How do you test your new recipes?

I’ve done that plenty of times. It works nicely because with such a small amount of wick it breaks in almost immediately, and when its loose inside the coil its super easy to slide out without shifting your coil around.

2 Likes

That is exactly when I test, I put just enough cotton to evenly saturate the coil and change it between flavors. I also dry burn the old liquid between flavors and use a damp paper towel to clean the inside of the top cap.

3 Likes

No. Do not use a mesh heating element without a wick. The juice will burn off instantly and you will get an awful dry hit. Trust me, dry hits on a mesh heating element are far worse than they are on a coil.

5 Likes

I do that too about to actually do that right now!

1 Like

Thanks @louiesquared, answered my question.

I’m thinking I still have to buy it. It’s shiny and squonk ready. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ROFLMAO

4 Likes
3 Likes

Lol…According to the Politicians that’s how we all test our ejuices.

I used to mix up a recipe, steep a week, and then test…but it takes a hell of a long time and if you’re unfamiliar with how flavors mix up it can just be disappointing when it comes out like garbage and you scrap it only to repeat the process hoping it’s better the next time.

What I’ve found works best is to mix up a recipe, finger test and shake & vape right away, making any adjustments needed until the shake and vape is as CLOSE to the finished product as you want it to be…then steeping usually just enhances the mix over time so I’ll test it each day and take notes for about a week.

1 Like

Another option is to vape your cotton dry in tc mode. I test some in my everyday atty and some in a rda with wick cut to the coil. If it’s weak on the rda then it is either not steeped or underflavored.

1 Like

I just got a Exus Twistr that i think is the same, you can buy little refillable cartridges for it. Seemed a good way to test flavors since i dont know how to build tanks yet either but its only a 4W little pen and i dont think is probably going to be the best way about this. If you have a good vape shop around, id go talk to them and ask for some visible rebuildable tanks and accessories, that may lessen some of your trepidation, also youtube has everything you could need knowledge wise. A lot of companies are coming out with rebuildable coils for regular vapes too, like rpm & rgc for rpm80 have rebuildable coils that look pretty simple. May be a good (cheap) place to start…

1 Like