How do I get a cooked effect on fruits ie, pineapple upside down cake

I’m steeping the mix I made. I used fw yellow cake .golden pineapple amber and brown sugar for cooked effect . and some bav .cream and fresh cream to moisten it up.

2 Likes

Tasted like crap lol . so I’m steeping and hoping .

Personally, I think creams are the wrong way to go for what you want. I think they will soften the acidity and dull the sweetness. If I used one at all, I would go super light on a super light cream, perhaps even milk. FW Yellow Cake may be a good start, I’m not super familiar with it yet and I’ve never tried any pineapple, but now it is on the list. I am very big on pineapple upside down cake cooked in a dutch oven on the fire kind of guy. That is the highlight of camping for me. I would focus on the caramel for sure, dark caramel without butterscotch and then you need a little bit of malic/citric acid kick. I’d try something like:

Yellow Cake (FW)
Pineapple (I generally go 2+ brands on most fruits)
Sour (TFA). . .not what I want, but all I know
Kentucky Bourbon (TFA) [solely for the caramel character]
Caramel (anyone)
Salted Caramel (FW)
A very light vanilla, I DIY one from beans, perhaps Madagascar FA or Tahity
A touch of cherry, and please let me know if you find one that doesn’t suck
maybe 0.25% Raspberry (FA) would give you the malic/citric sharpness

OK, that’s just a guess and some opinions, maybe they are helpful.

I went ahead and tasted a cherry that I hadn’t opened yet and, as it turns out, it is the best cherry flavor I have tried. I think I have at least five. Its Cherries (INW). Please note that it is plural cherries, and not sweet cherry. Everything else I have tried, with the notable exception of TPA Cherry Blossom, has sucked in a cardboard kind of way.

This flavor is not super strong, at least not SnV. I’d recommend 1-2% just to get a hint of cherry in the recipe above.

One thing I am curious of is if the Pineapple flavors dominate in the same way pineapple they dominate a punch or juice mixture IRL. You know how one little cup of pineapple juice can dominate an entire punchbowl? Do the pineapple flavors behave the same way?

1 Like

Inawera pineapple…oh my goodness! Can’t go wrong there; awesome stuff.

Could just cheat. :innocent:

http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-e-liquid/diy-e-liquid-flavors/north-west-vg-flavors/pineapple-upside-down-cake-by-north-west-flavors.html

1 Like

I love Oba! I use it a lot now and at first I didn’t quite know what to think. Unfortunately this flavor does different things for each person. For me, as well as the lovely @Amy2, it gives a sweet creamy flavor akin to a cream soda.
I use it as a sweetener of sorts, some what like a marshmallow, it has a nice creaminess to it that you wouldn’t get from a marshmallow.
I wouldn’t use it as a stand alone flavor personally and it does change drastically through a long steep. I would use it around 1-2% as either a sweetener or to add a subtle creaminess to a recipe.

Liquid Amber on the other hand, it simply gives a fermented taste to fruits and shouldn’t be used any higher than 2%, unless you like a strong fermented flavor. I use it in all my resinite lines of juices (Resinite meaning in amber)
My very first Amber recipe came out pretty good if you are interested.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Now I get it. I put my Oba Oba (mixed at 2%) in my “Sweeteners” section. I’ll try adding it rather than marshmallow a few times and see what I like about it. Gosh guys, I am vaping something new and so good right now. It is Hazel Milk. I added some TPA Carmel Candy, Vanillin and Bavarian Cream to my TPA Hazelnut and Condenced Milk/Milk and I’m loving, loving it!

1 Like

I actually just discovered something about this and I don’t know many people who use EV but since you mentioned it, check it out!

1 Like

I totally agree ! Love oba it’s great on its own as well. I like it at 7% one of my favorites it when it’s paired w/ wild melon FLV.

3 Likes

Thanks rabid weasel some great pointers I’ve only got cap golden pineapple. I’ll order more flavor s eventually .I’ll just move this recipe to the back burner for now I guess. Bit I think your right creams were the wrong way to go. Hence the juice I made was now named suck sauce with a capital SUCK lol

But I did learn a ton about my flavoring s and what I need to get for future attempts

Happens to all of us…just tried to make a honeysuckle bourbon…tasted like vaping sharp cheddar cheese. Now, imagine if you were expecting the former and got the latter

YUK!

and then we learn.

2 Likes

I’m curious. Are you guys mixing from concentrated flavor drops or do you mix from single-flavors you diluted prior? I just haven’t heard anyone else mention that they keep single-flavors pre-mixed with VG/PG/Nic to use to make mixes. Every day I either use a dripper or drop a drop or two into my tank to try things out together. When I find something that goes together, I make a note of it. Tonight I had Vienna Cream FA and INW Mango in a tank. Then I tried adding 2 drops diluted TPA Red licorice into my tank by removing the drip tip … and it’s really nice. So, I opened the tank and added about 10% Red Licorice to the tank. I made a note of it. It’s still missing something to make it a new recipe, but it’s good enough to vape and that says a lot considering it’s from scratch. If it wasn’t a good ‘add’ then a few puffs later and it would have been gone. I keep every flavor that I have pre-mixed in 10 or 20 ml bottles with VG/PG/Nic, and I keep this at hand in a cupboard on the coffee table. Yes, there is one draw with “Mixes” in it, but there are other draws that just contain single flavors such as “Baked”, “Dairy”, Tobacco, Fruits. ??? Any one else do this?

1 Like

Interesting u asked this ,my son just asked a similar question. The answer is yes and no. What your asking is do we mix from ready made flavors. Yes these are called base flavors or a stone. Peach stone or cheese cake stone. That how most company made juices are produced near as I can tell. However , I don’t yet as I’m not that experienced in what the flavors I’ve purchased are going to do. And experimenting with new recipes is all I can do to keep up .

1 Like

Another suggestion is Cocopilada! I used it for a first time in a mix and I immediately thought about pineapple upside down cake. I think this is a great option for what you are trying to do.

1 Like

Wanted to reply on where to use oba oba this is Flavour Art cotton candy according to their site. And it makes sense i think its just not the usual ethyl maltol solution.To me its like TFA Vanilla Swirl without the cream, but thats my taste palatte.

This thread had me curious, so I made a version for myself. It’s only a week old but pretty tasty so far

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Ingredient %
Biscuit (INAWERA) 1.2
Brown Sugar Extra (TPA) 1.2
Catalan Cream (FA) 1.6
Cocopilada (INAWERA) 2.5
Golden Pineapple (CAP) 3
Liquid Amber (FA) 0.5
Pear (FA) 0.8
Pineapple (INAWERA) 2.8
Shisha Vanilla (INAWERA) 2.4
Sweet Cream (CAP) 1.4
Whipped Cream (TPA) 1.6

Flavor total: 19%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
1 Like

Oba Oba is different for everyone. Some, like myself, get a cream soda likeness to it. It changes drastically as it steeps and is a great sweetener around 1-2%. I’m surprised you don’t get any cream from it? To each their own :wink:

This thread has been in my head. I want it and Thai bubble tea as vapes bad. I now have all the stuf and ill try and mix something up to see how it turns out.

1 Like