How much is enuff?

Mike drop!!!

3 Likes

The size commonly referred to as “TFL” too friggen ittle. The damn thngs are hard to see and impossible to find if you drop one

5 Likes

I’m going to save a little off my budget of FA flavors next month to donate to ELR. I really love this site even though I don’t post much. I enjoy that it is free and nothing is asked of its users. And there is always something to learn digging through this site. As for new equipment I’m Don for a while. Except I dropped the top of my ‘drop’ rda which doesn’t go on very well now. So that needs replaced. As for flavors I call it quits every month with 300 something flavors now. But I find myself replacing the ones I use most often with larger and larger bottles. I don’t think there will ever stop building my collection.

12 Likes

@SteamECloudz @daath and the ELR Family thank you !!!

:slight_smile:

You don’t have to post much to get a lot out of ELR.

8 Likes

I could watch this magnificent bastard for 12 hours or more! Go, you beautiful freak!! GOOOOO!!!

3 Likes

On the actual mods, T5 is the most common I’ve found. As for the Allen-head grub screws, 1.3 or 1.5 mm are the two sizes I keep handy for my RTA’s.

4 Likes

As one old grumpy bastard to another, get yourself a desk mounted magnifier. Forget the glasses, toss out the little magnifier stand that came with the set of helping hands and get a lighted magnifier. Talk about a godsend!

8 Likes

How much is enuff?

Hmmmm…

Guess it depends on your point of view…

I had enough of cigs when I realized I was actually working for big tobacco even thou I was working in a pizza factory at the time. Uncle Sam got a small portion of my check , big tobacco was getting roughly 50% of my check… that was enuff. Something had to change…

Have i had enough of vape , when the alternative is working for big tobacco. I can never have enough vape. Do I get bored of mixing not really . Got a variety of daily mixes that I enjoy that I mix in large batches… just add nic … thou a few I’ve started vaping @0 nic… oh my good the difference in flavor is mesmerizing as I’ve lowered my nic from 24 to 3 over the past 2 yrs…

The biggest jump in flavor for me was going from store bought to DIY…

But sometimes I want something different. If inspiration hasn’t hit me I look at what I can mix with flavors I have. And if I’m inspired I work on my inspiration…

3 Likes

I like the suggestion of creating a section for articles. I usually find myself googling questions about vaping hardware, software, recipes, builds, etc.
Articles that answer questions such as “What” is something and “How” to do this or that.

Veterans could be asked (nicely) to write a detailed article about a topic pertaining to their expertise.
Then at the end of the article, the author could suggest a few related threads for further reading on the topic.
It is just a lot easier to find information. Also, a pro to having articles on this forum is that I feel more comfortable getting my info from ELR than other resources.

8 Likes

Honestly, i have been missing VapeyMama :eyes:
The forum has changed since i have been around (not long…) but it is bittersweet. I learned oodles of information on this site and have met many brothers and sisters that have helped me.
I still learn everyday when i pop on the site. I have seen an influx in giveaways, which is fun to pass time.
This has been the most friendly site and thats why its the only one i use.
I am excited to see if any of the proposed changes, that this thread has brought to the table, happen!
Vape on friends👊

15 Likes

@Laura5 I’m in the same boat as you.

7 Likes

I can’t function without my jeweler’s goggles.

2 Likes

I’ve tried a couple of sets of those and have had the worst luck-Vertigo, headaches(Probably due to the fact that I bought some fairly cheap ones…) I scored a lighted magnifier from my wife’s grandfather to use for soldering and now use it for damn near everything that needs super-vision to see, Coil wrapping, mounting, carburetor cleaning/rebuilding…The list grows by the week, it seems.

4 Likes

Trust me your discourse in the forums is not lost on those who came late to dinner. Thank you for continuing to set that extra place-setting at the table.

6 Likes

I was always told to go play in traffic.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with learning to run fast. More kids need to. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nowadays most kids just need to learn how to run lol the fast part can come later

5 Likes

As far as vaping/mixing goes, I don’t know if it’s “maxed out” or just hit a point where I have almost all I want to have in terms of gear and recipes. A year-ish ago I was floundering a bit, still making lots of different hit-or-miss recipes and still not having more than one or two regulars that I could rely on. Now my recipe stash has 21 regulars that are all ‘good’ (being subjective of course) that I can plug into the rotation, so I always have a good bottle waiting for me. And I’ve basically been using the same atty and one or two mods for well over a year, closer to two.

As for the forum here, yeah things changed and it hasn’t had the allure it once had. Either things changed or I changed, no matter which it was. I don’t have nearly as many questions about flavors or methods, so that part isn’t as interesting anymore. And the tone of the non-recipe side of the forum has gotten darker and a bit more bland as well in my opinion. So there is less here that appeals to me or my needs these days.

@Pro_Vapes helped refine and clarify this whole mixing thing for me. So, thanks for that. What you and others have done here will always stand, and you’ve left a legacy here that will remain in place if you really have burnt out and move on. So, you’ll have that in your back pocket to be proud of.

I’m not going to call out everyone here that made a difference since this is not that thread and there are many, but since he started the thread, I wanted to make mention of the positive recipe and mixing guidance I got from him.

How much is enuff? Well, from a keystroke in a post standpoint, this is enuff. Cheers.

5 Likes

same can be said for parents these days, don’t blame everything on the kids

3 Likes

I wish I would have seen this sooner. Of course I didn’t stop buying flavors. I’m an addict. LOL

5 Likes