How do you mix: by weight or by syringes?

Man, I read that same string of words form 100 different mixers and thought ‘Well, I may switch but I doubt it’s that big a deal’. Now I’m one of those people. If I used weight over syringes from the beginning I would be such a better mixer by now!! Why didn’t I listen to everyone back then?!?! So easy, as you guys know. So much more precise. So much better. No offense at all to the syringe mixers. I was one for close to two years. But DAMMIT I wish I wasn’t so stubborn.

2 Likes

I knew i will switch to weight eventually but started with syringes. It works well if you apply a few little tricks like dripping into upside down syringes with the plunger removed and the other end blocked.
Then I didn’t trust the affordable digital scales because in the 80s and 90s good scales were really expensive and the cheap ones were rubbish.
After a wild discussion I realized that there actually was some progress and the cheap scales you can buy now are as precise as you’ll ever need them to be for mixing liquids. Who would have thought. After only 25 years.
I’ve got a 25 GBP digital one which is great, precise and very fast but I should have spent a few quid more for one with a higher capacity and slightly bigger. You can mix up to around 200ml/250g, 500ml/600g would be very nice to have.

1 Like

I use a scale but I made a seriously stupid noob mistake a while back using the steam engine calculator. I mixed using the ml (volume) numbers instead of the mg numbers. To add insult to injury, all of those mixes were 50ml. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::pensive::grin::+1:

when somebody says 6mls of a concentrate. whats that number in percentage? for weight

See your other question

Please don’t pose the same question in different threads. People will pick up on it when you ask a question and provide you an answer (and move your question to the appropriate thread if it was misplaced).