How do i get set up for diy

Hi i was wondering the best way that i can get started with the least expensive set up? and what are some recipes to try?

1 Like

Instant gratification!

2 Likes

Moving my post from the other thread to this one. :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s a link for some starter kits in the beginner’s thread, but honestly I would just get some nicotine, PG, VG, a few flavors, some bottles for mixing in (10, 15, 30 ml) and some bigger squeeze bottles for putting your base liquids in, and a scale. I got most of my bottles and my scale on Amazon. I got my nicotine, PG, and VG from Myfreedomsmokes, but there are cheaper places. BCV isn’t doing nicotine right now, but they’re the cheapest for TPA, FW, Cap and Inawera flavors. FA flavors are typically cheapest at ecigexpress. You might try Vaperstek or heartland vapes for base stuff (PG, VG, nic). Here’s what I’ve found to be cheapest for those of us in the USA. Welcome to the dark side. :wink:

3 Likes

IF you want to get it all at one place, there are places like MFS below which you can, however, you might save some money if you look around online for other vendors which sell “like” kits.

https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/mixing-supplies/diy-mixing-starter-kit.html

I will go ahead and put my 2 cents in now! Go direct to the “mixing by weight” form of DIY mixing of your own juice. You will thank me later! Messing around with syringes and droppers is maddening.

3 Likes

Maybe something like these? :wink:

I like the IDEA of a starter kit, but I think what they put in them is a little ridiculous. I’m sure they’re trying to cover their bases (or butts!) but all those tubes and syringes and gloves and pipettes are just useless if you’re mixing by weight. And @Ace2607 if you are just getting started, start with mixing by weight.

4 Likes

Thanks @JoJo! I looked around for that link, but came up short.

1 Like

…just didn’t scroll down far enough!

2 Likes

I only knew where it was cuz I posted it. And clearly, I’m not above a lil attention grabbing. :smirk: Kidding, I just like knowing (or hoping!) that I’m helping people like I’ve been helped so many times. Pay it forward and all that.

4 Likes

Definitely get a scale and mix by weight. It is much simpler and less mess to clean up. You might want a graduated cylinder to measure your pg and vg and a beaker to mix in if you plan on making bigger batches. I also use disposable plastic shot glasses to weigh my flavoring and nicotine in. There are plenty of great recipes on here that you can choose from.

2 Likes

how do you measure by weight if it doesnt tell you the weight?

Hi Ace2607 your weight is in grams. You can go to your profile on ELR and change it from drops to grams and then when your mixing you would drop flavoring into the batch that is on the scale ( after you have zero / Tared the scale ) until you’ve reached the desired amount of grams per flavor.

3 Likes

On your profile page near the top right corner click on ‘my page’ that will take you to your recipe page. Click on ‘user’ and a menu will drop down, click on preferences. Scroll down and right below the change password section you will see ’ measure by drops or grams’ check the box by grams and all the recipes you open will read in ml and grams for all the ingredients.

Preferences

New password

Repeat password

Display name

Receive newsletter (rare)

Receive comment notifications

Measure in drops or grams:
Use drops
Use grams

Use manufacturer specific g

2 Likes

Follow Amy’s instructions and you will be surprised how easy and how fast you will have a batch made up.

3 Likes

thank you guys so much

3 Likes

You are welcome! There are some good people on this site that are always willing to help or steer you in the right direction.

4 Likes