Honest question about nicotine storage

Do state your method of shaking your nic prior to dividing or mixing.

2 Likes

I transfer the nicotine in a condiment bottle (so I don’t have to expose the whole stash), I cover the tip and shake it brisky for about three minutes continually.

2 Likes

But do you shake the bejeesus out of it before transfer?

2 Likes

Absolutely… I use a paint can shaker/mixer for the original container

4 Likes

First off how old is the Juicy Peach? Is it PG (pretty sure it is but got to ask) What ratio did you mix to? What other flavors did you use? I’m on my second bottle of juicy peach it arrived last month, the first one was purchased in October of last year. I can’t tell the difference between them I made two batches of the same juice old JP in one and new JP in the other. I get my Nicotine in 60 ml bottles (100mg) and when they reach 1/4 full I don’t even put them bac in the fridge. Does your bottle of Nic have a DOB on it or an expiration date on it?

2 Likes

He said it was 36 mg nic so sniffing a little shouldn’t be an issue, I know a couple of people that used to vape 36

3 Likes

[quote=“ozo, post:10, topic:88967”]
No more coughing, or I will have to turn you into the CDC, so you can be in their statistics against vaping. :smile_cat:
[/quote]Hey be nice throwing your back out is worse than missing the nail head and hitting your fingernail full force with the hammer. He needs a good massage and a little time to relax.

4 Likes

When I do it which is rare I shake with one arm violently till it falls off then the other after the arms are shot I use my feet. then and only then maybe I’ll taste it. But usually not without an hour in the UC.

2 Likes

Ya, I’m sure…so you can get the toe jam off the bottles…bwahahaha

3 Likes

Yeah it don’t vape very well at all Yuck!!!
Kinda reminded me of the pizza flavored I tried once and only once I might add

3 Likes

Hey @Ozo, Has anyone ever tried using an aquarium pump and bubbling juice to mix it. I was looking for something the other day in my shed and stumpled across my back up pump from when I had my 50 gal aquarium. Later that day I was thinking about the main pump I had and how much turbulence I could create with it. I could shake up the fish if I turned it up high enough.

I was thinking run from a new pump through a carbon filter and into a mixing bottle for however long would mix it super good. Even if I created bubbles in the juice it would over the course of steeping eliminate them. Any thoughts pro or con would be appreciated :smile:

2 Likes

I surely haven’t, and doubt I would if I could, sounds like a mess to me.
The only way I have ever mixed is with a magnetic stirrer, but I have and have used
them for decades, long before there was e-juice, so that’s all I have used.
It works so well I would never entertain the thought of using anything different.
I have a frother, I use it for my milk every day. I have a Badger 121, I use it for herbal tinctures,
animal medicines, etc. I have magnetic stirrers, I use them for e-juice.
I am too old to change, eh?

2 Likes

Here’s another vote for mixing up a tiny batch of flavorless at the same nic strength to answer that question. If you still aren’t sure after that, a tiny batch of your taffy clone recipe at 0 nic would settle it.

I’m assuming you mean TFA juicy peach? If so, I don’t find that flavor noticeably harsh at 6% or less in a mix.

1 Like

OH I get that. Being a spring chicken myself, I get it. Not having used magnetic stirrers at all ever before I’m not already sold on them. I like the idea and even have procured an old computer fan that works very well, in fact I have two of them so I could make a double header if I ever get around to it. I’ve got everything I need except the on/off switches and the rheostats for speed control. One of these days I’ll get them and then have no choice but to build one

2 Likes

I saw a thread somewhere around here where someone talked about using an aquarium pump I believe… I’ll see if I can find it.

2 Likes

@ozo I have two larger glass bottles that have bail caps on them, they are wine cork sized (I already checked) I have several non cork wine corks that I hung onto for no real reason other than I tend to pack rat a little bit.

If I can accomplish two holes in the cork run tubing through them I can put a diffuser of sorts on one and run tubing into the bottle down to the bottom and around it once plug the end of it and put say 25 small holes in the tubing that goes around the bottom. It would be a juice bubbler for all intents and purposes. The diffuser would keep any droplets that might splash up yet not leave an open hole in the top. A pump for a 20 gal produces or rather moves one liter of air per minute. Half an hour on the pump would mix it quite well.

1 Like

I have no doubt it will accomplish some sort of mixing level, and to a pleasurable degree.

You already know what I prefer, and for a 50yr+ reason.

I am not against any ingenuity, innovative ideas, new methods, etc.
I am just set with proven experience [that I know] for blending liquids,
and seriously doubt this old fart will venture beyond my current method(s).

And please don’t misunderstand me, I will gladly discuss any options if anyone wishes me to,
and simply from my background in engineering and lab experience. I will always give my honest opinion.

I do care, and I am always willing and available to help with my limited knowledge…
despite that some have blatantly told me to GTFO. [albeit in private msg]

If anyone can show me how liquids can be blended BETTER than with a magnetic stirrer, I am open to learn,
and I require a lengthy explanation…and pics.

If a better method does exist, something never thought of, it would be worth a fortune. [on a liquid level, because the
atomic level has already been used in 1948]

1 Like

Your expertise and experience are always welcome with me.

Just a little update, after a day and a half, the mixture has toned down considerably, I even took the time to re-froth it twice during that time and it’s not nearly as harsh.

I guess the TFA Juicy Peach just has some kick to it initially, so be it.

To all that replied, thank you - it is most appreciated!

2 Likes

I came across my Whip-It which is used for making whipped cream using a nitrous oxide cartridge. …now you have me wondering what would happen if I filled it with e-juice? Oh… it’s gonna happen. I need to pick up a box of cartridges for the Holiday season anyway …maybe even some whipping cream :wink:

Hmmm Pumpkin Spiced Whip cream (and the other hundred flavors that come to mind). Is there a Whipped Cream Forum? I don’t don’t even wanna Google that… I have stuff to do today :smirk:

4 Likes

Dude Put your Nic straight in the fridge when you get it, I buy 500mls at a time and was storing in a cool dark place for the first 18 months of mixing, at first all my juices were great but slowly got harsher and harsher over time, So i set up a fresh coil on my RDA and decided to test my ingridients, Tried straight pg that was smooth, tried straight vg this was also smooth, put 1 drop of nic in with the vg and all hell broke loose. It felt like swallowing sand paper or something. So I went and ordered another 500mls and now store it in the fridge, my juice is now as smooth as the professional stuff you get in the glass dripper bottles… Hope this helps

2 Likes