Honest conversation about pre-prepping and FDA Deeming Regs

Actually RC Battery’s are usually high drain!

2 Likes

In regard to the vape, form and fit are identical between the Q and G. Very accurate processors. The joystick is robust. The Q does have a very intuitive menu system. I love both of them. The Q is a daily and the G is black tie only. Either are top of the heap imho.

3 Likes

Yes. Exactly what I’ve read from a number of reviews. The SXMinn G Class continues to be a tried and true device, and has been on my “Wish List” for so long, but I couldn’t pull the trigger because of the price. However Black Friday & Cyber Monday are around the corner. So since they continue to be a much loved device by you, and so many others I will definitely keep my eye on it compared to the iPV Eclipse. Decisions. Decisions.

3 Likes

I personally think if you can snag a Q for 150 or less you will be more pleased. The yihi chips in the IPV’s are paired down. There is always some corners cut on the IPV devices too. I have an IPV8 and although it functions well the paint chips easily and the battery door flies open often. The Q is the nearest to flawless of any device I have owned or encountered.

5 Likes

Keyword - Flawless. ARGH! Someone compared the two perfectly IMHO - The G Class is like owning a Rolls Royce and the IPV is like owning a Kia Optima - fantastic & reliable, but not as luxurious.

4 Likes

Lol, Yup, they will both get you where you want to go reliability but the two experiences are totally different. Great analogy.

5 Likes

It’s definitely pretty, and probly worth at least considering at that price. I’m more in the market for a regulated squonk mod with a decent board at the moment, but I’ll keep an eye on that.

1 Like

Yep, I’m a bit leery of the Eclipse for the reasons you and Walt are talking about. But… at the price you posted I’d seriously consider it as a backup mod. Unfortunately they’re out of stock at the moment, and everyone else who has it seems to have it for $30.00 more.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s the hard part. Finding the best deal. But the frugal Asian blood runs strong in my veins, and I will search for the best price for you if you’re still interested. Also, what do you think of the Wotofo Ram?

2 Likes

Ah, well I’m a Scot, and I think we can give Asians a run for their money, or at least unwillingness to part with it. A great-great-great uncle of mine (I think I have that right) was actually pretty famous at one point for his miserliness.

The Ram certainly looks good, and seems reasonably priced. Not quite what I’m looking for, as it’s a single-battery mech, and what I’m interested in in a squonker right now is a double-battery regulated squonker with a good board, but it looks like a it might be a bargain if it is what you’re looking for.

If you do see the Eclipse at the same price as it is at EFunTop, but in stock, let me know. I’m curious about how the board differs from the ones in the yihi mods though, since Walt says it’s pared down. EFunTop says it’s the same board as in the yihi G-Class, but that seems wrong, since the G-class seems to use the 550J chipset. The Q seems to use the 450J, and the Eclipse uses the sx410/sx420, apparently. I might have to do some Googling and try to figure out what the significant differences between them are. Thanks!

3 Likes

Very interesting @Walt3

@Cutlass92 You’re right, one of my co-workers is an avid RC guy, and that’s confirmed.

1 Like

Hey Leilani, Abort on the SX Q Mini!!! I just picked up on a little fun fact I had missed. It only has a 22mm 510 platform. Atties above 22mm won’t fit flush. They changed it up with the SX Mini Q Mini but that one is sitting real stable @ $200.00. Bummer!

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure I just heard my Theorem sneer at you! :flushed: And I’m pretty sure that the Troll v2 would too (if I had one…) :laughing:

2 Likes

@Leilani It looks really nice, and I’ve not seen that one yet…

1 Like

Lol, I get that. Here’s the catch. I use mostly temperature control and stainless wire. Most 22mm atties are dual coil. That makes for one each very low resistance atty. Together with that, all of the stellar flavor atties are 25mm. I have a couple of Ammit single coil 22’s that have pretty good flavor but that’s about it. The rest of my 22’s are ho hum except for a few RDA’s. I personally think YiHi messed up big time producing a 200W mod with a 22mm platform. Just didn’t think that one through.

4 Likes

Same here. And I use either a paralleled (my own unique method) ss Clapton (26/36) or fused ss Clapton (2x26/32). typically built out to 2.8mm ID, and ohming out between 0.2 - 0.23, so I get what you’re saying about limited options…

Does seem a bit off, I agree.
But I often find myself landing in the “exception” niche. :wink:

2 Likes

lol, me too. I have a tendency to look for things most folks don’t care about.

3 Likes

Check out the Envii Artisan. It’s a 22mm single coil with stellar flavor and it’s realy easy to build and wick.

http://www.vapecrawler.com/results/envii%20artisan

2 Likes

It looks interesting. I’m looking for a reviewer but so far I can only find a couple of Grog vapes channels. I’ll keep looking. Thanks for the tip!!!

1 Like