashlights and hunting applications like laser lights. Not a laser sight but a 300yd laser light for nighttime predator hunting.

4 Likes

So you think I could find them at hunting stores like Bass pro and Cabela’s

3 Likes

Yeah, I guess I’ve just had less luck with RTAs than with RDAs. They seem a lot more finicky, and it’s always a struggle to figure out how to properly build on each one. Whereas my good RDAs just work, and work well. I do a kind of modified Scots roll that uses enough cotton that I can get quite a few draws out of just saturating the wicks, but it’s still a bit of a pain having to drip pretty regularly. If squonking can get me the best aspects of an RDA without its downsides… well, I could see myself being very sold on that and not looking back.

The downside is that I kind of like my mods to be as compact as possible. I’m only chilling at home on the weekends- during the week I leave home at 8:00 and often don’t get back till 9:00 or 10:00. For daily use I often just carry a $22.00 mod that’s entirely hidden in my breast pocket even with an RDA on it. Putting a bottle in a mod does tend to make it larger ;).

2 Likes

I did a quick search on Cabella’s and found that the do sell an 18650 battery charger. They also sell about 2.8 kabillion flashlights. Sorry, not going through each one to see if it uses an 18650.

3 Likes

Batteries? Yeah, Li batteries aren’t going anywhere. They are the last thing I would worry about.

5 Likes

You got that right in regard to RTA’s. Again, I’m retired and have time and find it fun to putz with wicking. They are finicky. Once you find the right wire, right build, right wicking they can be amazing. Until then they can simply be a pain in the ass. Don’t look at the SX mini ml class for a breast pocket. It’s small enough but it weighs a ton! It’s a tank but you would have a lot of shirt sag, lol.

3 Likes

Yeah not really worried it’s more of a worst case scenario thing just in case the government and big tobacco attacks everything we need to vape. Because I am completely unwilling to go back to cigarettes.

5 Likes

Thank you hopefully I can buy them in the store. If I need to in the future.:+1:

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m afraid my ideal mod is an impossibility. It would be the size and weight of an iStick Pico, have a good board, three batteries, and a squonk bottle ;). And, as long as I’m fantasizing, it would cost twenty bucks.

Since that’s not possible, I guess I have to figure out which tradeoffs are best for me under different circumstances. The extra size of squonk mods really is a big downside for me, but the appeal of squonking is strong ;).

4 Likes

Lol, I was going to mention the pico but you already have a pocket mod. What you are describing would truly be an amazing mod.

3 Likes

Yep, the Pico is the mod I was referring to. I have more expensive mods, I have mods with better electronics, but I keep reaching for the Pico because of its size. When I drop it in a breast pocket I get no real shirt-sag ;). You’d have to look hard to tell that I had anything in there at all. And it doesn’t hurt that it costs $22.00 or so… probably the best value I’ve ever gotten from a piece of vape equipment. I sound like an eLeaf rep here though ;).

The Pico Squeeze is kind of appealing for similar reasons, but… in order to keep it small they took out the electronics and made it essentially a protected mech. Not sure I’m down with that. Also, I’d like to at least try using TC more. I don’t trust cheap boards to do TC properly.

4 Likes

It’s possible. Several laser designators or high discharge green and red flood lights use them. I’m surprised the 18650 aren’t used more because they are so good plus rechargeable. Could check online.

2 Likes

Thanks but I’m trying to eliminate the internet, because I think that is where they are going to lay down regulations if they do regulate at all.

2 Likes

I doubt that cause companies don’t make a battery or a flavor or VG or PG just for the vaping industry. We also use tweezers and side cutters for our wire. Those are used elsewhere as well. Whatever they do we always find a way around it meaning enjoy what we have and don’t worry about it until or if they decide to fry our balls.

2 Likes