How are all y'all?

I was just thinking of you a couple of days ago. Was wondering where the “custard man” went off to. Happy to see you back.

2 Likes

Im doing alright, suffered some more very close loses and it came close to destroying me. I guess im just at that age where i have started to contemplate my own mortality, as a result of so many around me passing, and i wasnt handling it to well, not well at all. Fortunately i have a strong family and mother who slapped me back from the brink.

Anyways, i am so very interested in hearing y’alls stories. I cant tell you how much i have missed you all and this place.

2 Likes

Im still vaping custard, hehe. In fact it is about all i vape as i havent mixed anything new in a few months now.

Thanks much!

2 Likes

Some of us has taken the leap in the Evolv DNA 200 world. It has been well received so far. I took y’alls advice and really focused on learning all I could about concentrated flavors… now my mixes have been coming out better than ever.

3 Likes

I havent even looked at a new product in months tho i need to get my wife something very nice for standing by my side through the good and ugly times. I was just reading about the evic mini on Fasttech. Any good?

Awesome that your mixing is going well, ill have to do some work to get back into the swing of things. Think ill be releasing my recipes, looks like the proposed FDA regs are not going to work out in our favor so i might as well share.

Ill bet you have a few hundred flavorings by now? hehe

3 Likes

I’ve heard several good replies about the Evic Mini… It’s very popular on ELR Forum and they say it’s working perfectly with SS temp control. There may be some good deals in the US.

I’m closing in on 500, but I only use a fraction of them. I bought a lot of junk flavors in the beginning, but I’m getting the good stuff now and it’s paying off.

@daath is having a giveaway… who knows, you may get lucky…

4 Likes

I had read about SS and the mini which is why i was looking at it, it is the only wire we use. Plus it is 60w on a single batt and quite cheap for a TC device. I might just get two as i havent had a new device since my Dovpo mini which i constantly use.

Five hundo, dayum! I hear ya on using a fraction of them. There are so many flavorings that i opened, smelled, tasted, closed and shelved. Ill have to take a look at your recipes, i have written any new ones in months.

Thanks for the giveaway link!

2 Likes

hey Ken I’m glad your back with us!!! there are some good new tanks out and alot of new people here take your time and catch up… glad ur ok

3 Likes

Mothers are the best for that. Pull you back in line and back down to earth. God bless our mothers!

4 Likes

The e vic mini has a cpl of updates on it now and takes it to 75w with ss in tc. Great little mod👍

4 Likes

I have two minis if that tells you anything. :wink: And I learned that while the Dovpo TC I got doesn’t like nickel, it loves Titanium. Works like a charm. So I have Ti builds on it and SS on the mini. I think you’d like it.

5 Likes

Good to have you back! Hope you will perk up with time passing :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Great to see you back, Ken. I pray you have peace for awhile.
Get ta Mixin’ !! :smile:

6 Likes

Hey stranger ! Finally the cat drug in something worthwhile ! When I saw your post I thought I was looking at old comments since we had not seen you in a while. Good to see it’s actually you joining the conversation again. Glad you’re back Ken !!!

7 Likes

@Ken_O_Where, it’s great to have you back with the family :smile: Sorry to hear about your losses. That’s always rough. We’re always here, so if you’re in need of a distraction and wanna talk nerdy about flavors or anything else, just fire up your browser :smile:

6 Likes

I just visited visited the Introduce yourself thread. You may need a to re-introduce yourself. The are so many noobs they may think your a new guy.:grinning:

5 Likes

That is a good idea.

Thank you all for the warm welcome, it is really good to be back among friends. Now i need to sit down and get back to mixing! I spent the last few days trying to catch up on the politics of vaping and last night trying to catch up on whats going on with flavorings.

Thanks for the info on the evic mini, the reviews are pretty awesome and since i can run SS in TC mode i think im sold. Going to grab a couple.

3 Likes

Welcome back Ken, and you wont be disappointed with the VTC mini.

3 Likes

Hi mate

I am still kinda new here so though i would say hi as you seem to be a well know member.

I myself am a custard chaser but still a little new to it and learning, i have brewed up a few pretty nice recipes they are in my profile as public. feel free to have a look. If you have any advice on them that would be cool.

I am also sorry for your loss and its nice to hear your partner stood by you they are rare gems and hard to find mate. My partner has helped me through horrible times too and every day i apreciate it.

This forum from my first impressions over the last few months is full of just pure genuine people and its ace, its really nice to see them all welcoming you back with open hearts and sometimes thats what you need. Its sounds a bit cliche but anything i can do mate i am here as well.

3 Likes

They are all so very kind and i see they have a new fantastic member, well quite a few. Welcome to this place. :smile:

I am one of those people who like a LOT of custard in my mixes, more than most i think. The lowest % would be 5, in some mixes, and the highest is 12% in some, one recipe was at 15% but i have since dropped it down as i use a little something to compliment it. Awhile back i found Cheesecake (LA) compliments the crap out of custard mixes, 1% max adds sweetness, creaminess, and a nice light plain cheesecake taste and smell.

I only use VC V1 (CAP), i have tried many others and they pale in comparison, in my opinion only. I was just looking at your recipes. How is that Vanilla Custard Pie? I havent used BCP (CAP) in a real long time, not that i didnt like it i just moved away from chocolate vapes for awhile.

That Sweet Strawberry Custard Pie looks pretty tasty too. I think ill try something similar tho i think i will go this route:

3% Strawberry Ripe (TFA)
2% Sweet Strawberry (CAP)
4% VC V1 (CAP)
1% Cheesecake (LA)
.5% Biscuit (FA) or 3% Graham Clear Cap or TFA

I like to mix these two strawberries, the Ripe for the smell and the Sweet for the taste. This will probably require a minimum 3 weeks curing time as it will have quite a bit of AP in it along with butyric acid, in low amounts, from the Ripe.

Ill quit rambling now, too much caffeine today. If you ever have a question please feel free to ask.

4 Likes