Hotcig VT75 nano

Very quick warning for anyone thinking of buying a Hotcig Vt75 nano.
Mine arrived this week (FT circa £38).
It just wouldn’t play ball. (Overheating, burnt flavours - totally unreliable, no control possible and loads of mad error messages).
Tried Escribe “Atomiser Analyser” with a shorted atty. (I strapped the base posts with solid copper wire). It said 0.044 ohms! It should be about 0.005 or less.
Took the thing to pieces. Fixed stripped thread on one screw holding DNA board to case (that was the main culprit for the high case resistance). Removed paint on posts supporting the board (really bad QA there!). Tightened 510 case ring really tight (bad electrical design there). Atomiser Analyser now says 0.008 ohms, which, looking at the construction, is probably acceptable. Oh, and I “broke” (sanded down) the edges the threads of the battery cap to make it easier to screw in. (Really bad design there - inappropriate thread pitch and not finished properly).

Now it works really well (rock solid - excellent for TC with SS316 or NI200 so far); but I shouldn’t have had to do that much work on a new mod even if it was dirt cheap!

2 Likes

Either I have good luck or you have bad luck.

I have the VT75nano and it is flawless. I also have the VT250 and it is also perfect. I did have a VT133 that had a few imperfections in the fit and finish but was otehrwise a great mod.

2 Likes